As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX: The After Hours

BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
I made a suggestion to Switchstance. I suggested that we get drunk and start a brawl somewhere, to which he wholeheartedly agreed... This got me thinking. A large concentration of like-minded people, a whole weekend full of opportunities for zany shenanigans and wacky hijinx... You know what that means? PARTY TIME, BABY. I say all us kids get together one of the nights of the convention and galavant about the town, have a few drinks, and perhaps partake in some drunken time travel.

THIS WILL BE A NIGHT OF NIGHTS

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
Borfase on

• SarahStilettoSarahStiletto Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    I made a suggestion to Switchstance. I suggested that we get drunk and start a brawl somewhere, to which he wholeheartedly agreed... This got me thinking. A large concentration of like-minded people, a whole weekend full of opportunities for zany shenanigans and wacky hijinx... You know what that means? PARTY TIME, BABY. I say all us kids get together one of the nights of the convention and galavant about the town, have a few drinks, and perhaps partake in some drunken time travel.

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

In bellevue? mmmm partying with yuppies.

SarahStiletto on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2004
    Yuppies know how to rock out!

Borfase on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2004
    That might require a trip into Seattle, as from all of my sources (1) Bellevue and surround suburban area shuts down around 10PM...

Unknown User on
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2004
    Hamled wrote:
    That might require a trip into Seattle, as from all of my sources (1) Bellevue and surround suburban area shuts down around 10PM...
    Oh good lord. Just think of a gang of drunken PAers in the streets of Seattle screaming "LOOK OUT! HERE COMES FRUIT FUCKER PRIME!" in unison...

...or said gang entirely taking over bars and clubs...

Red Machine D on
  • sage_ich_nichtsage_ich_nicht Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Hamled wrote:
    Oh good lord. Just think of a gang of drunken PAers in the streets of Seattle screaming "LOOK OUT! HERE COMES FRUIT FUCKER PRIME!" in unison...

This would be... Well. You know those four guys? Yeah, those. The four apocalyptic Riders. You know. Famine, Pestilence, War and Death. They would scream and ride away(Or join us.). :lol:

sage_ich_nicht on
    "Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
    Children already know that monsters exist.
    Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    Hamled wrote:

This would be... Well. You know those four guys? Yeah, those. The four apocalyptic Riders. You know. Famine, Pestilence, War and Death. They would scream and ride away(Or join us.). :lol:
    That would be fucking k-rad.

Red Machine D on
  • ShiosaiShiosai Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2004
    I believe downtown bellevue has quite a few bars and restaurants that are open late on the weekends. I'm thinking downtown Seattle has more young people though.

Shiosai on
    60353019xm5.jpg
    edited April 2004
    Shiosai wrote:
    I believe downtown bellevue has quite a few bars and restaurants that are open late on the weekends. I'm thinking downtown Seattle has more young people though.
    fsck it, less bars/ppl/whatever-->More easy to take over. Which means we will start our world domination in bellevue, and then we will go and take over Seattle, then the USA, and then... THE WORLD! :shock::twisted:

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    Shiosai wrote:
    fsck it, less bars/ppl/whatever-->More easy to take over. Which means we will start our world domination in bellevue, and then we will go and take over Seattle, then the USA, and then... THE WORLD! :shock::twisted:

I like the way you think. You're hired!

Shiosai on
    60353019xm5.jpg
    edited April 2004
    Shiosai wrote:
    Shiosai wrote:

I like the way you think. You're hired!
    Deal! :lol:
    But wait, damn, it just came to my mind that it doesn't looks like i'll get the money for the tickets(stpd airlines...:x) and that you have that superb laws for alcohol which would kind of make this plan harder to execute. Drinking only with 21+...:x Here you can drink everything under, i think it was 10 vol%, when you're 16 and everything you want with 18(To all people in the US who are younger than 21 and read this: I know you hate me now.:twisted::P). We have to fix this somehow. :|

P.S.:
    btw. now that i think of it... stpd IBM. Didn't hire me. Hate 'em. :x

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • SlartiSlarti Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Shiosai wrote:

Don't do it Shio! Alcohol is the devil!

