As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Male Genital Mutilation [chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ADAM LEVINE SENPAI ON THE LIVE STREAM

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I had chicken tikka masala for lunch

It was deliciously ethnic

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    tactile response is for scrubs
    j/k if u think otherwise u dum

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I think there's a market niche for a 7-inch minimal-bezel phablet with a bluetooth keyboard accessory

the problem is that the customers of this market pinch pennies like mad

aRkpc.gif
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    why a cylinder
    Because it's cool

Apple WWDC 2016: Introducing the iCone.

nibXTE7.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Games that require creativity and/or intelligence!? Not in my house!!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    This guy has two straightedge X tattoos on his calves. He's standing in line to buy fish & chips and his bro is taking an iPhone photo of his leg tattoos while he does.

*guzzles gin straight*
    *takes massive rips from a gravity bong*
    *finishes with an American spirit*

HEY DORKY WHITE GUY

DON'T BOP YOUR HEAD TO MUSIC

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I had chicken tikka masala for lunch

It was deliciously ethnic

9 out of 10 white people agree, chicken tikka masala is delicious ethnic food.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    feral

i'm not sure if you've decided not to do UVHM at all, but if you do decide to run it (keep in mind TVHM doesn't scale past 50, so you'll eventually just run out of xp in it), one thing i recommend is, if you have the torgue dlc, to earn enough tokens to buy a double penetrating unkempt harold

it is totally broken, and let me murder slag-immune badass constructors in seconds even as maya, and the things salvador can do with it are spoken of only in hushed whispers

putting the time in collecting torgue tokens for one (or two if you really goddamn want something dead) of these would go a long, long way to easing your way through UVHM

@elendil

This is good advice, thank you. I've been trying to farm a White Death from The Dust, but the fucker just don't drop for me. I was also farming the warrior a little, and none of the purples he dropped were better than the level 48-50 weapons I already had.

I also felt a bit like a shitheel last night when I was like "hey thanks for the awesome orange item, now I'm going to go solo*." I'm trying to keep that Siren's level aligned with my girlfriend so we can play together. I started leveling a commando, though, so hopefully I can get him up to a proper level to team up with your psycho.

* - time to go solo rollin in my five point oh with the rag top down so my hair can blow

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Feral wrote: »
    I agree with Feral somewhat in my own way. I love my s3 for personal use, I wish they'd give me back my blackberry for work. This 4S is garbage type on, and so would an s3. Hardware keyboard trumps software keyboard when you need to type quick emails that need to be typo free.

I haven't really looked into it in detail, but I would consider a bluetooth keyboard case for a phone.

If it worked well, wasn't too bulky, etc.

Don't compromise, Feral. If it's not mechanical and has a full numbers keypad, move on.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    you fat fingered fucks

poo
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    WHY IS OFFICE 2013 YELLING AT ME

CLIPPY'S REVENGE!

There are people out there who use the music app. They walk our streets.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    KSP is a good time waster.

Nothing like building a space station piece by piece, then storing fuel containers on it, and, doing interplanetary missions after a refuel in orbit.

Aw yiss. Space.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    It's Torontonians. Or, as they are known within Toronto, Lords and Masters of the Universe.

488W936.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Did they even show Spinal?
    If not they can go fuck themselves.
    Well they can go fuck themselves anyways

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    you fat fingered fucks

these fingers... so pussy-hungry...

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    nibXTE7.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I don't care that parts of it look like various android skins. It's the prettiest android skin of all.

G needs to make it easier to skin Android, too

oh god no

I should not need to root and engineer an elaborate framework-res.apk decompilation and recompilation in order to have % meters on my damned battery meter

stock android has numeric percentage on the battery meter

if yours doesn't, it's because your phone vendor skinned your phone

In principle, making it easier for the user to skin or unskin your phone would be a good answer. user control, and all that. but in reality what actually happens is the phone vendors will just make more god-awful skins, most users won't know how to change them, and the UI balkanization makes things harder for developers and support personnel

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

Now if someone were to make a multisolar system KSP that's multiplayer (local like minecraft, not MMO) and you can build functioning bases and need minerals with optional PvP, you will have my money.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I just had to watch an episode of Shart Tank for school.

