The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Elimination #9

• WeaselsoupWeaselsoup Registered User regular
    Jerms wrote: »
    Lexxy wrote: »
    Weaselsoup wrote: »
    oh and re artistic styles - Abby can do a lot more than her comic style, as she showed in the Magic challenge. I also think her comics were really nicely drawn, actually - the details of the facial expressions, the linework - she's a very good draughtsperson. I feel like I've already wondered if that's a word and decided it might be.

Draftsperson?
    They're both right; variant spellings. ;)

Yeah I finally figured that out. Oops. Sorry!

• emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    HanClinto wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I'm #TeamTangent, but I have immense respect and appreciation for Lexxy, as well as some firsthand Kickstarter administration experience, and wanted to chime in on your comments:
    Will Lexxy do just fine anyway? Maybe. It remains to be seen. Certainly she had a successful kickstarter, but she still has to deliver on what she's promised. Based on her past performance, I remain skeptical, but I wish her luck. I certainly think she needs it. She is unproven, both as a comic artist and as a storyteller. She can live for two years on her kickstarter funding, perhaps three, but remember a lot of that has to go into fulfilling her promises.
    There's no way she can live for 3 years (or even 2 years) on her Kickstarter funding. I'd say around a year, and that's optimistic. I've helped run two successful Kickstarter campaigns in the past year, and there are a lot of expenses involved.

Remember that 10% gets skimmed off the top of that Kickstarter right off the bat. And then not all of the payments get made (cancellations, chargebacks, whatever). So that shiny $80k Kickstarter you just made ? Knock $10k off of it and you're down to $70k. And then, as you mentioned, there are production costs involved with fulfilling the rewards. There are shirts and prints and books and bindings and buttons and pins and blah blah blah. It adds up. What sort of markup would you have in retail? 30%? 50%? Assume 50% markup -- that knocks you down to $35k left from your Kickstarter. Try living off of that for 3 years -- that's tough to do.

So that's why I say that 1 yr is a more realistic time frame for how long Lexxy has to actually complete Cloud Factory.
    She can go back to contract work if she has to, but then what? I get the impression from today's episode that she was barely making ends meet as it was with that. I speak from experience here, more important than talent and motivation, if you're going to work for yourself, the most important skill you need to have is time management. Without time management, everything else you have going for you gets wasted. As we've seen time and again, and by her own admission, that is her biggest weakness. It can take time to develop, and we all make mistakes, but how long has she been at this already?

And for as much as Lexxy talked about her lack of time management on the show, I saw none of that weakness. Sure, she never colored an elimination comic, but neither has Abby, and Lexxy's comics are craaazy long and detailed. Compare Abby's "Naughty Mystery" to any of Lexxy's comics, and the amount and quality of her work is just stellar. I don't know about you, but I think that her work speaks for itself.

Time management difficulty is very likely a weakness and an aspect of Lexxy's personality, but she strikes me as the sort of professional who is aware of self-faults, and compensates for them. Based on the quality and quantity of her work in the elimination episoes, I'd say she does so admirably. That takes an impressive level of meekness and self-awareness, and I really respect that aspect of Lexxy's professionalism.

I don't disagree on most of what you said. I forgot about the 10% cut, so yeah, probably about a year. Still, I assume she'll continue to do at least some contract work. Even when I'm doing a passion project, I still take merc work. I don't know of any creative professional who's made a complete switch overnight. Heck, even Mike and Jerry still had to do contract work long after they made it big, in order to pay the bills.

I do disagree about time management, though. I look at her elimination comics, and compare them to her sample artwork for Cloud Factory and it's a pretty big difference. It's not a black-and-white vs. color thing. Her lines are sloppy, her fills are incomplete, her panels are, well, she said so herself they weren't great. I take her at her word, time was an issue for her on the show. She always looked stressed out at the end, and everybody kept talking about it. You honestly think she wouldn't rather spent a lot more time on them? If you're going to compare to Abby, all I have to say is she had her pen down before the time ran out on both comics.

