As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Real [E3] Thread (Check OP For Streams)

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I will say, all of the keynotes were good this year. All about games!

No I don't.
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    It gives you two a month until the release of the Xbox One.

Darn, you're correct.

They can't get anything right, can they.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Someone needs to cut the PS4/Xbone press conferences together to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9CvDPXYNI&feature=player_embedded

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Arkyris wrote: »
    Do you get a digital copy with physical purchases like the Xbox, or is separate like today?

Separate like today.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    You get a fuckton of FREE GAMES with PSN+
    You'd have to be the silliest of all geese to be a gamer, own a PS4 and NOT sign up for PSN+.
    It doesn't make ANY difference that mp is behind a pay wall!!!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    There is literally no reason to get an Xbone now.
    It is akin to lopping off your own finger.

The only reason to get one now is the exclusives features it offers, and exclusive games it has (what few their are)

So if you don't give a shit about Halo, get a PS4.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    so I heard MS got served at the. Sony cconference.

Is this true?

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    evilive72 wrote: »
    I would be incredibly surprised if MS doesn't announce $299 plus two year contract for Live tomorrow.

Edit: Maybe $350

Edit twice: Jesus I can't type

If this doesnt drive MS into full blown, holy shit panic mode, then they are completely brain dead. The issue though isnt just price. That cheer for the no DRM portion of the Press Conference was genuine. I really think MS though they could just roll this out there and people would take it like a champ. Well, they arent going to. They now not only have an option, they have a CHEAPER option.

If you honestly think the big name publishers aren't going to have authentication (like Sony's already said they're allowing them) you're out of your mind. There's no way Microsoft would go forward being the only one that this applies to.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So who bets the delayed show was so they could finish their slideshow?

• BastableBastable Registered User regular
    I would be incredibly surprised if MS doesn't announce $299 plus two year contract for Live tomorrow.

If this doesnt drive MS into full blown, holy shit panic mode, then they are completely brain dead. The issue though isnt just price. That cheer for the no DRM portion of the Press Conference was genuine. I really think MS though they could just roll this out there and people would take it like a champ. Well, they arent going to. They now not only have an option, they have a CHEAPER option.

If you honestly think the big name publishers aren't going to have authentication (like Sony's already said they're allowing them) you're out of your mind. There's no way Microsoft would go forward being the only one that this applies to.

Still banging the schrodinger's DRM drum I see.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

The only reason to get one now is the exclusives features it offers, and exclusive games it has (what few their are)

TitanFall, that one game where time is all fucked up, and something else I'm forgetting about look interesting.

Personally, there should be enough third party games to make the first party games icing on the cake for both platforms.

• BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Ladies and gentlemen, it has been an honor to witness history in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu-xFvLaE68

jack-tretton-ps4-prices.jpg

• evilive72evilive72 TexasRegistered User regular

We will check in on this in a few months. And if you think MS wouldnt make this crap up on their own, then you are just as delusional as I must be.

Nintendo Network ID: Strummer72
    XBL Gamertag: evilive7
    Playstation ID: evilive7
    3DS: 4699-7349-0534
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

TitanFall, that one game where time is all fucked up, and something else I'm forgetting about look interesting.

Personally, there should be enough third party games to make the first party games icing on the cake for both platforms.

Titanfall is also coming to 360 and PC.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    so I heard MS got served at the. Sony cconference.

Is this true?

@Dragkonias Tagging you because of the speed of this topic

As a guy who doesn't give a shit about this sort of thing usually

There hasn't been a serving this bad since "$299" back in like '95

This was intense

dN0T6ur.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

Titanfall is PC as well though they couldn't get exclusivity on that one.

Granted if people don't have a strong PC they may spring for the Xbone for that game it looks fun and I'll be looking forward to it on the PC. Third party games don't go exclusive too often though, and if you look at the past three years you can see the Xbox doesn't really do well in the exclusives department.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png

And that still doesnt fix the myriad of problems that MS faces now that are no longer just "presentation" issues.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Man after a few years of E3s full of dancing games and social media and move controls getting to watch an old fashioned smackdown was glorious.

I really dislike a lot of the parts of our hobby and the people who follow it but the amount of passion and unity tonight even just over an electronic product was really neat.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Plus apparently PS+ gives you multiplayer and free games.

So does Gold now, though. 2 games a month.

Sony still won, though.

That's like saying Microsoft supports used games as well.

