As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Search not working on some browsers/computers

FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
Made a thread after a few PMs between me and Alpha.

For some reason, Search refuses to work on my home computer.

Specs as follows:

IE6 (with all patches)
Windows XP
cable connection via Cox Cable

Now, when I enter the search term

action AND replay

I should only get a few topics. However I get around 100, all posts have the word "action" but only about 10-15 actually have "replay". It seems for some reason the "AND" is getting dropped, or something like that.

However, when I used FireFox and Netscape 7.1 to test it out, it worked like it was supposed to; only about 12 topics returned. It also worked on IE at my workplace (same version, but with XP Pro)

Is this happening to anyone else?

FyreWulff on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2004
    Works fine for me with IE on Verizon DSL using Windows XP.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    I get about 1 page-ish worth of posts with that search.

Qwest DSL with iNebraska.
    WinXP Pro IE6 all updates.

Hey, we are both in NE :P

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    works fine for me.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    UnangBangkayUnangBangkay Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    I dunno, search gives me topics that don't even contain the words I search for.

I search for "Battlefield 2" with all terms to be located, and get back 63 pages of individual posts containing the number 2 (no "Battlefield")

I try again and get message text from 6 months ago.

I concede that there are no posts about Battlefield 2 on G&T, and create a new topic.

People start saying I suck, and that the search tool is my friend, since I obviously didn't notice that there was a BF2 topic like 3 lines down on page 1.

I use IE6 updated to date, Windows XP, updated.

UnangBangkay on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    My only problem with search is that even if I choose the Topics option, it still seems to list a bunch of threads whose only connection to my search is that some of the posts contain the text I was searching for.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2004
    I dunno, search gives me topics that don't even contain the words I search for.

I search for "Battlefield 2" with all terms to be located, and get back 63 pages of individual posts containing the number 2 (no "Battlefield")

Did you try battlefield AND 2? Everything is abbreviated here. Get used to it.

I'm locking this thread now. There is nothing wrong with the search function that hasn't been wrong with every search function and that is, people are doing the searching.

denihilist on
This discussion has been closed.