As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

dropped iPhone 5 in the toilet

YaYaYaYa Decent.Registered User regular
pretty much as the above says

won't turn on at all, have tried drying it, etc etc

any ideas at all, or am I proper fucked?

• LankyseanLankysean Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    You can try putting it in a bag of dry white rice. That MIGHT pull some of the moisture out of the phone. If the phone was on when it hit the water there is a chance that there was some sort of electrical short that can do proper damage to the phone. Also, even if you manage to get the phone dry and working there could be corrosion damage down the road. Try the rice, if not I hope you have Apple Care. Good luck!

Lankysean on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Book an appointment with the apple store.

Act sad, see if they will replace it. They almost certainly will.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Book an appointment with the apple store.

Act sad, see if they will replace it. They almost certainly will.

Rice didn't work, so I've got a genius appointment this afternoon

I will do my best generating fake tears till then

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so, took it into the store, fudged a few details, and they replaced it for 270 AUD

not bad

not great

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Sorry yaya. They replaced the one I washed for free.

• LankyseanLankysean Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Blake T wrote: »
    Sorry yaya. They replaced the one I washed for free.

They may have charged him since it was in a toilet, not a washing machine. I think anything toilet related is an automatic biohazard and is thrown out whereas general liquid damage could be refurbished. Oh well, glad you got a new phone. Be careful with it this time lol.

Lankysean on