As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Art Portfolio

RichyRichy Registered User regular
So, I recently got into watercolour painting. I use 11''x15'' paper. I got a few pieces done, which are now piled up on top of a shelf in my apartment, for lack of anything better to do with them. So, I'd like advice on something better to do with them! Specifically, I'd like something like a binder or a portfolio, where I could keep them safe and neatly stored, and take it out and flip around like a book to show people. But the only model of portfolio I can find at that size is $50, which seems ridiculously expensive given that all the rest of my art supplies together came up to only $100. So I'm wondering, does anyone know of less expensive options that I should look at?

Thank you!

sig.gif

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    $50 doesn't seem that bad.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Depends what you're getting. $50 for an empty binder seems way overpriced to me.

sig.gif
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    You can get them cheaper than that. It really depends on exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-basic-portfolios/

DickBlick has a good site to get an idea of pricing for what you're after. You do have to be wary of a large mark up that a lot of store like to give to art supplies.

If size is the issue, well you might not find many that small because it's a weird size. I don't see why you wouldn't go up a size for a better price? Most portfolios will have straps inside to hold your work somewhat in place.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    That's the kind of website I was looking for! Thanks Derrick!

sig.gif