As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Real [E3] Thread (Check OP For Streams)

• Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    stopgap wrote: »
    Ms has to respond somehow. I imagine some very well paid people are getting screamed at right now to figure out said response post haste.

Seriously, How the HELL is Microsoft going to dig their way out of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PR_rzF8ofw

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Oh, right, Dead Rising 3 is an exclusive that is looking real interesting on the Xbox One. The others didn't really grab me in any way.

God damnit! I knew it wasn't just Halo and good controllers! Fuck!

Dead Rising looked interesting until he, a lowly mechanic, called in a random air strike on a zombie horde....

Pretty much instantly unsold me on that right quick.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    I was kinda hoping that we would see a quick tease of the griffin from The Last Guardian along with Holiday 2013 flash up there at the end.

Maybe at TGS.

• evilive72evilive72 TexasRegistered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    evilive72 wrote: »
    I would be incredibly surprised if MS doesn't announce $299 plus two year contract for Live tomorrow.

Edit: Maybe $350

Edit twice: Jesus I can't type

If this doesnt drive MS into full blown, holy shit panic mode, then they are completely brain dead. The issue though isnt just price. That cheer for the no DRM portion of the Press Conference was genuine. I really think MS though they could just roll this out there and people would take it like a champ. Well, they arent going to. They now not only have an option, they have a CHEAPER option.

If you honestly think the big name publishers aren't going to have authentication (like Sony's already said they're allowing them) you're out of your mind. There's no way Microsoft would go forward being the only one that this applies to.

The first one that does will get round 2 of consumer rage. Who would dare adopt that policy after hearing those cheers when Sony announced no in-built DRM.

People who like money

It must be lonely on that ledge.

Nintendo Network ID: Strummer72
    XBL Gamertag: evilive7
    Playstation ID: evilive7
    3DS: 4699-7349-0534
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    The saddest part about all of this is the fact that the PS4's piracy rate probably will be WAY higher than the Xbox One's...but it sure seems like they'll make up the difference in sales so far.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So uh, what the hell is Nintendo going to do to even get our attention tomorrow?

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Smash Bros.

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    My kingdom for a decent controller on PS3/4 modelled after the 360 layout.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    New Zelda and new SSB seems to be the word on the street

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • ArkyrisArkyris Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Arkyris wrote: »
    Do you get a digital copy with physical purchases like the Xbox, or is separate like today?

Separate like today.

Thanks. I assume that means you'll need the disc in the drive as well, to authenticate.

Guess it's the Xbox One for me. Would rather they drop used games and have no DRM. But one begets the other and people still care about used games. Not putting up with the separation of physical and digital again though. Might pick up the PS4 in the future if they get enough exclusives.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    So uh, what the hell is Nintendo going to do to even get our attention tomorrow?

Smash Bros.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular

You mean, like, the card company?

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

The same thing they do every night, Pinky, dance Mario and Zelda around until the sun burns out.

No I don't.
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    This might be the greatest E3 I've ever had the privilege of watching in my 35 years on this planet. I LITERALLY fell out of my chair at the "399.99, GOOD NIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN" moment.

Make it 199.99 and let me buy it WITH the PS4 for a scant 100 bones over the XBox One.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'm still laughing at $399.99.

488W936.png
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    I couldn't watch the presentation. Whenever there is a Youtube of the crowd chanting after "No DRM" and also when the price is announced, please link it (or even PM me). I'd love to see the crowd reactions to this as it happened.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
    Anyone have a video of the 399.99 moment? I had to break away for a shower and missed that bit.

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular

The same thing they do every night, Pinky, dance Mario and Zelda around until the sun burns out.

And maybe Metroid. /self_deprecation

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    That's like saying Microsoft supports used games as well.

PS+ has XCOM, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, LBP Karting, Deus Ex: HR, The Cave, Vanquish, Uncharted GA (Vita), Gravity Rush (Vita), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) and nine other PS3/Vita titles.

XBL has two games from five years ago.

Well, a couple things. First, those games aren't exactly that much newer. X-com is the most impressive imo. That and PS+ is a glorified rental (in terms of games).

So...um, yeah.

The oldest game on there is DE:HR which came out in summer of 2011. That is a far cry from Fall 200-Freakin-7.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    Anyone have a video of the 399.99 moment? I had to break away for a shower and missed that bit.

Oh you poor, poor soul.

4hNKbHH.png
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    BTP wrote: »
    I couldn't watch the presentation. Whenever there is a Youtube of the crowd chanting after "No DRM" and also when the price is announced, please link it (or even PM me). I'd love to see the crowd reactions to this as it happened.

me as well I have to go to bed NOW or my newborn will make sure my long day tommorow is a BAAAD day.

steam_sig.png
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Guys, this is my first E3 that I haven't found to be a letdown.

This is special.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    You get a fuckton of FREE GAMES with PSN+
    You'd have to be the silliest of all geese to be a gamer, own a PS4 and NOT sign up for PSN+.
    It doesn't make ANY difference that mp is behind a pay wall!!!

It makes a lot of sense. Sony is a corporation built upon profits like any other. This is a great way to get a guaranteed revenue stream on top of hardware/software sales.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »

Make it 199.99 and let me buy it WITH the PS4 for a scant 100 bones over the XBox One.

100 bones cost about $28.3 billion.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited June 2013

Oh you poor, poor soul.

Yeah, I know. But if I lose this job I can't afford any new stuff, so...

The MS keynote is up on YouTube, is the Sony one?

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4zJe_QU6cI&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

KiTA on
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    This right here is a day I will remember for a long, long time.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular

A price drop/Mario Universe/Retro's game combo isn't too shabby, but yeah they're pretty much guaranteed to be playing second fiddle, unfortunately.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular

zelda, mario. the usual.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpik9liPE8U

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    We still don't know what will be in the boxes when both systems are launched. The PS4 could just be the system, one controller and a 250GB harddrive.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    We still don't know what will be in the boxes when both systems are launched. The PS4 could just be the system, one controller and a 250GB harddrive.

What else would you expect? It'll probably be a larger HDD, though.

4hNKbHH.png
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    How much you wanna bet MS does a 50-100 dollar off for old owners?

It comes with the Eye

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »

A price drop/Mario Universe/Retro's game combo isn't too shabby, but yeah they're pretty much guaranteed to be playing second fiddle, unfortunately.

They may have to live with that, I have to admit.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I do have to wonder though, how will the PS4's relationship be with the big publishers like EA, Activision, and Ubisoft? It seems like these are the guys that have pushed the DRM business on Microsoft, so now that Sony's come out against those same policies, will they get the same level of publisher support?

I'm mainly wondering because there is a lot of speculation that this is the real reason the big publishers like EA have chosen not to "play ball" so to speak with Nintendo and the Wii U, because Nintendo isn't embracing the locked down tactics that Microsoft is. It makes me curious if Sony is going to see some of the same behavior.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    The last 30 seconds of that video is pure awesome.

• DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    How much you wanna bet MS does a 50-100 dollar off for old owners?

how old are we talking? 50? 60 years old? Sort of a senior discount?

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Man, I have no idea how Microsoft is going to respond, they're too deep to turn back on thier policies, but they've got to do something.

• TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    We saw Sony bend Microsoft over today. Never thought it'd happen. I'm still stunned.

This discussion has been closed.