As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[State of Decay] YOSE available now on XBone/PC. $10 off for returning SoD owners!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I kinda want a 360 for it tbh. By then I'd need live too and the costs keep adding up.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I actually wish Day Z had a set up more like this game, with an overall goal but still survival being important. The human element and the fact humans are inherently potentially murderous and untrustworthy is what makes DayZ an incredible and unique gaming experience. Take that away and all you have is an obscenely boring and badly thought out FPS.

Except in DayZ it's not "potentially" murderous, it's absolutely murderous. Anyone you aren't chatting with on a headset is literally going to try to kill you. The zombies don't even need to be in the game; they could change them to angry wild pigs and nothing would change. Realying on players to be dicks to each other is neither incredible nor unique.

That's not to say people can't find the game incredibly enthralling but the game is succeeding in spite of itself not because it's some amazing creation. All it really is is an open world sandbox FPS.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    This game has my favorite type of multiplayer.

The old-school, leaderboard chasing, arcade style of multiplayer.

I need a leaderboard. I need to survive for a 100 days in the zombie apocolypse, and then hop online and see one of you guys survived for 101.

And then spend weeks beating you.

No need to get violent about it, mxmarks.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    So I watched those 3 videos from IGN. Is there no way to trade stuff between people or do you have to return to base and put it in the general supply area? Seemed a waste to drop that extra gun in the camping grounds.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • sliver911sliver911 Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    This is an Xbox exclusive release?

Edit - Damn you Microsoft!

sliver911 on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    SoD is published by MS. It's hitting Xbox first, and then PC at an undetermined date.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • sliver911sliver911 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    SoD is published by MS. It's hitting Xbox first, and then PC at an undetermined date.

Now all my buddies can sit there with their damn Xbox's and rub this in my face. Thank you universe!

I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the PC version.

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    *rocks back and forth in the corner*

One more day...

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Game looks awesome, but I don't have a 360, so I'll wait for it to come out on pc and play it with a controller anyway.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So I watched those 3 videos from IGN. Is there no way to trade stuff between people or do you have to return to base and put it in the general supply area? Seemed a waste to drop that extra gun in the camping grounds.

I THINK you can call people to come pick stuff up. I don't know if you can trade between people outside the base tho.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Definitely going to buy this one tomorrow... :O

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    I THINK you can call people to come pick stuff up. I don't know if you can trade between people outside the base tho.

Yeah I remember seeing that in a video. It must have been because they were still in the tutorial while walking around with 3 people (total).

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    I was going out of town for awhile. A nice get away two states away...

And now I believe I will be bringing my Xbox 360 with me.

Can not wait to get my grubby, scavenging paws on this! It looks like everything good about Fort Zombie without all the terribleness I had to forcefully repress (I still played the hell out of that game).

steam_sig.png

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Since I haven't bought anything on XBLA in ages, what's their timeframe for releases? Are they onboard with most other services and release around midnight or a bit later, or are they still doing the "sometime in the evening or at night or whenever we feel like it" update schedule?

Are you the magic man?
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    All I'm saying is, I may or may not pass out in my recliner in the wee hours of the morning, a bottle of Jameson clutched in one hand, 360 controller dangling from the other, home key worn down from refreshing the dashboard...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    I wouldnt expect to see anything before 2AM eastern.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I wouldnt expect to see anything before 2AM eastern.

Yea. I'd be surprised if it was downloadable now. Not stressing over it either; as a "normal waking/working hours" kinda person it's not that big of a deal since I won't be able to play it for another 15 or so hours anyway. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Just so folks don't wait up, it's about 12:30 Pacific time and I didn't see the game ready for download when I checked a couple minutes ago.

at around midnight central they said it'd be up in 4-8 hours.

Second review out, from IGN.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/state-of-decay-review

Are you the magic man?
  • KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    Kroenen wrote: »
    XBLA titles are usually available around 3/4am PST the day of release.

I was more interested in what the devs had to say than the general time.

It's up now (in the US, at least) for the night owls: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-SG/Product/State-of-Decay/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111e8?noSplash=1

Are you the magic man?
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Game purchased.

