As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Omeganaut calls incoming! Are you one of the first Australian Omeganauts?

2»

• sigh71sigh71 Registered User new member
    Hey All!

• RadeRade I'M THE CONDUCTOR OF THE POOP TRAIN! Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    sigh71 wrote: »
    Hey All!

Harro! Are you... one of us?

"You know, in hindsight that's obvious, but when those knockers were staring me in the face it was awful hard to notice her shortcomings."
    http://www.gamerdiaries.com.au
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The calls have been over for quite some time. They basically do it all at once within a few hour period.

Rade wrote: »
    Hey All!

Harro! Are you... one of us?

Yup, I'm the representative from Perth :P

• fantanoicefantanoice Quiet, please, it's snack time! Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Hi folks, I'm Rachel and a fellow Omeganaut. I'm from Pallet Town (also known as Melbourne) and looking forward to meeting all you lovely people at PAX. :)

fantanoice on
    tumblr_mnq25vklfY1qd673co1_250.pngtumblr_mnq25vklfY1qd673co2_250.png
  • rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    fantanoice wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm Rachel and a fellow Omeganaut. I'm from Pallet Town (also known as Melbourne) and looking forward to meeting all you lovely people at PAX. :)

Awesome-ing your post because of your sig :P (The HP one, more specifically.)

edited June 2013
    rith wrote: »
    fantanoice wrote: »

Awesome-ing your post because of your sig :P (The HP one, more specifically.)
    Naw, thank you. ^_^ I made both of them a few years ago and am quite proud of them (especially because most of my work is horrible). :P I was a little annoyed that I couldn't have them at their proper size, but oh well.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you there, Rith.

fantanoice on
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Awesome, more people found their way here. Congrats!

Thanks, Cuz. :) I see you found my Twitter as well. :D (Not that it was difficult to guess, but hey.)

• RadeRade I'M THE CONDUCTOR OF THE POOP TRAIN! Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So we've found half the Omeganauts. Hooray!

"You know, in hindsight that's obvious, but when those knockers were staring me in the face it was awful hard to notice her shortcomings."
  • DracohawkDracohawk Registered User regular
    Oh well I may as well tell you all as it is probably going to be announced publicly at PAX. I'm from Canberra, ACT

• RothvingRothving Registered User new member
    Howdy all. I'm an Omeganaut from Adelaide! The second one by the looks of it. Usually known as Redwing, or Jason in meatspace. Excited and terrified at the same time!

• DesparisDesparis Registered User new member
    Hi All,
    Late to the party but I'm an Omeganaut from Sydney. Can't wait to meet you all. This is gonna be fun!

Also I've gotten around to making a Twitter account now and have started following the other Omeganauts that also have one. @Dracohawk

• flamingeyebrowsflamingeyebrows Registered User new member
    Hey guys, I got a missed call from a Victorian number this morning that I think might be an Omeganaut call because no one else would call me from Victoria. The number is, 03 9988 6014. Do someone recognise it? It doesn't work when I call back. What do I do? Did i just miss my opportunity? :(

• chimpachimpa Connor Jacobs BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    No Queenslanders? Then I'm afraid I have no choice but to barrack for a draw, or better yet, elimination/disqualification of all contestants! Mwa ha hahaaa!

Hey guys, I got a missed call from a Victorian number this morning that I think might be an Omeganaut call because no one else would call me from Victoria. The number is, 03 9988 6014. Do someone recognise it? It doesn't work when I call back. What do I do? Did i just miss my opportunity? :(

Nah they did all the Omeganaut calls in one day (Tuesday 28th May) it was done on a private number and I believe they were calling from the USA using skype. If you didn't answer the phone or didn't get called then you missed out for this year.

chimpa wrote: »
    No Queenslanders? Then I'm afraid I have no choice but to barrack for a draw, or better yet, elimination/disqualification of all contestants! Mwa ha hahaaa!
    Don't give up hope, there may still be a competitor or two who haven't made themselves known yet.

I'm going to go around and follow all you folks on Twitter. Do any of you have Tumblr as well? I'm more active on that than my Twitter.

• ChiefOmegatechChiefOmegatech Registered User regular
    I have heard back from all but one Omeganaut, why is there always one?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wouldn't want your life to get boring.

What happens if they don't get back to you? Do you pick someone else?

• EvAdeEvAde Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Hi everyone. Been meaning to respond to this for a while. I am one of the omeganauts, omgbob on Twitter :)

Anyone started any training yet? :p Looking forward to the games being announced so we can get practising!

1 month to go, woo, can't wait

@EvAde welcome and congrats!

I've just updated the OP, we now have rounds that have been published in the schedule. Time to start practicing!

edited June 2013
    So, according to the schedule we're playing Geometry Wars, Win or Lose, Draw (wat?), Portal, Defence Grid, and something unknown... dun dun duuuuuuuun...

Rade on
  • AbsolutHysteriaAbsolutHysteria Lord of Whiskey Registered User regular
    YEAHHHHH

edited June 2013
    Win, Lose or Draw.

Sounds like one of the games from Spicks and Specks

sigh71 on
    I don't suppose we know if the hell that is Geometry Wars is on PC or console?

My bet for the finale - Two up.

Or we actually have a Thunderdome built. TWO OMEGANAUT ENTER. ONE OMEGANAUT LEAVE. THE STAYS IN THE DOME UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

CuZZa wrote: »

Or we actually have a Thunderdome built. TWO OMEGANAUT ENTER. ONE OMEGANAUT LEAVE. THE STAYS IN THE DOME UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

I was kind of hoping for emu racing...

CuZZa wrote: »

Also, technically, we can't play Two Up unless in ANZAC Day.

• samuraibunnysamuraibunny Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Win, Lose or Draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd9F1JDXC0Q - hello 80s !!!

i'm assuming all hints will be game-themed.

Win, Lose or Draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd9F1JDXC0Q - hello 80s !!!

i'm assuming all hints will be game-themed.

So totally coming with big hair and shoulder pads...

edited July 2013
    A bit of a bump but who managed to get into the final?

fantanoice on
  • edge888edge888 Registered User new member
    I made it! Can't wait to battle it out against Desparis in the Main Event!

This discussion has been closed.