As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @Spoit:
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    A couple of quick changes makes it blend better with Ye Olde Style:
    /* restore reaction record */
    	.PhotoWrapSmall {
    		display:inline !important;
    		visibility: hidden !important;
    	}
    	.ReactSprite {
    	}
    	.RecordReactions + .Reactions, .Reactions{
    		margin-top: 10px !important;
    	}
    	.RecordReactions {
    		display: block !important;
    		float: right !important;
    		padding-bottom: 10px !important;
    	}

.RecordReactions .PhotoWrapSmall {
    		visibility: visible !important;
    	}
    	.UserReactionWrap .ReactSprite {
    		bottom: 0px !important;
    		position: absolute !important;
    		right: 0px !important;				
    	}

At least in Firefox.

Edit: Edited script to prevent icons from showing everywhere except user reactions.
    Edit2:Adjust position slightly.

Only problem is every time I update Ye Olde Style I have to re-add this bit because the update overwrites the whole style and I haven't spent the 5 minutes it presumably takes to learn enough about Stylish to make a seperate style for it instead. :P (Edit: Problem solved by next post!)

Essee on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You just do write new style-> for forums.penny-arcade.com

And paste that inside the {}s

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    Spoit wrote: »
    You just do write new style-> for forums.penny-arcade.com

And paste that inside the {}s

But I swear I tried that before and it didn't work! Abloo bloo bloo. (Okay actually I just figured out from what you said why "for [site]" wasn't an option before-- you have to use the toolbar icon for Stylish to choose that, and I disabled it a long time ago. Why that's not an option on "Write new style" in the Extensions pane, at least in SeaMonkey, I can't imagine. I tried to do it the hard way from the extensions pane before, writing in the document domain/etc. like Ye Olde had it, but it didn't work... maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to bracketing, I dunno. Thanks for jumpstarting my brain. :P)

Edit: Oddly enough, moving it into its own style seems to cause the icons to not have the tiny icons for Agree/Awesome on them (adding it into Ye Olde did show them). Must be something that applies them somewhere in regular Ye Olde... Maybe I'll fiddle around with that a bit later.

Essee on
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    What are the reaction things? I haven't made any changes to Ye Olde Style but I don't notice a significant (any really) difference between that screenshot and what I see on my desktop/laptop.

emp123 wrote: »
    What are the reaction things? I haven't made any changes to Ye Olde Style but I don't notice a significant (any really) difference between that screenshot and what I see on my desktop/laptop.

In addition to the number of Agrees/Awesomes a post gets, in the default style, the icons of the people who agreed/awesomed are shown alongside the post. I personally like this feature (but not the icons on the forum indexes). With that extra script, you'll notice in one of the screenshots (there are two) that one icon is right above the Agree/etc. buttons, and it doesn't take up much extra space. When I was adding the script to Ye Olde directly, it also showed the icon for Agree/Awesome (a... face?... or a heart, respectively) on top of the icons depending on which button the person hit, as in the default theme, which is visible in that screenshot as well (the heart for Awesome). For some reason that doesn't happen with the script as-is when it's seperate from Ye Olde... must be some aspect of the reactions code missing that's present in Ye Olde, which I might try to find myself. I dunno if anybody besides me would care as long as they can hover over people's icons and get the same info, but I kind of like that extra visual info. =P

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Updated. This may be of interest to @Essee
    17/5/13
    - Readded reaction avatars, thanks to Mblackwell for most of the code.

Had to do some tweaks to get it to work just right, but it should be good to go. Any issues, just give a holler. I originally held off readding them because I disliked the system, but they're useful information, so I reconsidered.

The way it's set up now doesn't add any extra length to posts, but rather, shows the reaction buttons and avatars inline with the signature.

Suriko on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    If you use the Javascript mouse-over reaction thing like I do, this hides the icons again:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.penny-arcade.com") {

.PhotoWrapSmall {
    }
    }
    }
    }

Ah, I think I have some script monkey thing that does the same thing on mouse over.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I got that to hide the reaction icons, but now nothing shows up in the grey box that pops up when I hover over agree/awesome. It still tells me who is there if I hover over where the icons should be, but the pictures don't actually appear.

Looks like it has also disabled the tiny avatars showing up on the bookmarks page as well, after I set up like two lines of code that fixed that before. Boo. :(

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I don't understand why I'm the only one who seems to have no line separating posts from sigs and my 'edit' is still black instead of white.

This doesn't seem to happen to other Chrome users, like, at all who are using YOS.

Could I be missing something, @Suriko?

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have a line separating them in some posts, but not in others. Like not in yours, Magus, but right above you is. Weird.

Edit: Or is it because the line is white and blending in with the sigs...

Xeddicus on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I got that to hide the reaction icons, but now nothing shows up in the grey box that pops up when I hover over agree/awesome. It still tells me who is there if I hover over where the icons should be, but the pictures don't actually appear.

Looks like it has also disabled the tiny avatars showing up on the bookmarks page as well, after I set up like two lines of code that fixed that before. Boo. :(

I had this same problem and got around it by just blocking the "RecordReactions" bit and leaving the rest alone.

examplekb.jpg

No sig lines, and the edit button is still the wrong color. I have to be missing something.

Reynolds wrote: »

I had this same problem and got around it by just blocking the "RecordReactions" bit and leaving the rest alone.

I've been fiddling around with this for a while now, but I just don't know enough about CSS? to make it work properly. I can make the tiny avatars reappear on My Bookmarks and in the floating Agree/Awesome area, but it makes tons of other little weird things happen. Can anyone give me something I can copy/paste to make this play nice?

uyvfOQy.png
    Oh no, I updated the stylesheet and its changed the placement of the Agree/Awesome thing so now my PAForums: React Mouseover thing doesnt work correctly.