I know some people are lashing out at me because I've been critical of Lexxy. Well I respect Lexxy a lot too. As I've said time and time again, she's a great illustrator. But we all know the reason she doesn't have a comic online to read is because she doesn't have the time for it. It's a different skill set, involving both writing, and speed. So far, we haven't seen her do much writing or work very quickly. Those who can't write don't have very interesting comics, and those who can't work quickly can't make it a career (there's lots of rarely-updated comics done by creators with another full time job). If I'm not wrong, based on her kickstarter I believe we'll start to see some evidence of her writing skills next month? As for her speed, well with the reduced contract work load she might have enough time, but like any artist wanting to make a living she'll need to be as fast as possible making her product.

I'm not a hater, I'm just a skeptic. I'm waiting to be impressed. The others who actually have comics have work out there for me to be impressed by. Lexxy doesn't have a lot to show yet. That's all.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
    EricsHanClintoCambiata
  • LampLamp Registered User regular
    If you know anything about Maki's background and interests you'd know that making fun of religion is pretty squarely in his wheelhouse. I knew it was over as soon as I saw that topic.

Yasmine Teeth
  • YazilliclickYazilliclick Registered User new member
    Lexxy is definitely a good artist and best of luck to her.

People made a big deal out of how inexperienced Abby is due to her age but I think people overlook a bit that Lexxy, as far as comics, is probably about as inexperienced herself and it shows. Beyond just the lack of a joke this comic didn't even have anything to really draw a first time reader into the idea and make sure they come back to see the followup. Basically nothing happens at all, the only thing you have to go on is the idea of 'candy crusaders'. Candy crusaders is definitely going down the joke/gag line though so probably should have gone with one at the end and that would have sealed the deal but could have probably done so with some other attention grabber that would hook people.

All in all both comics this time around seemed weak. I think Maki got fairly lucky that Lexxy didn't produce a joke this time around or else he'd be gone and I think he knows it too.

I think the competition is really between Katie and Abby at this point. Abby is probably funnier of the two but Katie is more well rounded and certainly no slouch i the funny department or as an artist.

emarecksaykay
  • Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    foo wrote: »
    Maki's irrationally bugged me with its bugged content, though, because it's the sinners who specifically *aren't* raptured.
    Jurg wrote: »
    I liked Maki's better as a finished strip (even though sinners don't get raptured)

Since everyone is imperfect, everybody sins to one degree or another. These were kids in the comic, so one would think they hadn't done anything bad enough to be kept out of heaven, if you believe in that and the concept of the rapture.

Loved Maki's It Means Nothing! joke. One of the biggest laughs of the season. Another very good piece from Lexxy. Super talented.

What about what Jerry said in the car about having another show coming soon?!

emarecksaykayA Concerned Citizen
    edited June 2013
    foo wrote: »
    What about what Jerry said in the car about having another show coming soon?!

Jokes. Do you get them?

Lamp on
    emarecksaykay
  • deathbearsdeathbears Registered User new member
    @HANCLINTO RE: breaking down Kickstarter funds.

You also have to pay taxes on money raised through kickstarter. You can write off a lot of expenses for making the thing that you kickstarted, but any profits will be taxed.

emarecksaykayHanClinto
  • not_tavis's_fathernot_tavis's_father Registered User new member
    Although both artists are immensely talented, I don't think either strip was worthy of staying in the competition at this point. If only there were some precedence for going to the hotel and bringing someone back who was previously outed. Perhaps a person with a beard. And a wife. And a son. And a new baby girl. Oh well, if ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd have Christmas all year long. Congratulations Maki. The scarf is definitely erotic.

LexxyFearghaillvid
  • ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    I have the feeling if the other faction on Lexxy's strip had been something as funny as the Lollypop crusarders, then she would probably had won. There could even have been a last panel fight with everyone eating up each other's weapon or something of sorts. The point is, she seemed to know her audience, then she did her own way. Very ballsy indeed, but it ended up not working.
    Sad to see her go, I'm sure she'll manage on her own, Cloud Factory looks promising!

