As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Real [E3] Thread (Check OP For Streams)

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Oh damn you have to pay for online? Oh well, so far the only 2 games that excite me that are exclusives are single player games and it's less than 5 a month where as xbox live gold is around 9 US a month isn't it?

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    My only complaints are Plus possibly (almost definitely) being PS4's MP pass and no damn Vita games because I fucking love my Vita and it's my favorite game system.

But, shit, they can announce Vita games anytime, I guess. Announcing all that PS4 stuff needed to happen now.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Not happy about PS+ being essentially a Gold account now, except much cheaper.

Right now, the PS4 appears to be using P2P stuff while XBLG will have dedicated servers. Really, whichever poison is better depends on how much you care about dedicated servers and whether you care for the free games on PS+. I've heard they have decent enough free games.

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT.

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • tejinitejini Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU Needed this, goddamn Sony.

steam.php?id=tejini&pngimg=TVsrh&tborder=0

3ds Friend Code: 1375-7311-7639
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Rakai wrote: »
    Is there only 1 sku?

Yeah, this is my question as well. How much storage will it have?

Sony might well quietly announce a $499 version later.

steam_sig.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Games-wise I thought the show was a bit weak for new announcements, but we were only going to see just so much in the lead-up to the console's release anyway

They Saturn'd the living shit out of the Xbox One, and I didn't think that was going to be happening again

Overall I think that was the best and most effective Sony conference I've ever seen. Just an absolute nut-kick parade in that last fifteen minutes

dN0T6ur.png
  • evilive72evilive72 TexasRegistered User regular
    That really and truly was exactly what people have been saying that they should do for weeks. Go out and let people know that Microsoft is giving them the finger and sell them some damn fine games.

Nintendo Network ID: Strummer72
    XBL Gamertag: evilive7
    Playstation ID: evilive7
    3DS: 4699-7349-0534
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So, what're the PS4 launch titles gonna be?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    I personally am HUGELY relieved, many of Microsoft's initial intentions were so big brotherish as to worry a dedicated pc fan. I suspect the quiet at Sony after much of Microsoft's initial reveals may have included them changing plans to set up for this truly EPIC destruction.

steam_sig.png
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Well played Sony. You may have just sold me a PS4. I have to figure out how I'm gonna pay for 2 consoles now, but dammit if they didn't make one hell of a compelling argument.

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    The only thing left for me is to hold the controller and see if Sony finally made something usable.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fuck me, how can Microsoft even try to spin this?

I really wonder if we will have some sort of response over the next few months. I wasn't really blown away by anything Sony did except for the price point and no check-ins, but $100 is a huge gap. As someone who actually likes Kinect and all of the TV/media junk at this point I am still going XOne, but certainly not leaning as hard as I was before and who knows what else will change before November.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Vinter wrote: »
    My only concern now is the game price, going by Amazon it looks to be $100 per game.

Saw a reasonable comment about that - they can't raise a pre-sale price, but they can always lower it and refund the money, so I suspect it's being priced high enough that they know they can walk it back. There's some XBox One games listed at $100 as well (e.g. Thief 4)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    Rakai wrote: »
    Is there only 1 sku?

Yeah, this is my question as well. How much storage will it have?

Sony might well quietly announce a $499 version later.

$499 version with Eyetoy4, I bet.

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    This was everything I asked for. Except for the fucking paywall for multiplayer. Damn it.
    But still. Given how sceptical everyone was of Sony not having drm, they fucking delivered. Both those announcements were so sweet. And Jack Tretton was really savouring it.

• BTPBTP Registered User regular
    I'm going to link to this hoping someone with the skills to create an awesome GIF sees this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BraXq07kkM

6:20 - 7:20. Turn the spinning Tony award into "$399! No DRM!" on either one or both sides. Have the crowd chanting "SONY! SONY!"

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    What a complete 180 from 2006. Who knew? Sony can learn from their mistakes.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    I don't have to talk about DRM anymore. Fuck what a horrible two months this has been.

Now it's all over. Microsoft can kiss my ass.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Only thing is... can I use a comfy controller? If not.... idk. I hate the dual shock with a passion. So no 24 check in and $100, or not getting carpal tunnel and halo.

Hard decision.

No I don't.
  • SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    PS4: Pre-ordered.

Eat it, Microsoft.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I'd be seriously considering a PS4 if they had awesome Star Trek voice command shit and I could stand to use a dual shock for more than half an hour at a time

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I just used my WiiU to preorder a ps4 on amazon :)

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Can anyone cite where it was confirmed that multiplayer is PS+ only?

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Will Smith (of tested.com) said this on twitter, and I completely agree. It seems problematic

Foolish Chaos on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Paywall? For the price of one game you get access to a ton of games through + and a years worth of multiplayer.

Sorry if I'm being a bit off but it's a pretty fantastic deal regardless.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Only thing is... can I use a comfy controller? If not.... idk. I hate the dual shock with a passion. So no 24 check in and $100, or not getting carpal tunnel and halo.

Hard decision.

I'm sure there will always be MadCatz.

I dunno, I've never minded the dual shock layout. The 360's D-pad can go die in a fire. I'd rather use a numpad.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I don't have to talk about DRM anymore. Fuck what a horrible two months this has been.

Now it's all over. Microsoft can kiss my ass.

I'm with you there dude. I feel so relieved.

• The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    It is amazing that a controller as bad as the Dual Shock has managed to survive all these years.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I don't care if the controller is a bright pink dragon dildo, Sony still destroyed today.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Oh man, I wish I could see Microsoft's boardroom after this.
    The guy from Entourage is in there losing his shit at them.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that the $100 prices for next-gen games on Amazon are just placeholders.

• mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    This was a slam dunk by Sony but Microsoft essentially put a trampoline under the hoop for them.

steam_sig.png
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

Hard decision.

I would expect them to allow third party peripherals for that kind of stuff.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    man i dont think sony could have done better than that.

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Wow, Sony just drove a fucking stake into Microsoft's heart.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    There is literally no reason to get an Xbone now.
    It is akin to lopping off your own finger.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular

Hard decision.

you can use a vita
    as a nice paperweight
    aww why do i say things that make me hurt on the inside

mrsatansig.png
This discussion has been closed.