As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PS3 is for inflation fetishists

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think that might be the game's fault.

I like NV way better than ATI, though. Because I do a lot of OpenGL programming, and ATI sucks for that.

Defender on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    aaaand now it's crashed on me twice.
    at least after the first time I started saving every 2 minutes....

oh boy great game here...

jwalk on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wait are we talking about bioshock here?

Brolo on
  • VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have a PS3 but all I do is watch movies on it. I haven't really gotten into any of the games, yet.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    that's one heck of an expensive dvd play you got thar

#pipe on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    dvd is so last gen

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited August 2007
    good thing it's a blu-ray player too

yes I am talking about bioshock.. for the PC.

and now my computer goes into a loop of BSODs. Thank you Nvidia "nTune"... made the mistake of installing that again, when I knew it fucked up my system HARD last time... then I had to totally re-install Windows to get it to work again... Thank god this time I just had to reboot in safe mode and do a sysytem restore roll back.

woo I forgot how much FUN PC gaming is!

jwalk on
  • gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have onnne. My username is Gomjabbar. I mainly play NG:Sigma. It rad until i get stuck/angry.

gazamc on
    edited August 2007
    blaurgh Bioshock is still BSODing. i guess it could be heat related, the last time I checked the GPU temp it was 75. but I've never had any problems before. until I updated my nvidia drivers. dammit, why did I even do that?? might have to rollll it back.. fuck.

jwalk on
  • MusashiMusashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    I hope you get tentacle raped by that tentacle guy

That's a chick. Do you ever pay attention to anything? I mean, why bother watching the trailer if you're not even looking?

I watched the shaky cam video that was released before the direct feed one. it had a small resolution and terrible picture quality. I did not see any boobs anywhere

I still hate buying large single player games on steam. its not like Im saving any money. its like they save a bunch of money and pass the savings onto not me. lame

It was announced that the 4 bosses shown in that trailer are all supposed to be women.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/playstation-3/metal-gear-solid-4-theme--actresses-revealed-292564.php

Musashi on
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I totally have one of these, Network ID or whatever it's called is TxdoHawk. Hopefully Eye of Judgment gets a worldwide simultaneous release in October as planned, because right now my PS3 is helping me finish MGS3, and that's about it.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Folklore demo is out, booting up the PS3 to start downloading it right now...

Damn 1100 megabytes. This is gonna take a while...

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • MusashiMusashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Folklore demo is out, booting up the PS3 to start downloading it right now...

Damn 1100 megabytes. This is gonna take a while...

From what I have seen and played of Folklore so far I am very impressed with this game. From a technical stand point the graphics are unimpressive, but they have an amazing art team working on the game.

Right now, my only beef with the game is mainly GUI related.

Musashi on
    edited August 2007
    PlayStation have just issued the following announcement

“We have just received information that the next PS Store update, which will contain Warhawk, will be Thursday 30th August and not Tuesday 28th August as previously announced. As you know Thursday is the usual day for our PS Store refresh. We are sorry for any inconvenience that the extra 48 hours wait may cause.”

:cry:

jwalk on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm considering getting Warhawk, since the trailer looks pretty great, and the version with the headset is only £33, which isn't bad. On the other hand, my history of buying multiplayer focused games then forgetting them after about 2 weeks is pretty extensive.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also dudes I bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma new for £12, which is the best bargain ever.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
    edited August 2007
    The DL version is 40 dolores US. I don't know what it is in your Schillings or whatever but, for that price, how can you go wrong?

jwalk on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am another one who emptied half a bank account to get a PS3, but it is oh so worth it. Warhawk + Folklore + MGS4 + Blu-ray = win.

I'm RenegadeGuardian on PSN. Guardian452 was taken :(

And about the Warhawk thing... if the NA store isn't getting it till the 30th, can I get it from the UK store? I really don't want the headset...

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh man the Folklore demo is so much fun. I'v only played with Keats so far. I'v got to say the moving the controller around aspect is actually quite fun. If there was only dualshock so you could feel yourself smashing the soul on the ground...

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Folklore has some really great art, and the feeling of Irish lore is just awesome. The motion controls feel kinda needless and tacked-on, but then again it does free up a button, it doesn't need to be activated terribly quickly, and it is really easy to activate. It's the kind of thing that would be better on a button, but at the same time, it might be a waste to have a special button just for that.

Defender on
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, PS3...

...has anyone played around with slow-mo/fast-forward (1.5) buttons when watching videos?

Makes trailers sound hilarious.

Really liking the console's media capablities otherwise too, beats 360 easily on that area at least.