PS+ has XCOM, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, LBP Karting, Deus Ex: HR, The Cave, Vanquish, Uncharted GA (Vita), Gravity Rush (Vita), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) and nine other PS3/Vita titles.

XBL has two games from five years ago.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Bastable wrote: »

Still banging the schrodinger's DRM drum I see.

A river in Egypt it seems.

• Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    yeah looks like multiplayer is locked behind PS+ on the PS4 :(

Anyone who didn't see this coming was being naively hopeful. Out of all the things that Sony could have "Me too"d MS on and get away with it, this was it.

I saw this one coming a mile away. I'm honestly surprised they didn't force it on the PS3 much sooner.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I know this thread is getting locked soon, but this thread (or the next) should really have "Schadenfreude" in the title.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Alright.. I'd like to see what Microsoft's response will be to Sony's bombshells. But I just might drop XBL and get a PS4. Or Upgrade my computer, none of PS4's exclusives really stood out to me.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I expected Sony to makke plus mandatory for online so it isn't thatt big a deal to me.

Especially if it means better servers.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular

And that still doesnt fix the myriad of problems that MS faces now that are no longer just "presentation" issues.
    [/quote]

Authentication in and of itself is not the problem (per se; for people with internet issues it certainly is). The issue has been the complete lack of ownership of physical disc-based games. The one-time trade and utter disappearance of the private-seller market on the XB1 is a huge issue for many people, especially those people who aren't first run gamers. Some system checks to combat piracy (or w/e the hell they give the reason as) is to be expected.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Ms has to respond somehow. I imagine some very well paid people are getting screamed at right now to figure out said response post haste.

• Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Now to wait and see the exact games we will be seeing at launch. Been saving some money, and this fall I'm either buying a new video card or going the extra-mile and getting a console. Which will probably be the PS4 simply for the price difference

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    That's like saying Microsoft supports used games as well.

PS+ has XCOM, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, LBP Karting, Deus Ex: HR, The Cave, Vanquish, Uncharted GA (Vita), Gravity Rush (Vita), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) and nine other PS3/Vita titles.

XBL has two games from five years ago.

Well, a couple things. First, those games aren't exactly that much newer. X-com is the most impressive imo. That and PS+ is a glorified rental (in terms of games).

So...um, yeah.

That being said, I was wrong on the most important part, which is really where you should've went at me about. The free games for gold aren't indefinite as was shown to me. It ends when XBone comes out. Which means PS+ wins.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Oh, right, Dead Rising 3 is an exclusive that is looking real interesting on the Xbox One. The others didn't really grab me in any way.

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

The first one that does will get round 2 of consumer rage. Who would dare adopt that policy after hearing those cheers when Sony announced no in-built DRM.

We'll go back to online passes and day one DLC and everyone will be content.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »

The first one that does will get round 2 of consumer rage. Who would dare adopt that policy after hearing those cheers when Sony announced no in-built DRM.

People who like money

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I just pre-ordered a console for the first time since the Sega Dreamcast.

And its a SONY console.

Who the hell am I.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Ms has to respond somehow. I imagine some very well paid people are getting screamed at right now to figure out said response post haste.

Seriously, How the HELL is Microsoft going to dig their way out of this one.

steam_sig.png
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

Titanfall is also coming to 360 and PC.

I'm sure that someone from Respawn said that eventually they'll bring it to PS4 also.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Oh, right, Dead Rising 3 is an exclusive that is looking real interesting on the Xbox One. The others didn't really grab me in any way.

God damnit! I knew it wasn't just Halo and good controllers! Fuck!

No I don't.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

People who like money

Nintendo has something like four or five licenses to print money between their franchises, and that's without DRM.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular

People who like money

You're awfully cynical Salvation. There is the rumor that MS is the one who pushed for the DRM, if that's true, there's no given that publishers will force this on Sony.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I will say, all of the keynotes were good this year. All about games!

Did anyone else notice the complete lack of motion controls outside of a handful of examples this year?

As someone who personally hates them, this was a fantastic sign for the future. I am ironically disappointed that nobody had a total disaster this year really.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Bubby wrote: »
    Someone needs to cut the PS4/Xbone press conferences together to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9CvDPXYNI&amp;feature=player_embedded

Naw, just have Trenton announcing the DRM, and the price announcement interspersed with
    Tywin scribbling furiously.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
This discussion has been closed.