On the other hand, gotta love Maki. He's damn adorable, and his webcomic is great. Now up to the final three, I'm looking forward for a battle royale!

steam_sig.png
    Lavidius
  • emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    hotzp wrote: »
    She has never completed a comic strip in her life, as far as I can tell. Whatever you might say about her now three elimination strips, when compared to her concept art for Cloud Factory, you cannot honestly claim she was finished with her strips.

Why not? We know what Mike is capable of artistically when he shows off his paintings. Does that mean Penny Arcade strips are incomplete because he doesn't spend as much time on them?
    She missed a whole day of competition. Presumably she got a much better sleep during her day off, plus she managed to skip a possible elimination. Let's not forget, she was there on the first morning still working on a contract piece having stayed up all night to finish it (and still needed a bit more time). No matter what her strengths might have been in the challenge that day, I'm absolutely certain she would have struggled to complete the contract art work for WotC in the time allotted.

This is a lot of conjecture.

Mike spends as much time as he needs to, which according to his performance at the last PAX East, is not a lot of time needed. He produced a strip up to his usual standards with plenty of time to spare. Again, I'm not comparing Lexxy's elimination strips to her illustration work. I'm comparing her comics to her comics. I understand that some people have decided that her elimination comics is just a "style" but the technical details, her own words, and the comparisons you can make to her other work in and out of Strip Search would clearly indicate that she needed more time to clean up her strips.

As for her missing a day of the competition. Yes, I had some conjecture, but mostly I stated facts. My conclusion was not that she SHOULD be disqualified from winning, only that if she HAD won, it would have been after missing part of the competition which would have left a bad taste in a lot of mouths precisely because we WOULDN'T really know what might've happened. If you want to look at it another way, she missed out on opportunities to learn about the business of webcomics, and thus would not have been as prepared to use the final prize to its full potential.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
    Erics
  • Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Lamp wrote: »
    Jokes. Do you get them?

Needlessly harsh.

Finnish_Line on
    PeterBmanRyadic
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Beyond just the lack of a joke this comic didn't even have anything to really draw a first time reader into the idea and make sure they come back to see the followup. Basically nothing happens at all, the only thing you have to go on is the idea of 'candy crusaders'. Candy crusaders is definitely going down the joke/gag line though so probably should have gone with one at the end and that would have sealed the deal but could have probably done so with some other attention grabber that would hook people.
    Sounds like you missed what the comic was referencing - it wasn't just generic Candy Crusaders, it was the two singing munchkin groups from the Wizard of Oz movie that welcomed Dorothy to Oz. that's what Jerry was talking about as "high concept", the two cheerful candy munchkin societies having a religious war.

Maybe it would have been a little funnier if at the end the speech-giver said something like "Win this war and you'll be his-, you'll be his-, you'll be history!"

Dreamwriter on
    A Concerned CitizenCambiata
  • RogjahRogjah Registered User regular
    I think part of the issue here is the distinction between a comic strip and a graphic novel. My opinion is that a a comic strip should be funny and have a joke, especially in these elimination challenges because they're a one-off thing (though I will admit Monica's elimination comic hits a grey area for me). A graphic novel on the other hand doesn't have to be funny, it's more about telling a story. Kind of like the difference between the weekly PA strips and the special projects that they do like Lookouts or Automata. I wouldn't say those are particularly funny, but they are great.

I think Lexxy would make phenomenal graphic novels. Take her elimination comic today and flesh it out into an arc and it would be great. As was mentioned about her areola circus, make a coffee table book out of the wacky happenings of those clowns, fantastic. Basically, I can't see Lexxy making something like Penny Arcade, but I can see her making things like Lookouts or Automata. I get the impression that's the direction she wants to take, so that's great.

Her elimination comic today succeeded in that it really got me interested in Cloud Factory. Very much a "You had my curiosity, now you have my attention" moment. I was "meh" about it at first, now I'm sold. I don't know if I want volume zero (maybe PDF if that ends up being possible), but I definitely want volume one. I'm also not sure if I'll regularly follow the webcomic or not, but I want it to exist as a collection of print media that I can buy.