I hate to ask but, is there anything I can do to fix this, and if so can you use super simple language to explain it to me?

That's exactly what I was asking...

I gave up for now and deactivated the mouseover extension.

uyvfOQy.png
    Oh no, I updated the stylesheet and its changed the placement of the Agree/Awesome thing so now my PAForums: React Mouseover thing doesnt work correctly.

I hate to ask but, is there anything I can do to fix this, and if so can you use super simple language to explain it to me?

If you want the style to go back to the way it was, just delete this from the end of the style:
    .PhotoWrapSmall {
    bottom: 45px !important;	
    }
    .ReactSprite {
    }
    margin-top: -10px !important;
    }
    .RecordReactions {
    position:absolute;
    bottom: -27px !important;
    right: 13px !important;
    }
    }
    }

Thanks! <3

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Suriko wrote: »

If you want the style to go back to the way it was, just delete this from the end of the style:
    .PhotoWrapSmall {
    }
    .ReactSprite {
    }
    margin-top: -10px !important;
    }
    .RecordReactions {
    position:absolute;
    bottom: -27px !important;
    right: 13px !important;
    }
    }
    }

So by design the the happy faces/hearts are now supposed to be displaying in the post below marked across the top , or is that a glitch?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a glitch if I'm understanding you. The agree/awesome pics should be showing up right above the report link (and then moving towards the sig pic) in the post. as Suriko said.

Xeddicus on
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Sounds like a glitch if I'm understanding you. The agree/awesome pics should be showing up right above the report link (and then moving towards the sig pic) in the post. as Suriko said.

Fixed it. Weird interaction with the other Reactions script a few pages back. I turned it off and it looks fine now.

camo_sig.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Do I have to do anything to make ignored users avatars not show up like how new style does it?

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    Hrm, the style doesn't seem to be loading at all. I'm just getting the (painfully) bright normal board colors.

Edit: It seems to have righted itself.

Magus` on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So most people's avatars aren't loading? Is that just me, or is it a thing?

edit: the second part was just me...

LTM on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Edit: Scratch that, I need a more specific fix for my JS thing to continue working right.

ASimPerson on
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    @Suriko

The reaction avatar icons overlap the Agree/Awesome links in the Agree and Awesome profile pages.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Did I just have a stroke, or did the color of the quote/agree/awesome/report buttons just change? I could have sworn they were black, and now they're blue. I like the blue better because it fits the rest of the default theme better. But it's bugging me that I can't convince myself that I'm not imagining the change.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    You're not imagining it.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    You're not imagining it.

Just a minor suggestion, the transparent "Agree" smiley is kinda weird looking overlayed on someone's avatar. I think it'd probably be better with a solid white fill. /$0.02

Might be a glitch at my end, but after a few refresh attempts, the bookmark has disappeared.

camo_sig.png
    übergeek wrote: »
    Might be a glitch at my end, but after a few refresh attempts, the bookmark has disappeared.

Bookmark isnt showing up for me either.

Updated.
    8/6/13
    - Bookmarks fixed as new style changed them.
    - Awesome/Agree screens in profile page tweaked.

Looks like the CSS for bookmarks after the forums update was a bit off. Not a big fan of the blue star, but with the sprite sheet of the forums, that's the best I can do.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Looks like the CSS for bookmarks after the forums update was a bit off. Not a big fan of the blue star, but with the sprite sheet of the forums, that's the best I can do.

it looks like the new sprites are just being heaped on top of the old bookmark styling, and while the new image is taking effect, the old positioning is still being applied too.

my personal fix looks like:
    a.Bookmark, a.Bookmarking, a.Bookmarked {
        /* aka url(images/bookmark.png) */
        background-image: url("//forums.penny-arcade.com/themes/pennyarcade/design/images/bookmark.png");
    }

Absolute path has to be used since custom.css is relative, but we are not.

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I just came here to whine about Ye Olde never seeming to be updated to display reaction avatars only to find out that it has recently been and I needed to update my style.

So, thanks to all of you who have kept up with this long after my patience would have worn thin.

8aVThp6.png
  • Philemon's TranslatorPhilemon's Translator Registered User new member
    Perhaps I have been your bug. Like a lost luddite I attempted to come and taste of the wafer, yet it was still too sweet for one as young as I. I can only desire that it's very vines could be transfigured in the image of wine. Alas, I was disturbed by the moons original image, and have replaced it with the display of a pirate king of the monkey. Behold, as Son Goku starts a journey to the west, to find the 7 chaos emeralds. As a man who was not needed, I snuffed out my own desires by following them. Forgive me Icarus. The sun was too strong for me on the solstice. But via half truths, I will strive to seek it all, despite being born the age '92. If you search me, you will find want and fault, for I am still a boy in the eyes of men. Alas, I have grown to fear the eye's of the moon. So I will hide behind my cryptic words. But my kin know this, I have looked at fear in the eyes, and feel afraid. Tell me, am I but a bug to be tested?

• Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    Oh man, why didn't I find out about this sooner? I love having the old style back!

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Is it possible to have the bookmark stars on the left (next to the thread titles) instead of the right? I used to be able to change that back when we had bookmarks instead of stars, but for some reason I can't do it now.

sig.gif
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Not sure if there was an update recently, but looks like the format buttons for comments aren't displaying correctly. Is this just me?

Untitled_zps7fb44f0d.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Nope, they started looking like that sometime in the last couple hours for me, too.