As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Diggin' this on free weekend. I got one person in for a 4-pack before the sale ends, any chance of two more? Send me a thinger at http://steamcommunity.com/id/UguuUguu

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh, question... Is this game month-to-month or is it free forever when you buy the game?

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh, question... Is this game month-to-month or is it free forever when you buy the game?

Free forever, although there is paid DLC coming down the pike.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Started playing again this morning, took about a 3 week hiatus. I forgot how enjoyable this game is just to run around in. I think I was burning myself out with all the pursuits and the lack of missions left. Now that I have a few more episode missions to do im enjoying the shit out of just riding around shooting mans.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    It is a bit of fun to run around and shoot things in this game, but it didn't really grab me. I'd probably keep playing if it were free or severely cheap (i.e. more cheap than the current sale) and didn't have other games demanding my attention, but as it is I don't see myself investing any more time or money on this game.

Hopefully Trion Worlds won't continue hemorrhaging employees so can improve the game further.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Alright I bought it. What a good game.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So after the free Steam weekend, looks like me and the wife will be picking this up.

Damn you free Steam weekends!

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    corrigan, did you start a new toon, or start back up with your old one?

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Still the 1700ish guy.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So far I'm enjoying it.

A little samey so far, but the chaos of the bigger group battles are still something (EGO 200ish atm, and only 2nd area)

Also started watching the series, because why not.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    The one seige I got to participate in was pretty fun. It is essentially a smaller arkfall that takes place at current map set pieces, with massive waves of small adds instead of a HUGE threat and a few elites. My biggest complaint with them is I was on for about 30 mins yesterday and I only saw 1 of them. :)

• Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    Sieges are essentially invasions from RIFT, are they not?

Sounds pretty fun, will check it later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh god, these new sieges are super fun!
    Way, way, better than boring old ark falls.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh god, these new sieges are super fun!
    Way, way, better than boring old ark falls.

I'd guess its because AFs are 30-40 people, standing around, all aiming at 1 thing not seeing a lick of "real" benefit to them helping. Whereas Sieges allow you to get a better feel for the "I'm helping" part of it.

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    Can XBox and PC play together on the same server?

• Options
    Sadly no. The 3 platforms are all separated.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    So haven't watched the show yet.. how is it doing?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Pretty good from what I can tell.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I did a silly thing and tried out the PVP system...

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    So haven't watched the show yet.. how is it doing?

Seems to be doing alright audience wise, and is actually rather good at the moment.
    Character development ahoy, a plot that's moving forward, etc.
    The main problem is a rather dull MC, but there's plenty of interesting side characters to go around.

PVP is fun!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    I dunno, I think Nolan's pretty interesting when the lawman slips and the ark hunter comes out. And the rest of the cast is fantastic.

It's renewed for a second season, so it's doing at least that well.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    kafziel wrote: »
    I dunno, I think Nolan's pretty interesting when the lawman slips and the ark hunter comes out. And the rest of the cast is fantastic.

It's renewed for a second season, so it's doing at least that well.

Nolan has not done a single thing I agree with as a lawkeeper. As a vigilante, he's a boss. Now if Irisa was something other than really whiny, that would be cool.

• Options
    Woo, finished the pursuit for the black Dodge.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Say what you want about Nolan. But man, the face he has when he hears, "My husband is missing!" is priceless in the latest episode.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I don't play this game but I do watch the show. It's enjoyable, and the fact that it's the lead in to Warehouse 13 helps, and is the reason I started watching the show.

So as far as there being people who just watch the show for it's own merits, yes, we exist.

• Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Just got back into this. Feels a bit tighter than it did at launch. We still have a group going for PA? If so, who do I hit up?

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Have they done anything with the animations since launch, or do all the characters still look like they have a stick in an uncomfortable place?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Oh, and it seems you get all the rewards for doing the show missions during this 'Marathon' event. Nice. Nolan's Rifle get!

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    Guys, if you use Raptr and have a big playtime for Defiance you can get a free outfit, a free car, and a free boosts set from their reward program.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    So I watched the season finale, and is it just me or does it seem like Defiance made the scifi->space magic jump really quick? Unfortunate. However, its got me wanting to play again, so that's a good thing.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    has this improved much since launch? Be inclined to try it out, but I find a lot of the kinds of bugs that the release pub mentioned really frustrating. On the other hand, most reviews seem to be based on either the release client or beta gameplay.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I just bought this.

Is there a PA guild, and which server is it on?

Edit: Oh guess it's probably North America...

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Do you guys think I could run this game?

Amd phenom II x4 3.2
    8 gigs ram
    ATI hd 5700

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Okay, I've got this. I'm guessing we're NA server.

Regarding character builds and stuff, how does it work and what's a good generic assault rifle/supporty dude?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Well, since this was super cheap I finally picked it up. Definitely want to hook up with anyone still playing or who has just started playing.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Using the magic of "Can I Run That" I have discovered my laptop is right about in the middle of the minimum and recommend specs, sadly closer to min. Has anyone played it at a similar setting? I fear it running like a slide show so hate to throw money down on it without having a better idea.

AMD Phenom N850 Triple-core 2.2ghz
    4GB RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 (with no official driver updates for like two years now, thanks Toshiba).

• Options
    Okay, I've got this. I'm guessing we're NA server.

Regarding character builds and stuff, how does it work and what's a good generic assault rifle/supporty dude?

I'm not a huge theorycrafter by any means, but unless they stealth patched something without me reading about it, the benefit of each perk individually is so small and generic, you really won't ever notice a difference. It's best to find perks that boost your active skill and then add "like minded" perks according to your gear and playstyle.

For instance, I tend to roll with Overcharge and a smaller capacity shield most of the time. So I run Quick Charge, Killing Machine, and Overload. Then I pick perks that have benefits to shields breaking/replenishing.

It's about finding synergies with the perks, really.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Mark me down as a new player. Obviously it's the big NA server, how do I meet up with PA folks?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    KylogueKylogue Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    So I watched the season finale, and is it just me or does it seem like Defiance made the scifi->space magic jump really quick? Unfortunate. However, its got me wanting to play again, so that's a good thing.

I don't think so, but we might be looking at an all-powerful-progenitor-race scenario. Which I'm not sure is better.

360 GT: Ixtil
    PSN: Kylogue