School is the worst. This is a war crime.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I did not mean to type "shart" but totally leaving that there.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    feral

i'm not sure if you've decided not to do UVHM at all, but if you do decide to run it (keep in mind TVHM doesn't scale past 50, so you'll eventually just run out of xp in it), one thing i recommend is, if you have the torgue dlc, to earn enough tokens to buy a double penetrating unkempt harold

it is totally broken, and let me murder slag-immune badass constructors in seconds even as maya, and the things salvador can do with it are spoken of only in hushed whispers

putting the time in collecting torgue tokens for one (or two if you really goddamn want something dead) of these would go a long, long way to easing your way through UVHM

@elendil

This is good advice, thank you. I've been trying to farm a White Death from The Dust, but the fucker just don't drop for me. I was also farming the warrior a little, and none of the purples he dropped were better than the level 48-50 weapons I already had.

I also felt a bit like a shitheel last night when I was like "hey thanks for the awesome orange item, now I'm going to go solo*." I'm trying to keep that Siren's level aligned with my girlfriend so we can play together.
    ah

's cool

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Nothing like building a space station piece by piece, then storing fuel containers on it, and, doing interplanetary missions after a refuel in orbit.

Aw yiss. Space.

I find it's impossible to control the ships.

Activation lock: yes, goddammit.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Elki wrote: »
    I agree with Feral somewhat in my own way. I love my s3 for personal use, I wish they'd give me back my blackberry for work. This 4S is garbage type on, and so would an s3. Hardware keyboard trumps software keyboard when you need to type quick emails that need to be typo free.

I haven't really looked into it in detail, but I would consider a bluetooth keyboard case for a phone.

Don't compromise, Feral. If it's not mechanical and has a full numbers keypad, move on.

Only time I miss a keypad is when playing a Civ-like and moving units.

I hate clacky mechanical keyboards, which I suppose makes me a bad Ur-nerd.

I don't deserve this fedora.

Elki wrote: »

Only time I miss a keypad is when playing a Civ-like and moving units.

I hate clacky mechanical keyboards, which I suppose makes me a bad Ur-nerd.

I don't deserve this fedora.

Scissor switches for life.

nibXTE7.png
    Deebaser wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

Aw yiss. Space.

I find it's impossible to control the ships.

Slap on the ASAS and some RCS thrusters, you have to enable RCS with 'R' while in space.

Or is the problem you can't get into orbit yet?

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I don't care that parts of it look like various android skins. It's the prettiest android skin of all.

oh god no

I should not need to root and engineer an elaborate framework-res.apk decompilation and recompilation in order to have % meters on my damned battery meter

In principle, making it easier for the user to skin or unskin your phone would be a good answer. user control, and all that. but in reality what actually happens is the phone vendors will just make more god-awful skins, most users won't know how to change them, and the UI balkanization makes things harder for developers and support personnel

they... already make god-awful skins, and the UI balkanization already makes things harder for developers

the answer is to not fight the massive desire of companies to skin their devices, and instead regulate these skins so that they all have a somewhat consistent behaviour and can be swapped in and out

aRkpc.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    also if you can slag reliably, you can stretch out really good level 50 weapons for a fairly long time in UVHM

i didn't replace my shit until level 55. up to then, i just became gradually more reliant on slaggng targets.

Elendil on
    VMWare Converter a user's workstation to a virtual machine as a backup prior to reimaging = civilization

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    iOS Developer coming through. Installing iOS 7 today to lord over everyone.

Uninstalling it tomorrow because it crashed a thousand times and is missing features because it's beta-quality software on a phone

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    So? What is the problem? Are people going to get their panties up in a bunch again?

Keynote over, and I don't get what I want. iOS 7 is pretty, and control center is finally in it, but I need more.

I'll put the beta on my phone for a bit next week.

smCQ5WE.jpg

oh god no

they... already make god-awful skins, and the UI balkanization already makes things harder for developers

the answer is to not fight the massive desire of companies to skin their devices, and instead regulate these skins so that they all have a somewhat consistent behaviour and can be swapped in and out

My point is that, yes, they already make god-awful skins, vendors may find ways to lock users out of reskinning because they like to be dicks for no good reason, and users won't know how to reskin anyway

Instead, IMO, Google should go in the other direction and enforce more consistency on their licensees

@deebaser mechjeb is also great for learning the mechanics, the ascension guidance/autopilot is great for getting yourself into space without burning your fuel doing a vertical climb until orbit (the ascension guidance uses gravity turns)

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    lol girl gamers.
    :rotate:

Bless your heart.
    edited June 2013
    also if you can slag reliably, you can stretch out really good level 50 weapons for a fairly long time in UVHM

i didn't replace my shit until level 55. up to then, i just became gradually more reliant on slaggng targets.

Yeah. I use Rubi a lot. It does negligible damage on its own, but it slags reliability, and the health regen is significant (when paired with another gun).

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.