Anyway, I do think Maki deserved to win that one. I don't feel like Lexxy's had the polish of her other comics (particularly the first one). I do enjoy me some blasphemous humour. The final three is going to be intense.

• ZackarottoZackarotto Registered User new member
    I liked Lexxy's better when it was a Perry Bible Fellowship strip about Cap'n Crunch.

Inkstain82d.TFFoS
  • Angry_SamoanAngry_Samoan Now with 20% more mange... Registered User regular
    Cap'n Crunch... f*k that guy. There was no candy in his van, and he gave me syphilis...

"The history of all sports is to cheat whenever possible."- Tony Kornheiser
    A Concerned CitizenGamercow
    edited June 2013
    Rogjah wrote: »
    I think part of the issue here is the distinction between a comic strip and a graphic novel. My opinion is that a a comic strip should be funny and have a joke.

This is such an arbitrary and pointless distinction. "Strip" is a format. It has nothing to do with genre or content. I don't know what's in the newspaper comics pages these days but growing up there were Tarzan and detective adventure stories alongside Garfield and Peanuts. They weren't funny but they were undeniably "comic strips."

Edit: For that matter the PA guys have made plenty of individual "comic strips" that weren't intended to be funny.

Lamp on
    A Concerned CitizenpaulungaT-boltTofystedethRuby RhodSpman2099
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Beyond just the lack of a joke this comic didn't even have anything to really draw a first time reader into the idea and make sure they come back to see the followup. Basically nothing happens at all, the only thing you have to go on is the idea of 'candy crusaders'. Candy crusaders is definitely going down the joke/gag line though so probably should have gone with one at the end and that would have sealed the deal but could have probably done so with some other attention grabber that would hook people.
    Sounds like you missed what the comic was referencing - it wasn't just generic Candy Crusaders, it was the two singing munchkin groups from the Wizard of Oz movie that welcomed Dorothy to Oz. that's what Jerry was talking about as "high concept", the two cheerful candy munchkin societies having a religious war.

Maybe it would have been a little funnier if at the end the speech-giver said something like "Win this war and you'll be his-, you'll be his-, you'll be history!"

Fuck, that is PERFECT.

A Concerned CitizenpaulungamakitoriAnana11enderandrewKazitronSpman2099alironCambiatageekymoxiePuddingpie
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    If you know anything about Maki's background and interests you'd know that making fun of religion is pretty squarely in his wheelhouse. I knew it was over as soon as I saw that topic.

Yea. First thing I thought: "A skeptic gets religion as a subject? This game show is totally rigged."

Then I saw the comic. It wasn't bad, just boring... I smiled? idk. :|

The art on Lexxy's was neat, but it's gotta be funny to win? If it was something like the Candy Templars fighting Gumdrop Fairies by eating them and the last panel was just that... well, yeah. There's probably something wrong with me.

tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
    edited June 2013

Yea. First thing I thought: "A skeptic gets religion as a subject? This game show is totally rigged."

It wasn't a terrific joke, but it was a joke that someone who hasn't spent a lot of time thinking about specific religious tenets might not have come up with.

Lamp on

It wasn't a terrific joke, but it was a joke that someone who hasn't spent a lot of time thinking about specific religious tenets might not have come up with.

But rapture jokes are like a horse that was beaten to death, rose three days later and then was beaten to death again...

“I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
    wahayPuddingpielamelama22
    edited June 2013
    Hey Lexxy, now that you're out, can you comment on the thought process behind your Kickstarter? Was that something that you did all on your own? At the end of this episode you seemed intent on white-knuckling your comic in your little bit of free time. Did you get any help/encouragement/inspiration for the Kickstarter from PA? A LOT of people (rightly or wrongly) seemed to think that starting a Kickstarter before the show was over implied that you would ultimately lose -- was that something you thought about?