DarkCrawler on
  • ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    so how about that resistance: fall of man?
    sure is a great game

Zoolander on
    edited August 2007
    So, PS3...

...has anyone played around with slow-mo/fast-forward (1.5) buttons when watching videos?

Makes trailers sound hilarious.

Really liking the console's media capablities otherwise too, beats 360 easily on that area at least.

Oh, that's...cool...I guess kinda seems useless unless you want to slow-mo an action film that isn't already slow-mo'd for you. Or I guess something off of just any video you might have downloaded. So does it make the sound go lower/higher as well, or does it maintain pitch?

Defender on
    edited August 2007
    1.5x forward keeps the audio (speeds it up).

jwalk on
    edited August 2007
    Super Stardust is so much fun with two players. Now if I only had a friend who was as good/better at it than me...

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So how well does a mouse and keyboard work with the PS3?

Filler Inc. on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    guys i have a ps3

i'm just bsjezz there too

there seems to be a problem with my friends list though - i requested #pipe and orikae be added ages ago and it still says pending, even though hashpipe briefly seemed added as it showed his (eightball) avatar and said he was playing the heavenly sword demo. oh well.

maybe this will be fixed when i get a good net connection in the next week or two. i crumpled my current connection downloading the folklore demo. it's tops

(also has anyone got calling all cars? really disappointed. i mean, four levels, but four shit levels? one of them doesn't even have a jail! and only three weapons? the design just seems a bit thoughtless. i mean, if you hit the boost going up a ramp, you'll actually go too fast and hit the wall above the jail and drop the the floor, instead of scoring in an epic leap. what game punishes you for boosting up ramps? it's a natural racing game manoeuvre, satisfying in a way that only phat air can be. i don't know if i want any part in a game that punishes it.)

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I can't add you jezz cause it says we're already friends, even though you don't appear in my list!

Also Heavenly Sword is sooo good.

I'm off to download folklore.

#pipe on
    edited August 2007
    That shit happens to me all the time (the friends list thing). I guess it's a bug.

I have Calling All Cars, I thought the same thing, but then it was only $8 or whatever.
    Try some online, it's kinda fun... for a few minutes anyway.

I also have Super Stardust (great, haven't tried it with 2 players though) and Flow (good, and fun with 2 players). Beside that I've bought a few PS1 games from the store and that's about it.

VF5 is supposed to be great if you like those kung-fu button mashers,... I'm not a big fan.

jwalk on
  • GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fags.

Graves on
    edited August 2007
    I thought the Folklore demo was pretty boring, I shut it off after a couple minutes. It was all "here's some guys I hit with my sword then collect their soul.... and now here's some more guys I hit with my sword and collect their soul... and then I found some more guys that I.... yep, hit with my sword and collect their soul.. Does it get any better?

jwalk on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Musashi wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    I hope you get tentacle raped by that tentacle guy

That's a chick. Do you ever pay attention to anything? I mean, why bother watching the trailer if you're not even looking?

I watched the shaky cam video that was released before the direct feed one. it had a small resolution and terrible picture quality. I did not see any boobs anywhere

I still hate buying large single player games on steam. its not like Im saving any money. its like they save a bunch of money and pass the savings onto not me. lame

It was announced that the 4 bosses shown in that trailer are all supposed to be women.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/playstation-3/metal-gear-solid-4-theme--actresses-revealed-292564.php

press releases are boring and I dont read them

also my interest with MGS4 goes as far as to watch a video every now and then

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited August 2007
    jwalk wrote: »
    I thought the Folklore demo was pretty boring, I shut it off after a couple minutes. It was all "here's some guys I hit with my sword then collect their soul.... and now here's some more guys I hit with my sword and collect their soul... and then I found some more guys that I.... yep, hit with my sword and collect their soul.. Does it get any better?

Yah eventually you find some characters that you have to "wrestle" their soul to capture it. This involves moving the controller side to side to slam the soul to the ground. I still have yet to play the girl's level.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    edited August 2007
    oh boy, Folklore will totally be waiting for me to play it when I get home from work in a bit.

When does GTA IV come out? I'm too lazy to look for myself.

#pipe on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hmmm what's going on in here?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited August 2007
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    highjack-this-fags.jpg

ZeroFill on
    edited August 2007
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    highjack-this-fags.jpg

Obviously. Anyway I'm still waiting for that one title to put more over the edge.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2007
    I played the Ratchet & Clank Future demo at PAX. It's fun. It's Ratchet & Clank but prettier. Although not a lot prettier. I don't really like the way Ratchet looks

Garlic Bread on
This discussion has been closed.