Slarti on
    edited April 2004
    Slarti wrote:
    Shiosai wrote:

This coming from someone whose country is reputed for having the best beer in the world. If drinking alcohol is wrong, I don't want to be right!

But sage_ich_nicht has a point. The U.S. and especially the State of Washington where this little shindig is being planned have some pretty strict laws. The state owns all the liquor stores and they close around 9 pm. Grocery stores and bars stop selling alcoholic beverages from 2 am to 6 am.

I don't think this will affect our plans for world domination too much though.

Shiosai on
    60353019xm5.jpg
    edited April 2004
    Shiosai wrote:
    Slarti wrote:
    Shiosai wrote:

This coming from someone whose country is reputed for having the best beer in the world. If drinking alcohol is wrong, I don't want to be right!

But sage_ich_nicht has a point. The U.S. and especially the State of Washington where this little shindig is being planned have some pretty strict laws. The state owns all the liquor stores and they close around 9 pm. Grocery stores and bars stop selling alcoholic beverages from 2 am to 6 am.

I don't think this will affect our plans for world domination too much though.
    1. Call me sin. This shortcut is easier to use(and it kinda owns. Just DON'T write the s in captial or i'll go nuts...). :mrgreen:
    2. It in fact affects our plans. It's much harder to find voluntiers if they aren't drunk. :lol: And beer rises the groupmoral, too. So we NEED beer! :wink:
    3. Acctualy HIS contry isn't reputed for the best beer in the world. what you mean is bavaria which can't realy be considered as a part of germany. And acctualy everything from bavaria exept beer(and maybe BMW. But only MAYBE.) is evil. :lol:

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    3. Acctualy HIS contry isn't reputed for the best beer in the world. what you mean is bavaria which can't realy be considered as a part of germany. And acctualy everything from bavaria exept beer(and maybe BMW. But only MAYBE.) is evil. :lol:

Don't even start... Or I'll talk about soccer.

And the best german beer is not made in bavaria.

Slarti on
    edited April 2004
    Slarti wrote:

Don't even start... Or I'll talk about soccer.

And the best german beer is not made in bavaria.
    1. Then i'll talk about some legendary game. 3:2, wasn't it? :lol: (This will pwn you for eternity...:P)
    2. Indeed. But if you take the averge number of good beers and bad beers in germany you'll end up with more good beers from bavaria. :roll:
    3. To stop this befor it starts: Let's NOT start a G vs A flamewar in a ENGLISH board. this would be REALY dumb. :?:wink:

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    True that! I even managed to avoid the dutch guy round these parts :wink:

Slarti on
    edited April 2004
    *g*

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • switchstanceswitchstance Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Counting the quote you used 6 emotes in your post. You therefore forfeit any right to rock out with me and Borfase, unless you prove your worth by stealing many bottles of hard liquor.

switchstance on
    test1.jpg
    edited April 2004
    The Canadian ninja has spoken.

Borfase on
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    Canada doesn't have ninjas! They only have hockey players in ninja suits!

Red Machine D on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2004
    Bellevue nightlife is okay, but if you head four miles north to downtown Kirkland there's a lot more young people. You've really got to be over 21 to enjoy the night life around here.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    Counting the quote you used 6 emotes in your post. You therefore forfeit any right to rock out with me and Borfase, unless you prove your worth by stealing many bottles of hard liquor.
    Profing myself by i.E. ...using my Passport to get Tax-Free so the liquor is cheaper then ever? Taking cheap absinth from Czechia with me for free? Awww, no. You shure don't want any of the above, so i'll just have to steal liquor.=P

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    Taking cheap absinth from Czechia with me for free? Awww, no.
    AWWW FUCKING YES YOU MEAN. Absinth would be a grand mistake, but it would just enhance the insanity.

