As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Daniel Bryan, I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!

PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks.Registered User regular
edited August 2013 in Social Entropy++
d9ZrTaI.jpg

WWE:
It's a turbulent time with both the World and WWE champions sitting out injuries and new stars from NXT on the rise. The longest reigning WWE champion of the past decade, CM Punk, is a non-factor who hasn't been heard from for weeks. Former champions Team Hell No lost their Tag Team titles to The Shield, a nigh unbeatable guerrilla team comprised of the powerhouse Roman Reigns and the former ROH champion Seth Rollins. The closest thing they have to a leader, the loose cannon and personification of a nervous breakdown Dean Ambrose, took the United States title from the now injured Kofi Kingston with his devastating new Bulldog Driver. Elsewhere the debuts of several former pillars of the indie scene are imminent with WWE-bred favorites like Richie Steamboat and Bray Wyatt also lying in wait. We're sitting on the precipice of a giant change in tone for the largest wrestling company in the world. It's not the end of the PG era but you can see it from here.

F43EQ6k.jpg

The Indies:
Fucking time travel.

Mwx884o.jpg
PwnanObrien on

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    And TNA as Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    well there goes the daniel bryan op i was making

ALL FOR NAUGHT

EzUAYcn.png
    Here are the full Smackdown spoilers, friends:
    Smackdown opened with Miz TV featuring Daniel Bryan and Kane. They argued over whether Bryan was the weakest link or not and Kane finally stormed off.

* Curtis Axel pinned Chris Jericho after CM Punk's music played and Jericho was distracted. Holy sh** did the Coliseum pop for the music. Jericho nailed Axel with the Codebreaker after the bell.

Announced for the main event is The Shield vs. Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan.

Backstage, Tons of Funk commented on how weird the Wyatt Family seem.

Kane confronted Ryback backstage, setting up a match for later.

* Alberto Del Rio vs. Heath Slater never began as 3MB attacked Del Rio. He and Ricardo ran them off. Dolph Ziggler appeared on the Titantron and said he was cleared to return and would at Raw this Monday.

* Kane defeated Ryback via DQ after being put through a table.

Damien Sandow did an intellectual challenge with Sheamus. They had a computer that seemed like a throwback to the Anonymous General Manager. Sheamus kicks the computer but gets laid out by Sandow.

* Fandango pinned Zack Ryder. Ryder was over like it was two years ago in MSG.

In a vignette backstage, they announce Kaitlyn's admirer will reveal himself on Raw.

* Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton defeated The Shield by DQ. Bryan accidentally nailed Orton during the match so Orton nailed him with an RKO after.
    Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/286392#E1JUP0ou3ftEp7Pz.99

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Dolph Ziggler has passed his impact test and been cleared to wrestle; he is now scheduled to appear on the next Raw.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    you know if they're going to keep going with this SHEAMUS IS DUMB, BUT STRONG!!! thing they should make it so he can't ever talk and I'll be 100% fine with it

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

ALL FOR NAUGHT

and the weak link was crwth after all!

you know if they're going to keep going with this SHEAMUS IS DUMB, BUT STRONG!!! thing they should make it so he can't ever talk and I'll be 100% fine with it

you keep runnin your mouth off like that and you'll see what happens when a ginger

snaps

EzUAYcn.png
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

ALL FOR NAUGHT

please save it

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I feel like a Sith Lord or Kane standing on an ambulance

wanting Sheamus, Orton, and Kofi to turn mega heel

The Betman wrote: »

ALL FOR NAUGHT

please save it

i think it may have saved in my drafts

i'll probably forget about it when it's time for another thread in like four months

EzUAYcn.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Regarding Smackdown spoilers:
    Orton has been bitching and whining to turn for like years now so the Bryan RKO might finally be the official start. Have they ever had a match together? Bryan of course always brings the goods and Orton can have great matches when he wants to so I'm looking forward to this potential feud.

However, I'm not confident in the regular WWE audience to go along with the turn. Say what you will about Randy, the guy still gets massive face pops almost everywhere he goes.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Bryan and Orton had a match on Smackdown during Bryan's WHC reign

Watching more of the new Danielson set with his 2005 and 2006 World title matches, he sure used the "I have till 5!" catchphrase a ton.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Oh god this RAW

Daniel Bryan

I love you

I love you so much

Oh and while the Raw rating last Monday was the lowest since December they did manage to gain viewers in the 10 to 11 pm hour so that's good.

But I hope they realize when they finally start putting different matches out and new people show up the ratings might not get better and in fact might get worse for a time.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Raw was AMAZING.

Who'd have thought Daniel Bryan would be pretty much the centerpiece of Raw?

xderwsaxganu.png
    edited June 2013
    Daniel Bryan is making a case for WWE champion

Xehalus on
    Back to the clusterfuck that is Chikara a sec, I wonder if any of the talent will try and work in places like ROH and PWG or even NOAH (who needs all the talent they can get these days) with their gimmicks intact. Although I doubt the PWG fans would tolerate too much of that bullshit.

wirehead26 wrote: »
    Back to the clusterfuck that is Chikara a sec, I wonder if any of the talent will try and work in places like ROH and PWG or even NOAH (who needs all the talent they can get these days) with their gimmicks intact. Although I doubt the PWG fans would tolerate too much of that bullshit.

If they go anywhere, it's probably Dragon Gate and smaller promotions. You're right that PWG fans wouldn't put up with it, as we're focused more on wrestling than anything, so any Chikara guys coming in would have to focus on their wrestling than trying to get any gimmick over. Same thing goes with RoH.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

If he doesn't get a move into the wwe champ scene post hell no

I will be very disappointed

my hope is the WWE sticks with the best of 5 formula so the talented wrestlers can get more wins

and there is Bryan vs Cesaro in a 5 language Yes! No! argument about who puts the W in wrestling before a WWE championship feud sooner than later

• SerdonesSerdones Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

I'd be all for it. WWE's really been getting behind him as a babyface and we're finally seeing he and Team Hell No (more Bryan than Team Hell No) get week-to-week character development again, unlike around the start of the year when they'd been placed on the backburner.

