As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New Young Uncanny Secret A.I. Arena [Avengers] Thread (Now with less Dark)

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    eh, he was a failure, the twins would be the true heirs in their eyes I'd imagine

Do the twins even properly exist anymore tho with
    Kang having them as time displaced protege's?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The infant versions do.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, Tobes.
    Kang kidnapped the twins and raised them, then the grown twins killed the Celestial and the remnants of the Apocalypse Cult in Akkaba City recognized them as Apocalypse's heirs before the twins annihilated them.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, Tobes.
    Kang kidnapped the twins and raised them, then the grown twins killed the Celestial and the remnants of the Apocalypse Cult in Akkaba City recognized them as Apocalypse's heirs before the twins annihilated them.

Ah I think I just had the order mixed up in my head

edit: Altho
    With Kang, mixing up the order is a lot easier to do , cause who knows what when *brain pops*

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So Juggernaut is gonna show up in Uncanny Avengers soon, as is Quicksilver.

The way Remender worded it it sounds like Juggernaut might actually join the team.

I liked the time Cain was hanging out at Xavier's. Then came the "Cyttorak dosn't like me being good boohoo" malarkey. Hopefully they ignore that or go with the Alternate Cyttorak who is powering Cain now dosn't mind.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So Juggernaut is gonna show up in Uncanny Avengers soon, as is Quicksilver.

The way Remender worded it it sounds like Juggernaut might actually join the team.

I liked the time Cain was hanging out at Xavier's. Then came the "Cyttorak dosn't like me being good boohoo" malarkey. Hopefully they ignore that or go with the Alternate Cyttorak who is powering Cain now dosn't mind.

I always liked the version of Cyttorak that appeared in Doctor Strange which boiled down to "I don't care if you use my power for good or evil, just make sure that you leave an impression."

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Colossus with the Cyttorak crystal, as well as it's reasons for staying with him, was best Cyttorak.

The whole "Fuuuck I do more destruction being a GOOD GUY" stuff was grand.

• SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I've been catching up on Uncanny Avengers. This book is sooooo good.

• DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    Colossus with the Cyttorak crystal, as well as it's reasons for staying with him, was best Cyttorak.

The whole "Fuuuck I do more destruction being a GOOD GUY" stuff was grand.

Yeah I love how Cyttorak considered Cain a fun meal every now and again but Colossus was a near constant feast of destruction

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    detail.jpg

The Mighty (Avengers?) Infinity tie-in, starring Luke Cage as a leader of the heroes left on Earth who have to become the Avengers in the wake of Thanos' invasion.

No word on creative team or the rest of the roster, the Cage thing is only visible with the Marvel AR app.

CYpGAPn.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    HIckman, you clever bastard.

He's really putting his background as a graphic designer to great use designing all of these infographics.

When I scanned that with my phone, it revealed
    Superior Spider-Man. It showed a short video of Brevoort talking about how he'll be stuck in New York during the Infinity event.

edited June 2013
    When I scanned that with my phone, it revealed
    Superior Spider-Man. It showed a short video of Brevoort talking about how he'll be stuck in New York during the Infinity event.
    Weeeeeird

Ha, they must have screwed up the AR code or something. So that's two of the six heroes.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    And I guess we can hopefully assume Iron Fist is another one, if Cage is there.

I would think so, especially since Danny hasn't been seen since Defenders.

CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This would be a good way to bring in some of the Dark Avengers to see if they can salvage them.
    USAgent is under Toxie Doxie's control because of his new limbs, Ragnarok is basically Thunderstrike 3.0, and that little spider demon thing was killed or kicked away or something.

And if Hickman wants to bring it back, USAgent was alien police cop for a while, he could always go back to that role. If he's pulling out an old Claremont story from an annual in Avengers, this story was only ten years old at least.

Needs more Hulks.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    This would be a good way to bring in some of the Dark Avengers to see if they can salvage them.

That reminds me. Man, how bad was that last issue of Dark Avengers?

Answer: So bad.

You didn't like
    the Butch & Sundance vs. the Bolivian Army last page?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    HIckman, you clever bastard.

He's really putting his background as a graphic designer to great use designing all of these infographics.

The whole circular web thing for the Avengers is so beautiful.

IKknkhU.gif
    We've got some early pages for Avengers A.I. here:
    detail.jpg

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

also a baby variant cover!

detail.jpg

Username: HANK_PYM
    Password: IS_THE_GREATEST

Hell yes I want this book now

CYpGAPn.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    not liking that interior art

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    not digging the interior art either, but i can see it growing on me.

because i will read anything starring hank pym, so it's gonna have to.

7656367.jpg
    I think the art is alright

I wouldn't call it good, but it is servicable

CYpGAPn.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    not liking that interior art

I really think the coloring is what's hurting it. For instance, I think this page from FF, looks pretty great.

WP5L2A8l.jpg

Likewise, I think a lot of his black and white stuff is pretty cool.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I like the art, the noses remind me of Humberto Ramos' Impulse days.

yeah, i've noticed that the house coloring in Marvel is typically pretty similar and not always to the advantage of the lineart/inks.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so @Solar

Is there anything Hickman could have done, short of bringing back The Sentry, to make the latest issue of Avengers more to your tastes?

• DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    so who all is looking forward to
    Adam The Blue Marvel kicking ass the way he should. I cant wait to see him back in the mainstream

Official reveal!

detail.jpg
    http://marvel.com/news/story/20704/find_out_who_is_mighty

Man, they're really blasting through these reveals.

And yeah, I am stoked to see Luke Cage and the Blue Marvel on the same team. Sounds awesome.

While I want Iron Fist in there

I would also be happy with Ghost Rider who has also been fairly absent recently

CYpGAPn.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    It's hard to imagine Ghost Tider on a formal team, just sitting around drinking coffee waiting for some danger alarm to go off.

And I know he was on the Champions, but come on they don't count.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Arena 10
    Chase killing Nico while mind-controlled is a clever twist on the story thusfar but goddamn if it didn't hurt my soul a little bit

So Iron Man's secret origin is revealed
    he was modified by 451 with his parents permission (so they could actually have him) and was designed to be an engineer capable of arming and advancing humanity to a point where they could stand against the likes of the Kree or Skrulls. His drive to innovate humanities defenses and build new weapons and energy sources is literally hardwired into his DNA.

CYpGAPn.png
    that

is pretty dumb!

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I kinda like it

is the Marvel code redemption site not working for anyone else?

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    OK, I get that if the characters were written smarter, they wouldn't be dropping so fast. But come on, they're acting a bit too incompetent.

They already screwed up big time last issue by letting Death Locket near Apex.
    Now X-23 charges in like an idiot instead of using her assassin training to sneak up on Apex or observe her for a while to look for weaknesses or wait for a moment of vulnerability.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    OK, I get that if the characters were written smarter, they wouldn't be dropping so fast. But come on, they're acting a bit too incompetent.

They already screwed up big time last issue by letting Death Locket near Apex.
    Now X-23 charges in like an idiot instead of using her assassin training to sneak up on Apex or observe her for a while to look for weaknesses or wait for a moment of vulnerability.
    Also, Chase apparently failing to understand that the Darhawk armor is technology.