As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
edited June 2013 in Critical Failures
Dungeon Crawl Phalla: The Cave’s Treasure
Brought to you by Zombie Hero, Locus (Narrations), and Gizzy (Fact Checker Extraordinaire)

Introduction:

It’s been a long journey. You joined up with a group of adventurers hired by some local lord to take out a cave troll. Once that was done, all you wanted to do was get back home to your own bed. It was going to take more than a day to get there, so you stopped for the night at your favorite resting place, the Old Ruins Inn. When you walk in, however, you find the place even more crowded than usual.

You approach the innkeeper and ask, “What’s with the crowd tonight?”

“The usual, a quest,” says the innkeeper. “Apparently some monk’s been rounding up adventurers to help him find this holy book or holy cup or holy whatever that’s being kept with some big treasure. They’re all supposed to meet up at this cave a couple of miles north of here first thing tomorrow morning. Guess they decided the Old Ruins was as good a place as any to spend the night.”

“Do you think they’d mind someone else joining in?” you ask.

“Only one way to find out,” the innkeeper replies.

You thank the innkeeper and survey the gathered adventurers. Maybe you’ll just show up at this cave tomorrow morning and see if you can’t get yourself a piece of this treasure. What’s one more day away from home?

Special thanks to all the commenters who gave feedback after the last Dungeon Crawl Phalla.

Rules:
This is a Phalla game. If you are new, you are more than welcome to join but it might be a good idea to look over the linked topic for the basics.

After the game, any and all feedback will be appreciated.

Signing Up:
Sign up by posting in bold limegreen. You will need to pick out a character name as well, so send me a PM with the name as you sign up.

Special Signups: Merchant
There will be a few roles(merchants) where your success will have a higher dependency on your activity than a standard phalla role. These merchants have been rebalanced since last dungeon crawl, but the roles are different enough from regular roles that i will make signups separate. When you signup for the game, if you also wish to be in the pool for being a merchant, include a phrase in bold goldenrod to indicate as much.

Voting:
Elimination votes every day will be cast in bold red. Vote close will be at 10:00 EST. Votes cast\Orders Submitted at 9:59 will be accepted, orders\votes cast at 10:00 will not.
Edited vote posts will be ignored, which may result in an inactivity warning if left uncorrected.

Submitting Orders

It would be helpful to PM hosts orders in the following format:

Action:
Free Action:
Free Action:
Potion Action: (if applicable)

Inactivity:
To be considered active, each player must make at least two posts, make a vote, and submit orders. You will be removed from the game on the second day that you are inactive.

Other Rules
-Include hosts(Gizzy, Locus, Zombie Hero) in all PM’s and Proboards. No anonymous contact
-No sharing, screenshotting etc. of Host PMs
-If you are eliminated, you can make one ghost post, as long as it has no game information.
-No talking with the dead.
-You may not add players to preexisting PM conversations. Start a new conversation instead.

Sample Villager PM:
You are an adventurer! You have answered the call and are willing to risk your life to find the riches in the cave!

Starting Gold: 100

Wincon: Remove all threats to the adventuring party

Class Selection:

At the beginning of the game, alignment PMs will be sent out to all players. Then the game undergo a Day 0, where everybody gets to pick their adventurer class. By the end of Day 0, players must PM me with the class they wish to be and their character name. There are loose class limits (floors and ceilings), so when you submit your choice, include second and third choices as well. On the beginning of Day 0, you will be given a description of all the classes.

You may discuss class selection publicly, so work together to get a balanced party!

Class Selection:
Alchemist
Barbarian
Bard
Blacksmith
Cleric
Knight
Ranger
Rogue
Wizard

Abilities and Actions

Abilities are passive bonuses that are always active. Actions must be activated at night. Free actions are those taken that do not count for player’s action for that night.

Players can use one Action a night, and can use one item a night. They can use as many free actions that are available, but may only use one potion per night (not including any potions used as part of actions).

How defense works:

After all of the damage has been totaled for a player, the damage received is reduced by the defense rating, to a minimum of 25% of the original damage, rounded up. For instance, if a player receives a total of 6 damage from 3 different sources, and their defense is 2, they will take 4 damage that night.

Potions:

The adventurers have a certain supply of health potions in a public stockpile. They begin the game with X Healing Potions.

Healing Potion
Item
Heals another player for 3 HP. Cannot target self.

Mana potions may be acquired or created through various means. Unlike health potions, they are kept in individual inventories.

Mana Potion
Item
Consumed to activate certain powers

Any adventurer wishing to use a potion submits the request along with their nightly orders. If more people request potions than exist, RNG decides who uses the potion. The action of using a healing potion will be publicly announced in the thread (without alignment). The user will be announced, but not the target. Example:

Zombie Hero has used a Healing Potion!

Potions are a free action(do not require an action), but can only be used at night. Players may only use one potion per night. Potions consumed by use of powers do not count towards this limit.

Health potions are kept in a public stockpile, all other potions are kept individually.

Upgrades:

Throughout the game, players may receive bonuses to their equipment. The largest of these bonuses is automatically applied. Players may give or trade away their excess items.

Trading:

Players may trade any gold or items that they have. To do this, they must PM each other in bold medium orchid, with corresponding names filled in

“I agree to give <Item\Gold> to <receiving player>, in exchange for <Item\Gold>

If both PMs fit with each other (match except appropriate give/receive reversed), you will receive a message that the trade has completed by the host. Trades are considered instantaneous once they have host approval, and may happen at any point during the day, except for between vote close and narration.

