First Post, Comic Critique, and Discussion.

RocketRacoonRocketRacoon Registered User regular

Hey guys, this is my first post. It took me 5-6 hours to make this comic and just wanted some feedback and thoughts. Let me know what you guys think.
I thought it would be fun to try to tell a story without using words. There isn't much story in this strip but I plan to continue and flesh it more as I go along.

,thanks.

[img][/img]PgyNFGz.jpg

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Unfortunately right now your selective coloring is making the comic look unfinished. The soft gray coloring of the character just cant stand up to the pop of the trees. With stronger inks, and more complete backgrounds, maybe something like this could work, but as is, it doesn't read well.

Do you have any other work to show?

• RocketRacoonRocketRacoon Registered User regular
    No any that look rendered.

Perhaps I if desaturated it and made my ink thicker and fuller it make the piece easier digest.

• Tiptup The TurtleTiptup The Turtle Registered User new member
    Will the character remain B&W or is the work unfinished? A colorless character in a colorful world may certainly work but as it stands the strip seems to be incomplete. Also, I'd change the dialogue-bubble into a thought-bubble since it's silent, unless that's what you were going for. How much of the story do you have planned out? We do need to see more. I understand it may take hours to make a page but I'd get a few going first. Keep it up though!

Also, if you don't mind sharing, what kind of tools are you using to make this?

I had originally planned to keep the entire thing B&W. The color was a last minute detail i thought might add to the piece but it has in fact detracted from it.
    It was intentional to have a speech bubble instead a thought bubble. That thought was to have the speech bubbles in my comic be similar to "Sim Speak"

Im using Sketchbook Pro and just simple brushes. I used a few different layers to create the Jungle and I used Lock opacity a lot.

As far as planning goes. I've made the decision to make the story up as I go. I never seem to follow through with my many planned projects. (Hence my lack work to show. Ill post some irrelevant work just for fun.)

Thanks guys.

Hope you guys like!

[img][/img]d75feHG.jpg

francium
    bdGYIIQ.jpg

MuddyParasolnuttydino