And it's fricken' great to see Bryan as the centerpiece of RAW. I haven't felt so glad for him since he and Kane ran SmackDown sometime in 2012. I think between them they had three matches (one singles match each and a tag match with both of them), and then that great chair-a-palooza to close SmackDown. That was my favorite episode from 2012. Only one that still stands out, really.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Stand up comedian Amy Schumer talks about dating Dolph Ziggler on Howard Stern

For those of you that don't know Amy, I'll just warn you that this interview is most likely NSFW. Her comedy is pretty raunchy and this is no different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQCUST6tLmM

And here's a Dolph interview to even it out. Lots of honesty here. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=myI_6zO2eak&NR=1

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    edited June 2013
    Serdones wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »

I'd be all for it. WWE's really been getting behind him as a babyface and we're finally seeing he and Team Hell No (more Bryan than Team Hell No) get week-to-week character development again, unlike around the start of the year when they'd been placed on the backburner.

And it's fricken' great to see Bryan as the centerpiece of RAW. I haven't felt so glad for him since he and Kane ran SmackDown sometime in 2012. I think between them they had three matches (one singles match each and a tag match with both of them), and then that great chair-a-palooza to close SmackDown. That was my favorite episode from 2012. Only one that still stands out, really.

I would not be surprised to see him and Punk in a long and drawn out feud for the WWE title before 2013 is over.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular

I wonder if any of them will pull a Brian Pillman and use the over-elaborate work as legal justification to screw Chikara over somehow. The company is 'dissolved', after all.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but it's pretty entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeuA6vLPc48

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    3 of those guys are still employed by the WWE.

One of those guys ripped a tree out of the ground to save someone's life.

I hope those two fields have some overlap.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You know what?

I'm so tired of Orton, he doesn't even register any more. He's been so boring for so long, the last time I can remember him being interesting at all was the psycho storyline which led into the bit where HHH showed up at 'his' house and threw him through most of the building. That was fucking years ago...

I want a long feud between the World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk and the WWE Champion Daniel Bryan to unify the big belts.

I'm talking at least a year, 18 months plus, preferably.

• kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    I have to admit that watching that made me gag out loud several times.

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I miss Christopher Masterpiece.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

If they go anywhere, it's probably Dragon Gate and smaller promotions. You're right that PWG fans wouldn't put up with it, as we're focused more on wrestling than anything, so any Chikara guys coming in would have to focus on their wrestling than trying to get any gimmick over. Same thing goes with RoH.

We're talking about the promotion where El Generico is a former world champ and the Super Smash Bros. are former tag champs, right?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    This whole Chikara thing just has me wondering what Orange Cassidy is going to be doing with himself, does he even work anywhere else?
    I mean obviously he'll be watching Fast 6 on a loop until his brain melts, but after that how is he going to fund repeat viewings without that Chikara money?

In other news:
    The Young Bucks are like Candyman, but with super kicks.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I've been watching interviews all morning and came across this one with Ryback.

He meditates and credits his success to The Secret.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-cZjwtTdrY

One more before I'm done for the day.

John Cena continues to be awesome in real life by offering his home gym to developmental talent. Cameos by Shield members and Big E putting up a crazy amount of weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zgtdb7jp60

You know what?

I'm so tired of Orton, he doesn't even register any more. He's been so boring for so long, the last time I can remember him being interesting at all was the psycho storyline which led into the bit where HHH showed up at 'his' house and threw him through most of the building. That was fucking years ago...

I want a long feud between the World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk and the WWE Champion Daniel Bryan to unify the big belts.

I'm talking at least a year, 18 months plus, preferably.

Agreed but Orton isn't going anywhere for probably like, years even with his suspension issues so a heel turn would do wonders for freshening up his character.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Do you love death matches but hate blood? Do you crave a fans bring the weapons match but would rather eat your own fingers than watch CZW?
    Well boy do I have the solution for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLA9OcGdYe4

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.

We're talking about the promotion where El Generico is a former world champ and the Super Smash Bros. are former tag champs, right?

Yep, PWG is basically the left coast indy wrestling mecca. They only run around 10 shows a year but they're all near 5 star quality because they bring in the best talent and have the best matches.

But thinking more about it I know Gabe will try and bring in as many Chikara talents as he can because he's desperate to find talent fans actually care about for DGUSA and Evolve. He also debuted "entertainment" matches at the last Evolve shows which are basically comedy matches so Chikara guys would fit right into that.

Yep, PWG is basically the left coast indy wrestling mecca. They only run around 10 shows a year but they're all near 5 star quality because they bring in the best talent and have the best matches.

But thinking more about it I know Gabe will try and bring in as many Chikara talents as he can because he's desperate to find talent fans actually care about for DGUSA and Evolve. He also debuted "entertainment" matches at the last Evolve shows which are basically comedy matches so Chikara guys would fit right into that.

I'm not doubting the quality of the wrestling. I've seen a bit, and it's very good stuff. What I'm doubting is that nobody who has a silly gimmick will find success there, because... well... they have before.

xderwsaxganu.png

I'm not doubting the quality of the wrestling. I've seen a bit, and it's very good stuff. What I'm doubting is that nobody who has a silly gimmick will find success there, because... well... they have before.

Yeah if the Chikara talent just goes there to wrestle that'd be fine. I'm talking about the time travelling shit.

This discussion has been closed.