As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planetside 2 VANU] Apparently there have been upgrades! People are playing this!

1919293949597»

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    To all those that were on tonight, it was fun and we need to keep the good times rolling like that.

To all those that were not on tonight, check in sometime. We were at about half a squad and this is a game the likes more peeps.

Hell yeah! Had the best tank run ever, thanks to having a CoA bro manning the new, improved Eye of Sauron turret.* How many enemy tanks did we take out - 10? 11? And some turrets, some infantry, some assorted light vehicles. We charged into groups of 3 or 4 enemy Prowlers, dealt death and destruction, and then snuck away on our Magburner jets.

Seriously, the difference between a competent gunner and a pub gunner is like night-and-day. And going without a gunner makes you fodder, as many, many TR found out. I also found out that a single high-explosive round applied directly to the face is not actually enough to kill infantry.

Then we got into a biolab fight and I returned to my previous levels of suckitude. :D

Before that, though, man. Had a good run with an AA Scythe, then the Magrider ... Great night of PS2.

* I was, initially, predisposed against the changes, because I liked the idea of a powerful, single-shot, hyper-accurate, anti-tank lance of power. The new Eye, however, is just so effin' awesome. I am a convert.

• Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    To all those that were on tonight, it was fun and we need to keep the good times rolling like that.

To all those that were not on tonight, check in sometime. We were at about half a squad and this is a game the likes more peeps.

Hell yeah! Had the best tank run ever, thanks to having a CoA bro manning the new, improved Eye of Sauron turret.* How many enemy tanks did we take out - 10? 11? And some turrets, some infantry, some assorted light vehicles. We charged into groups of 3 or 4 enemy Prowlers, dealt death and destruction, and then snuck away on our Magburner jets.

Seriously, the difference between a competent gunner and a pub gunner is like night-and-day. And going without a gunner makes you fodder, as many, many TR found out. I also found out that a single high-explosive round applied directly to the face is not actually enough to kill infantry.

Then we got into a biolab fight and I returned to my previous levels of suckitude. :D

Before that, though, man. Had a good run with an AA Scythe, then the Magrider ... Great night of PS2.

* I was, initially, predisposed against the changes, because I liked the idea of a powerful, single-shot, hyper-accurate, anti-tank lance of power. The new Eye, however, is just so effin' awesome. I am a convert.

It was a good night indeed. Also have to mention @citizen059 and his run in a MAX that seemed to last forever. He finally died right before we got to the Biolab :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oh, and I love actually seeing Vanu MAXes running around.

It makes my Engineer heart happy.

But stop dancing around in spastic circles while I'm trying to repair you! I have to get close to catch you in the beam, and then you run through me, so I have to turn all the way around, but by then you've run through me again. The end result is that, in 10s of attempted healing, you've only benefitted from, like, 3s' worth.

• Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Elvenshae wrote: »

It was a good night indeed. Also have to mention @citizen059 and his run in a MAX that seemed to last forever. He finally died right before we got to the Biolab :P

Dual Comet spam is my favorite thing and I do enjoy the speed boost ZOE brings. Shame we didn't have someone rolling a sunderer though, running from base to base was a bit of a pain.

We got to the outpost @ the biolab and the TR had perched themselves behind some rocks, striker-spamming the oncoming VS force.

You know what disrupts striker-spam? Turns out, a ZOE MAX spamming dual comets from their flank. They got rolled shortly afterward.

The only reason I dropped the MAX was because I went to resupply at a sunderer and wasn't paying attention. It defaults to Light Assault instead of MAX.

I could've pulled another but thought nah, I'll just go in as LA and drop a spawn beacon.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah dual comets is surprisingly fun now

I don't actually like, kill any vehicles with them really, but they're pretty good at harassing massed infantry when you're too far away for blueshifts

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    I got a few vehicle kills last night, a lot of assists, and took down a base turret or two.

I like running with the comets because they're not bad against infantry and you can annoy vehicles pretty well, especially with the mobility boost and being able to get in and out of cover.

I'm only using bursters when defending a base from a mass air attack, otherwise I'm rolling with the comets.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, that tank run was pretty key. And then we tried to take the bio base, and I got so many revives.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Wulf wrote: »
    So, my new car is going to be Vanu Purple... err Plum Crazy ;)

Dodge?

Indeed, 2013 Challenger R/T Classic :3

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    I picked up the Ursa last night; I'd been looking for something a little better at range for my HA, and I'm quite happy with the purchase.

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    So i just started playing this, can anyone invite me to the outfit? (Also some tips for a new player would help)

AdditionalPylons on
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Not sure the CoA is what anyone could call an outfit any more.

Some pretty good tips in the slightly more lively thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27174929#Comment_27174929

Hmm, intredasting: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/27/planetside-2-to-include-user-generated-missions-from-august/

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Vanu is the faction with the most population on Waterson nowwwwwwwww, hehehehehheheHAHAHAHHAAHAWWHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHHAMWWWWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    4th Empire have an affinity for the northern Indar warp gate?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Those NUC kids on TR Waterson really have their shit together. Fight always seems to go in the other direction when they get there.

I would download a car.