Lamp on
    Spman2099Puddingpie
  • A Concerned CitizenA Concerned Citizen Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if Mike and Jerry got the OZ reference seeing how few did. With the reference, it makes her strip very funny and turns the entire thing into a joke, without the reference it does appear to be just a high concept work along the lines of lookouts.

As a religionist, I still found Maki's comic funny mostly because things like the rapture should be mocked considering the lack of any support for it even for those who believe in the Bible as holy writ.

I will say Maki's was way more gutsy in that it used an actual religion and religious belief among a minority of it and definitely used the topic better than Lexxy's. However he did not use the candy topic as it's obviously a breakfast cereal in the context of the strip. I think that was a big oversight on his and the judges part.

Lexxy was able to use both in a very interesting manner. I actually chuckled at hers vs smiling at Maki's, but again I got the Oz reference immediately. She did use the idea of religion much less effectively as without knowing the topics hers could easily just be mistaken for any warring factions with differences in ideology that don't necessarily stem from religion. Overall though hers did use both topics when Maki's technically only used one.

In the end I would have gone with Lexxy's simply because she used both topics.

If Maki had done candies instead of Breakfast cereal I would go with his as anyone with a cursory knowledge of evangelical Christianity will get the reference, (even if they don't find it funny) and thus giving it a better chance for the humor to be seen. This vs Lexxy's that has an apparently higher initiatory knowledge (something I found unexpected until I read many of the comments that didn't catch the reference.)

edited June 2013
    Yeah, I haven't mentioned the breakfast cereal not being candy because it really feels needlessly pedantic. :P

edit: I didn't catch the OZ reference either. hm.

tastydonuts on
    ― Bill Cosby
    A Concerned Citizen
  • Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    *relieved sigh*

I have absolutely nothing against Lexxy personally, but the way she was brought back after losing just never, ever sat right with me and was a mote in the eye with every episode after. Her reelimination, assuming it sticks, was like scratching an itch that you just couldn't get to for the longest time.

• secondsecond Registered User regular
    I know it's late in the show to be asking but were the ideas in the wastebasket really "before their time" or just a random collection of words? :p religion an idea before it's time? hrmmmmm lol

A Concerned CitizenYasmine Teeth
  • KwaiPuakKwaiPuak Registered User regular
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy

This is also the first strip I had an idea popped into my mind.

Frame 1:
    Blind folded guy with a big stick

Frame 2:
    Lots of children screaming and collecting candy

Frame 3:
    A limp Jesus on the cross.

Crass, I know.

LampAngry_SamoanpsychopezKnytestormegeekymoxielamelama22
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure what's the deal with Maki's "candy." It is presented like breakfast cereal (poured in a bowl with what looks like milk) but it's in a jar? What cereal comes in a jar?

Edit: I'm not saying it even matters, it's such a minor quibble. He probably just meant it as candy being poured into a bowl.

Lamp on
    A Concerned Citizen
  • seegruseegru Master of None St. PaulRegistered User regular
    Really underwhelmed with both strips. As we get down to the nitty gritty, I wanna see the best of the best surface. I'm worried people have burned out a bit idea-wise.

Good luck Lexxy in future endeavors (although your KS proves you don't need luck). Thanks for having a thick skin. Who people gonna hate on now?

• RogjahRogjah Registered User regular
    I think part of the issue here is the distinction between a comic strip and a graphic novel. My opinion is that a a comic strip should be funny and have a joke.

This is such an arbitrary and pointless distinction. "Strip" is a format. It has nothing to do with genre or content. I don't know what's in the newspaper comics pages these days but growing up there were Tarzan and detective adventure stories alongside Garfield and Peanuts. They weren't funny but they were undeniably "comic strips."

Edit: For that matter the PA guys have made plenty of individual "comic strips" that weren't intended to be funny.

You're focusing on the wrong word here. Yes, strip is a format, but comic implies humour. But that's probably splitting hairs and there are tons of counter-examples, and putting names on things doesn't really matter. I may not have chosen the best words for it, calling the other side 'graphic novel' may not have been right, just an example. What I'm trying to say is that there are strips that are meant to be funny and strips that aren't. I was putting names on them, though is it hardly a binary system. I think that Lexxy is better at the latter, while this contest and the more popular/successful webcomics are about the former.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I have never seen a cereal that comes in a jar. I assumed they were pouring candy into a candy dish. I didn't look close enough to see if there was a liquid in the dish.

