As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awful Forum Load Times

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I just handled the infrastructure side. @Toddo did the coding and UI.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    But on his behalf, thank you :)

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm still getting the same slowdown as before.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Still happening today @IcyLiquid

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    It's been better most of the day today, but I did notice it started slowing down about ten minutes ago around 7:00 PM (Central) just like others have said the last few nights. Doesn't seem as bad as last night, but it's noticeable.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Yeah 7pm Central on the dot, every night. I'm not sure how long it lasts after it starts, though, because I'm only on while at work (until about 10pm CST), then I go home and do other things.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Yeah 7pm Central on the dot, every night. I'm not sure how long it lasts after it starts, though, because I'm only on while at work (until about 10pm CST), then I go home and do other things.

It seems to last about 2 hours. So about 9PM Central.

Edit: Interesting. After posting this, it seems a LITTLE bit better. Pages are at least eventually loading for me now.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    yeah, it took me 17 Mississippi's to get from page one of this thread to page 2

every other site I've tried tonight has been fine

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Another irritating part is that for some reason, the "mark the newest post as visited" command seems to be the first thing done on page load, or maybe just with clicking the link. This is annoying on it's own, but particularly here in that you click the link to a thread, then you can't ever reach the thread because of the load times.

And yet the forum marks the thread as now having no new posts :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Another irritating part is that for some reason, the "mark the newest post as visited" command seems to be the first thing done on page load, or maybe just with clicking the link. This is annoying on it's own, but particularly here in that you click the link to a thread, then you can't ever reach the thread because of the load times.

And yet the forum marks the thread as now having no new posts :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I spoke too soon earlier. Still having issues.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    skeldare wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

It seems to last about 2 hours. So about 9PM Central.

I haven't found this timing to be true, but I thought I would just verify by the clock myself that it's still happening after a certain time.

It's 9:30p CST right now, and load times are still slow. As far as I can remember, it always lasts this long, since this issue started happening. I'll be leaving work at 10p as I said so I won't be able to track it after that.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Just cleared up for me.

• Options
    Just cleared up for me.

Yes, same here! Now it's working fine.

• Options
    Yeah, the slowness seemed to last longer today then it did previously. At least it's over for now.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    This seemed to start up again around 8 PM eastern for me.

• Options
    Happening here too. Guess even weekends aren't safe.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    yeah i'm -7 GMT and it's always around 6PM and after for a few hours that it's happening.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    @IcyLiquid Started happening again, right at 2000 Eastern.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Ditto on the 'always at 8PM EST' thing.

weird how it's so consistent

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Not that weird, the consistency obviously means that something specific is triggering it rather than it just happening randomly.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    This is the first time I've noticed it, but it's been crawling today after about 10:00pm.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WWDC. But it's fast for me right now. Where are you seeing slowness?

• Options
    nvm I found it. working on it.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Whatever you did recently also broke all icons (i.e. bookmarks, settings, the "awesome" heart, search, etc. - basically everything right of my Profile name, any post icons, and the search button) for me at work (they are invisible - still there but I can't see any of them). Granted work blocks a lot of stuff so I'm guessing you moved them off-site?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    They're being served off our icon servers at vanillicon.com now.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I noticed that the Bookmark symbol is gone from the Bookmarks Page, or their just invisible as my mouse pointer changes when I'm in the general area.

Edit: ok the back button isn't different, it's when you quote it sends you to a new page instead of the current page.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    It's slowing down again.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Service Unavailable
    The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Move Along.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Nothing to see here.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    C-C-C-Combo breaker!

But yeah, once again it's happening.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Holy cow, lagorama. This is the worst I've seen it in awhile.

Edit: And now it seems good.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yeah, everything seems good right now. No doubt with the Sony conference there'll be some strain, but the recent slowdown lasted much longer during previous days.

• Options
    This seems to be happening again today.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    This is happening for me right now, as it has been around this time for the past week or so.

Connecting from the UK, if that helps eliminate any regional considerations.

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Happening right now from the east coast. 10 seconds to reload this page for me.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Same on the west coast, it's dog slow

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Don't know if if helps, but same here in central time zone (Texas). I got a "service unavailable" error too when I went to make a post earlier.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    PMs, favorited, and notifications are all manner of fried and slow. 9:14pm est.

This discussion has been closed.