Monster Encounters:

The Cave is overrun with monsters. The monsters will attack the players each night, before the adventurer’s get a chance to act. Monsters have various preset methods of choosing their targets. Once a monster is killed, they will drop a certain amount of gold per player and some items for the leader to distribute. Item distribution is instantaneous once approved by Host.

Clarifications

Order of Operations:
Vote -> Monster Actions -> Player Actions -> Health Checks

Vote Ties: Tied Votes will result in both ‘winners’ being removed from the game.

Player List
1. Ketbra MRTLicious
2. INANTP*
3. ObiFett
5. Invictus
6. SLyM
8. CesareB*
9. Void Slayer
10. The Anonymous
12. Grunt's Ghosts
18. Jdarksun
19. Premium*
21. TheRoadVirus*
24. Feckless Rogue
25. Baidol
26. JaysonFour
27. Cythraul
29. Flarne
30. Peccavi
31. Tayrun*

Deaths

Day 1 Deaths
Kizmo(Kime) - Adventurer Wizard
Cyril Figis, ISIS Comptroller (Iron Weasel) - Adventurer Wizard
Mantaur (Typhus733) - Adventurer Barbarian
Sir M8 (Warban) - Adventurer Ranger

Day 2 Deaths
Don Juan Cherry Tempo (Bedlam) - Adventurer Rogue
Soldier B (Mill) - Adventurer Knight
Krizmo (Mikey CTS) - Adventurer Wizard
Gizmo (ronrab) – Adventurer
Ooze

Day 3 Deaths
Pizmo (Lonely Ahava) - Adventurer Cleric
Francois Baconne(Ominous Lozenge) - Mad Blacksmith
King Roberto (Auralynx) - Adventurer Blacksmith
Alecks(Jpants) - Mad Bard

Day 4 Deaths
Lucian Oakheart (Assuran) - Adventurer Familiar Bear
Schizmo (Langly) - Adventurer Rogue
Fizmo (SeGaTai) - Adventurer Cleric
Novah (ObiFett) - Adventurer Knight

Aramil Cael (Trust) - Avatar of Famine Knight

Cyclops

Reserves:
1.Wildcat
2. Blahmcblah

Narrations
Day 0, Party Formation
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

This game will mostly likely begin sunday evening, with Monday being Day 0. This is designed for 40 people, but we will be flexible about the number of players.

Steam
Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
3ds: 3282-2248-0453
Zombie Hero on

• Options
    Reserved for Results etc.

Steam
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hi

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i should probably put myself in the merchant pool too i guess

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Time for the glorious return of the Xaphos brothers!

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I'm moving soon, but I can probably still participate.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I guess?

I might switch my signup to a merchant signup depending on how I feel once the game is more full

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I know I said I was on break, but I had too much fun with the last game to pass this up.

Also being a merchant could be super fun.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Treasure you say?

Count me in

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Woo lets go all wizard party, what could go wrong?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Let's crawl through some dungeons

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Reading the first of these was a big factor in getting me to start participating.
    I'm game to be a salesman as well.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Hide behind the pile of dead bards!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Weeeee

Weeeeeeee

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Time for the glorious return of the Xaphos brothers!
    Yes, this is what I want.
    No lie.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Derp

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I'm back, bitches.
    Let's get rich exploiting itinerant adventurers.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    ME TALK LIKE THIS AGAIN TO TALKEY MANS.

ME SMUSH PEOPLE.

ME HAVE GREAT FUN.

• Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    sign me up please

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    me
    me

• Options
    Merchant sign-up. This time... they're out for vengeance!

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Merchant sign-up. This time... they're out for vengeance!
    Wait, wait – I got it:

Now in stock: Cans of Whoop Ass.

We open them for you.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Im starting to feel like a dungeon dragon

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    ME TALK LIKE THIS AGAIN TO TALKEY MANS.

ME SMUSH PEOPLE.

ME HAVE GREAT FUN.

That's right, Thog! And when we find my twin brother Elan, you can smash him and the Order of the Stick!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kobold swordmage at your service!
    The mage opens his cloak to show you the goods he's got to offer

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Other Rules
    -Include hosts(Gizzy, Locus, Zombie Hero) in all PM’s and Proboards. No anonymous contact

Nobody PM T_A per host orders

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    If this hasn't started by the time the weekend is over, I'll sign up. Not going to be able to play this weekend sadly. Maybe if it starts Sunday.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I don't think it'll start til sun night / mon bc ZH is going out of town for the weekend.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    signup

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Well then Sign me up!

Yes, we're open!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Okay, everyone in WLD : We need to replicate that party as nearly as possible but shuffle which characters we're approximating, in order to retain synergy.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Okay, everyone in WLD : We need to replicate that party as nearly as possible but shuffle which characters we're approximating, in order to retain synergy.
    Hah, I should have been Chris Perkins.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    It has been too long. I hunger.

Bring me my cape and my enchanted aardvark companion.

• Options
    MORE MEAT FOR THE SLAUGHTER

• Options
    Will all merchants have the same inventory? Will they be required to use the same pricing scheme? Are they competing amongst themselves again?

I'll happily take yes or no answers on those; don't want details, just want to know a little more about what we may be getting into in the world of commerce.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Will all merchants have the same inventory? Will they be required to use the same pricing scheme? Are they competing amongst themselves again?

I'll happily take yes or no answers on those; don't want details, just want to know a little more about what we may be getting into in the world of commerce.

Merchants will have access to the same items.
    They are not bound by any pricing scheme, except that they cannot trade fractions of gold pieces.
    They will be competing against themselves again.

Steam
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    So guys, how's tricks? It's been like a month since my last phalla.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.