86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
    A Concerned Citizen
    edited June 2013

You're focusing on the wrong word here. Yes, strip is a format, but comic implies humour. But that's probably splitting hairs and there are tons of counter-examples, and putting names on things doesn't really matter. I may not have chosen the best words for it, calling the other side 'graphic novel' may not have been right, just an example. What I'm trying to say is that there are strips that are meant to be funny and strips that aren't. I was putting names on them, though is it hardly a binary system. I think that Lexxy is better at the latter, while this contest and the more popular/successful webcomics are about the former.

Oh geez. Sorry but "comic" has become a generic term for stories told with sequential art. Unless you want to argue that superhero comics don't count as "comics." It must be baffling to you why "comic book shops" sell more than humor books.

Lamp on
    enderandrewYasmine TeethshoeboxjeddySpman2099Cambiata
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    KwaiPuak wrote: »
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy

This is also the first strip I had an idea popped into my mind.

Frame 1:
    Blind folded guy with a big stick

Frame 2:
    Lots of children screaming and collecting candy

Frame 3:
    A limp Jesus on the cross.

Crass, I know.
    This came into my mind too.

Only instead of a children, they'd be soldiers.

and instead of a stick, he'd be holding the spear of destiny.

walrus.png
  • KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    If they want new examples for their Twitter challenge next time they make this show, these threads are the place to go. Lexxy could guest judge.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
    parmeisan
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yeah I have never seen a cereal that comes in a jar. I assumed they were pouring candy into a candy dish. I didn't look close enough to see if there was a liquid in the dish.

A lot of people use cereal jars. It keeps it fresh longer!

The coloring and shape also suggested cereal more than candy to me. Guess that depends on what kind of candy you like though, idk?

― Bill Cosby
  • makitorimakitori Registered User, Strip Search regular
    edited June 2013
    Admittedly, I left the nature of the stuff ambiguous because I wanted to go with cereal so that Jesus could form out of the mass, but was afraid I'd be docked for not using the subject (or that it wasn't close enough)

As for the joke, I personally wasn't thrilled with it, either. I knew I could do better, but in the Thunderdome, you have to go with the first or second idea that comes to mind--especially if you plan on coloring.

makitori on
    LampA Concerned CitizenAnana11tastydonutsModred189YllanesHanClintoSpman2099
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    zerzhul wrote: »
    A lot of people use cereal jars. It keeps it fresh longer!

The coloring and shape also suggested cereal more than candy to me. Guess that depends on what kind of candy you like though, idk?
    Oh, yeah, I didn't even think about the fact that some people remove the cereal from the box first, haha.

86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
    A Concerned Citizen
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    By some miracle, my three favorite people in the house made it to the Final 3.

The next couple of episodes will be rough.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Kerensky287Kerensky287 Registered User regular
    @MAKITORI: You wrote, and I quote, "Jesus Saves! The rest of you get eliminated." Does this imply that you feel the elimination is nothing more than a 90-minute-long saving throw, and that skill has nothing to do with it? /pretentious interviewer

makitorivid
  • J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Hey, who would like to see them film a celebrity Thunderdome or two? I would love to see what people like Mike and Scott could come up with.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Man, I was rooting for Lexxy, and quite honestly I found her comic to be better. I picked up on the reference pretty quickly, she did a great job of capturing the lollypop guild rep in the first panel, so I'm a bit sad she got knocked off today.

Maki's strip just seemed like a really low fruit to grab, but as someone else mentioned adding a not so serious fight scene at the bottom of Lexxy's or a witty comment would have wrapped up the joke nicely and might have edged out a win.

I think I'm on team Abby now but I am also a fan of Katie, its getting difficult to pick a single person now!

TheKoolEagle.png