As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Real [E3] Thread (Check OP For Streams)

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    mrt144 wrote: »
    How much you wanna bet MS does a 50-100 dollar off for old owners?

how old are we talking? 50? 60 years old? Sort of a senior discount?

:lol:

You know what I mean

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    We still don't know what will be in the boxes when both systems are launched. The PS4 could just be the system, one controller and a 250GB harddrive.

What else would you expect? It'll probably be a larger HDD, though.

I kind of expect a smaller HDD to be honest... but Sony has been surprising us, so anything's possible I suppose.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    And here's the other big moment, just for repeat enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SJ-To7WJyWs

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck, Mad Max is being made by the Just Cause team.

fucking. Awesome

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    vLNmkwF.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Arsenio Hall dog calls on the 399 price.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

Goddamn. I couldn't watch this during the stream, but that is "doing them execution-style", as they say.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

It's sad that this had to be an announcement at all, frankly.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    The Wiki page now says JPB KING OF ALL

Edit: Now it doesn't.

edzepp on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Tomorrow is going to have 25 hours because the spin from Microsoft is going to lengthen the day by sixty whole minutes.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    We still don't know what will be in the boxes when both systems are launched. The PS4 could just be the system, one controller and a 250GB harddrive.

I kind of expect a smaller HDD to be honest... but Sony has been surprising us, so anything's possible I suppose.

I forgot about the Eye.

I was expecting them to match or at the very least have it $50 less. I don't mind being wrong though.

I'm just wondering what corners Sony is cutting for the $399 price. If they can get a game and a 500GB+ harddive in the box with that price, I wouldn't mind being wrong again.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    New Killer Instinct, Mad Max, Rayman & The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot have my attention right now. Obviously Grand Theft Auto V when it comes out too.

I don't even have to see the Nintendo conference tomorrow morning & this E3 was still great, to me, as a gamer & viewer.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    BastableBastable Registered User regular

I forgot about the Eye.

I was expecting them to match or at the very least have it $50 less. I don't mind being wrong though.

I'm just wondering what corners Sony is cutting for the $399 price. If they can get a game and a 500GB+ harddive in the box with that price, I wouldn't mind being wrong again.

They decided not to include a Kinetic? Pretty bold move.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Someone changed a line in Tretton's wiki page saying he was charged for murder in the slaying of Xbox1

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Everyone forgets about the Eye!

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Guys, with all this hype about the price and DRM stuff let's please keep one thing in mind.

Fucking OCTODAD WAS SHOWN ON STAGE.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

It's sad that this had to be an announcement at all, frankly.

True enough about that sadness, but that wasn't caused by Sony.

Thanks for those links.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    That's like saying Microsoft supports used games as well.

PS+ has XCOM, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, LBP Karting, Deus Ex: HR, The Cave, Vanquish, Uncharted GA (Vita), Gravity Rush (Vita), Wipeout 2048 (Vita) and nine other PS3/Vita titles.

XBL has two games from five years ago.

Well, a couple things. First, those games aren't exactly that much newer. X-com is the most impressive imo. That and PS+ is a glorified rental (in terms of games).

So...um, yeah.

That being said, I was wrong on the most important part, which is really where you should've went at me about. The free games for gold aren't indefinite as was shown to me. It ends when XBone comes out. Which means PS+ wins.

The oldest game there is from late 2010 and four are less than a year old (XCOM, LBP Karting, Cave and Gravity Rush). Plus, I had two points in listing those and the second one was the sheer number of games PS+ has. And yes, I realise that PS+ is a glorified rental service, I just didn't like the comparison as there's a huge difference in terms of value.

But you're right with that last bit anyway. Seems like the two free games thing may either be MS trying the idea out for next gen or just a last rites for the 360, as Microsoft's support for the system has been rancid this year.

I forgot about the Eye.

They could throw a 20GB HDD in there for all I care, so long as you can swap out the HDD for a standard 2.5" SATA HDD like you can with the PS3. My 1TB PS3 HDD is awesome.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I like how Last Guardian has pretty much skipped an entire console cycle.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    PS4

$400
    Used Games
    No Always online

I'll take 2/3

I doubt ill get 1/3

Happy Birthday!

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    PS4 Press Release:
    http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

$399 doesn't include the camera, but no surprise there. 500 GB HDD.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Everyone.

I was wrong. I was convinced that both consoles would be sold for $500, and I was wrong.

I've never been happier to be wrong in my life. I'll be pre-ordering a PS4 tomorrow. I've never pre-ordered a system that wasn't made by Nintendo before.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I need to reiterate, where's my Ratchet and Clank Sony!?!?

Geez, the entire conference is ruined!
    It was still an awesome conference.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Press release specs:

Rko6DUP.jpg

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    2013-06-1100_17_14-Greenshot_zps0597ebde.png
    Edited so much that mods had to tell other mods to just let it go

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...yeah...just watching the Sony Conference.

And yes...yes, that was a murder.

Just...somebody call the police, what they did wasn't right!

• Options
    For me, used games and lending games were the only thing that mattered. I have a nephew to guide into the world of gaming and loaning him games or renting them was an important goal of mine. Price was incidental. Games were too, as all the good ones are multiplatform with quality exclusives balanced on both sides.

But for £349, Jesus. I really am going to go buy a WiiU tomorrow, because I have my partnership for this generation already decided.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I like how Last Guardian has pretty much skipped an entire console cycle.

It's been in the making even longer than HL3. Team ICO hasn't released a single PS3 game.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    No controller? And whats with the asterisk next to the hard drive?

To preorder a PS4 or not. 400 bucks is a lot of money to spend if it suffers hardware problems on launch (ala 360 style)

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    You know that Sony was super giddy with excitement the entire night to make that used games/no drm burn.

They were giddy like five year old boys after drinking a gallon of kool-ade.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, Jack Tretton was one happy man.

edzepp on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    The only way the closing minutes of that conference could have been better would be if when used games first got mentioned, someone in the cloud yelled "Speak for Gamers!".

Though I guess that makes MS Neville Chamberlain which doesn't seem exactly right.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So...yeah...just watching the Sony Conference.

And yes...yes, that was a murder.

Just...somebody call the police, what they did wasn't right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    You know that Sony was super giddy with excitement the entire night to make that used games/no drm burn.

Jack Tretton probably high-fived everyone back stage.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

The shit eatingest grin.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

Cerny knew. Right after the Microsoft conference when he sat down with Keighley and smiled. He knew.

God I bet that's a good feeling, knowing that no matter what happens that evening, even if Ubisoft manage to somehow Ubisoft up their own demo, everything is going to go swimmingly regardless.

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular

To preorder a PS4 or not. 400 bucks is a lot of money to spend if it suffers hardware problems on launch (ala 360 style)

One controller comes in the box. The asterisk is the standard "Some space is used by the OS blahblahblah".

Heres the full thing

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I really hope Tretton keeps using Radioactive until launch day.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »

One controller comes in the box. The asterisk is the standard "Some space is used by the OS blahblahblah".

Heres the full thing

Excellent....

• Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    I really hope Tretton keeps using Radioactive until launch day.
    probably his ring tone atm.

"I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
    Enough to make my systems blow
    Welcome to the new age, to the new age
    Welcome to the new age, to the new age"

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.