As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mobo Z77 Extreme 4 Hang on A2 - No Display. Popular problem?

Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
EDIT: So you know what helps? Having all the information.

Hey guys. I just built a rig today. Go to start it up, and I get a POST initially. Think everything is good, go to configure BIOs... and it stalls on me. Think that's alright, power it down, recheck my connections. And now I get nothing - no POST, no display, just my disappointment.

Here are my specs:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel i7-3770k

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3

EVGA 04G-P4-2673-KR GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked+ w/Backplate 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

The Dr. Debug hangs on A2 - I hit Del to trigger UFECI, and it progresses to an A6. A2 mentions an IDE Detection issue (I'm using a 3 TB Seagate Barracuda via SATA). A6 indicates an SCSI Detect issue.

Guys I was so close. I even took so much longer to put this one together because I wanted it to be perfect.

Oh, and things I have tried.

- Reseating RAM
- Resetting CMOS
- Checking for shorts in the MoBo
- Buying the computer a really nice bottle of wine
- Drinking the bottle of wine in front of the computer out of spite.

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.

It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
Ultros64 on

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I get A2 and A6 even when nothing is wrong, it hits that code and then boots.

You should take all extra components out (cpu, ram, gpu, etc) and boot with one of them at a time.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png