As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE [Transformers]

2»

• Options
    H4D3NH4D3N Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, but in the movie/commercials the robots just look like robots, and there's not much relation to the original object like in the cartoons and these drawings. You couldn't make toys out of them.

Cool stuff in this thread, keep it up.

Well thats not entirely true... they did convincingly build a great movie toy line with quite a ridiculous amount of detail.

H4D3N on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    H4D3N wrote: »
    Yeah, but in the movie/commercials the robots just look like robots, and there's not much relation to the original object like in the cartoons and these drawings. You couldn't make toys out of them.

Well thats not entirely true... they did convincingly build a great movie toy line with quite a ridiculous amount of detail.
    Eh. When they look more like a deconstruction of the original it's cooler.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Best commercials ever.

btw: I'll try and get one of these done later on

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    H4D3NH4D3N Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Eh. When they look more like a deconstruction of the original it's cooler.

I guess I could agree with that. Anyway, DRAW A TRANSFORMER!!!!!

H4D3N on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

they toys are doing really well. they're releasing a second wave of toys that weren't in the movie.

r-jasper on
  • Options
    +scott+scott Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A old lamp made super. :D (Just a quick sketch)
    superlamplolci9.png

+scott on
    peaceman3326sig67js7.png
  • Options
    RandomActionRandomAction Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i'm attacking the darkness

RandomAction on
    [SIGPIC]http://random2action.com[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    PACETAKER.jpg

they call him pacetaker

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ahahahahaahahh

Projeck on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    easybake.jpg

Easy Bake Oven.. .. former!

Look out! He has two appendages not only able to mix the unmixable, but, they're full of basic ingredients; oil and vanilla!

He has two light-bulb heated ovens, doughnuts for wheels and .. spoons to keep them in place for some reason, because that just makes good sense.

mully on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO INGEST LONG JOHNS FROM MY COMPARTMENT!

Fugitive on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fugitive wrote: »
    IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO INGEST LONG JOHNS FROM MY COMPARTMENT!

INTENTIONALLY PLACED LONG JOHNS ARE INTENTIONALLY DELICIOUS.

that was a far cry from the 'long cat is long' thing.

mully on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ipodtransformer.png

I drew an iPod, cut the pieces apart crudely, and put them back together in the least practical way possible!

Mangoes on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That's 400 bucks down the drain.

Oh, you said drew.

:D

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If the oven racks were spring loaded to shoot out tasty death, that would be AWESOME!.

Like the idea of drawing, cutting, and pasteing. Really neat.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.