Red Machine D on
    edited April 2004
    For relaxing times, DRINK SOME FUCKING ABSINTHE.

Borfase on
  • ssdevmanssdevman Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Under 21 guy here, so drinking is out of the question. But a huge kick ass party with a bunch of PA'ers would be awesome. Maybe we could find a place that's not directly alcohol related (meaning a bar, or over 21 clubs) and then if the people who are old enough want alcohol they can pick some up?

ssdevman on
    edited April 2004
    ssdevman wrote:
    Under 21 guy here, so drinking is out of the question.
    YOU my friend, are a shame for all mankind!

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • FenloreFenlore Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    Canada doesn't have ninjas! They only have hockey players in ninja suits!

And don't you forget it.

Fenlore on
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    That's the plan. We'll all drink absinthe, get wacked out of our fucking minds, and then go jump in the pool.

Red Machine D on
  • ssdevmanssdevman Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    ssdevman wrote:

I only meant for me. You guys can do whatever the funk it is you wanna do.

Although I do agree that it is a shame I'm not old enough to legally drink yet, though I doubt I'll do it much anyways once I am old enough.

ssdevman on
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    That's the plan. We'll all drink absinthe, get wacked out of our fucking minds, and then go jump in the pool.
    You forgot the part where we kidnap Illiad and beat the shit out of him with some cardboard tubes. :lol:

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • SpotlessMindSpotlessMind Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    ssdevman wrote:
    Under 21 guy here, so drinking is out of the question. But a huge kick ass party with a bunch of PA'ers would be awesome. Maybe we could find a place that's not directly alcohol related (meaning a bar, or over 21 clubs) and then if the people who are old enough want alcohol they can pick some up?

Sounds like a good plan to me. Drinking is pointless anyways.

SpotlessMind on
  • poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Hamled wrote:

For someone who just joined you sure do not suck.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
    edited April 2004
    ssdevman wrote:

YOU'RE NOT INVITED TO THE PARTY.

Borfase on
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    ssdevman wrote:

YOU'RE NOT INVITED TO THE PARTY.
    We should go and put beer into him. intravenous.

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • switchstanceswitchstance Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    ssdevman wrote:
    ssdevman wrote:

I only meant for me. You guys can do whatever the funk it is you wanna do.

Although I do agree that it is a shame I'm not old enough to legally drink yet, though I doubt I'll do it much anyways once I am old enough.

Funk you.

switchstance on
    test1.jpg
  • SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

I'm in!

Edit: I dunno if I should start a new thread for this or what, but I'll try it her first all PA'ers who are 21 or over post if your down to party. The kids can come to if we can find a place that serves booz but is all ages. Otherwise sorry guys but sucks to be you.

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

I'm in!

Edit: I dunno if I should start a new thread for this or what, but I'll try it her first all PA'ers who are 21 or over post if your down to party. The kids can come to if we can find a place that serves booz but is all ages. Otherwise sorry guys but sucks to be you.
    Acctualy it must suck to be you. In the way of "I am a sooo frightened of the cops, woooh, I might pee my pants if they find out that some sixteen year old minors where drinking alcohol with me which we bought at a gas-station and drunk in some place outside they city where nobody ever watches... And I don't even think of the others, I just say that it is that way and don't care what the others think & I don't bother with reading the whole thread and just post shit"-sucking.

NO FSCKING ABSINTHE FROM CZECHIA FOR YOU! :x

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    I'd say let's booze it up in the hotel rooms, but that would sully the good name of Penny-Arcade.

Borfase on
    edited April 2004
    Penny Arcade has a good name? Since when? :lol: It is know as fscking best comic in the web everywhere, yeah, true. But since when it has a good name? :lol:

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • feelmeupfeelmeup Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    you guys can kiss my ass if you think you are partying my hotel room. anybody who interupts me from getting killed 10 million times at ninja gaiden will pay. but if you wanna bring me some beer then thats cool.

feelmeup on
    Add me to XBL. Gamertag junkboxprime.