As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forum user's guide to Geth?

2»

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    psyck0 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Well one Geth related feature is that the post box now has the information regarding Geth's "threat" setting and a list of users currently not allowed to post in a thread. If this includes the recently discovered banned phrases function, that's pretty damn cool.

It does include the forbidden phrases as well, check out the webcomic thread in SE++. Crwth is able to post, but if you post his name (even as a quote) you eat an infraction.
    Kind of tempted to do a paint over of Voldemort to look vaguely like Crwth's avatar, but I'm pretty lazy.

Is there anywhere where stuff like this is actually listed? I understand that people enjoy in-jokes but it would be pretty annoying to get jailed for not knowing an in-joke specific to a certain thread or subforum.
    If a thread has a forbidden word there'll be a bar at the top of the text field telling you what it is.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If there is anything or anyone banned from a thread, your reply box will have the offending items/people listed alongside the threat level for posting such.

YL9WnCY.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited February 2013
    geth, kick @piggy chimp out of this thread for demonstration purposes.

geth, the phrase "piggy chimp" is forbidden in this thread

Tube on
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. "piggy chimp" is forbidden in this thread.

Geth, kick @piggy chimp from this thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. @Piggy Chimp banned from this thread.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    There's no threat level listed. Out of curiosity, what's the default threat level then?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited February 2013
    Default threat is minor infraction.

Tube on
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    geth set phasers to cook

Affirmative IcyLiquid. Setting force level to 'medium'.

geth, set phasers to broil

Affirmative Tube. Setting force level to 'high'.

We had the same idea but @icyliquid didn't have to look up the command

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Working on that neural interpreter as we speak, dont worry.

• psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Thank you for the clarification!

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Didn't something come up about pming Geth for statistics of some sort? How does that work?

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    You could PM Robot Cupid (aka Geth) "statistics" to get your statistics for the valentine's day event. Dunno if that's still active or not.

• 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    When Geth asks if I would like to know more, will it actually tell me more if I ask? I'm afraid to ask, but I'm just barely not afraid to ask about asking.

8aVThp6.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    143999 wrote: »
    When Geth asks if I would like to know more, will it actually tell me more if I ask? I'm afraid to ask, but I'm just barely not afraid to ask about asking.

It's a quote from the movie version of Starship Troopers.

Platy on
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Yes, I know that. Everyone knows that. I want to know if it's more than that.

So yes, I guess I would like to know more.

8aVThp6.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Well, go ahead and ask. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you eat a permaban.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Well, go ahead and ask. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you eat a permaban.
    well that caused a full spit take as I was drinking some water

well done

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    i was young once... just a kid like you. i made my mistakes- but i always had good intentions. then, i looked geth in the eye... and said five words; words forbidden from being uttered.

in a white hot flash, my vision failed me. my skin felt as if it was boiling and i couldn't speak. i was dead to the world. paralyed with fear, i played possum. i stayed completely still for 13 hours. isolated with only pain and regret for company.

and then later, i was unbanned. that was really cool.

Local H Jay on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    So do I get kicked and an infraction if I say piggy chimp then?

(Seemingly I'm going to get the answer to this soon after posting it)

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    So do I get kicked and an infraction if I say @piggy chimp then?

(Seemingly I'm going to get the answer to this soon after posting it)

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well that was anti-climactic.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    So, what's the difference between Dog and Geth? Or are the robots slowly taking over?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dog is a simple system account that creates the HUB threads.

Dog is just an automated content poster

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

You may think that, but just wait until he starts recovering his human memories.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    jothki wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    You may think that, but just wait until he starts recovering his human memories.
    No, the trauma to the prefrontal cortex ensures that process is irreversi-

Oh, I think I've said too much.

YL9WnCY.png