Now the agonizing wait until work ends...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    Not up on the aussie store yet, the wait is agonising now knowing that others can get it

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Viking wrote: »
    Not up on the aussie store yet, the wait is agonising now knowing that others can get it

Undead Labs posted this on their Facebook page.

"Australia, I am so sorry. We cannot ship to you tomorrow. We are still waiting for the Australian Ratings Board to certify the game, and unfortunately we have no control over their response time. As soon as we hear, we'll be shipping to you with the next game update. We will not leave you behind if we can help it!"

Sorry dude.

Sirialis on
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    That sucks, ah well guess I better find another game to obsess over for a while

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    Downloading now!!!!!!!

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »

Undead Labs posted this on their Facebook page.

"Australia, I am so sorry. We cannot ship to you tomorrow. We are still waiting for the Australian Ratings Board to certify the game, and unfortunately we have no control over their response time. As soon as we hear, we'll be shipping to you with the next game update. We will not leave you behind if we can help it!"

Sorry dude.

Oh that is so fucking bullshit. There is basically no set release date for the game here in Australia?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited June 2013
    Got to the church and made a couple supply runs to some surrounding houses, but now I'm fatigued and don't have any characters to switch out to since they're both still healing (I accidentally ran over one of them). Very tense so far, you definitely can't handle more than a couple zombies at a time without using a gun, and gods help you if you draw more attention and get swarmed. I actually decided to hole up in a house and board up the windows for a while at night because I ended up getting completely surrounded. I ended up finding a crying baby doll in the house and was able to throw it out the window where it distracted a bunch of zombies and I was able to sneak out the back and get home.

Only problems so far is an inconsistent frame rate (which likely won't be a problem for most people, but I primarily play PC games and so I'm not used to anything that isn't 60fps) and some screen tearing.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    That sounds kind of awesome.

More first early impressions would be appreciated!

Automasig.jpg
    Oh fuck me I'm going to get it anyway now. But tonight is long gym night and I won't be able to play until 8PM or so. Damn my sculpted gleaming torso that I don't even vaguely have!

distracting zombies with babies

game of the year

This game exceeds my expectations and hype... Im in zombie nirvana. So many awesome moments already!

Best one: trying to jump a destroyed bridge in a pickup truck... Failed miserably, me and my two companions get thrown from the truck, aaaaaand the riverbed was swarming with zeds...

2 and a half hours until I get home...2 and a half hours...

I can not wait for this.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    This game exceeds my expectations and hype...

r.i.p. skullnumber's boner

:c

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Downloading 25% complete...I guess I should feed and bathe myself before I go off grid for the day.

Someone tell more stories of what happened because this is the slowest the time at work has gone by in a long time.

I am very, very curious about how much fun it is to go the whole "forget the story, just do what I want and survive" aspect that I felt Dead Rising nailed so well. I could do the DR plot if I wanted, but if I failed something - or just felt like seeing how long I could survive - you could go that route.

Magic Pink wrote: »
    This game exceeds my expectations and hype...

r.i.p. skullnumber's boner

:c

Yeah, it's gone. Took off like a bottle rocket.

A strong, above average sized bottle rocket!

• f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I'm going to have to stop reading this thread now, I can't tolerate other people having fun while I'm stuck rubbing my wallet against my keyboard.

steam_sig.png
  • NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    trying to think of Toddler Zombie distraction techniques so I can lure my 3 year old away from the TV long enough to download this.

:winky:
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Downloaded the trial and played it to completion. Slight jank aside the game is really fun. Explored the entire first area and then searched a few houses near the church. Ended up making too much noise searching a cabinet and about 15 zombies came bursting in through the doors and windows. I fought bravely but had to turn tail and run back to the church.

What I've noticed so far is the little nuances to the dialogue. When exploring the first area I started up a conversation with the other survivors and got jumped by a zombie. My lady said " Hold on a second " and when finished said " So, where were we? " and the conversation concluded. Also when running back to the church Alan ( I think ) called out " Everything ok? " and I replied with " Ass load of zombies on my tail! ".

I think I'm going to wait a while or just wait until the PC version. It's not a question of my desire to play it, it's just that I have so much other stuff to play I feel it wouldn't be fair on myself or the game to buy it right now.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam