As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Real [E3] Thread (Check OP For Streams)

1102103104105106108»

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Zephos wrote: »
    Seriously though, that "How to share a game" video was pretty awesome....

I hope they follow up with more. Like a "how to play a game offline" one.

By the way, anyone notice some of the nightmarish moments out of Sony's conference that seemed purely unintentional?

1. The weird vocal audio from the Last of Us trailer

2. The Silent Hill-sounding music during the GT6 trailer

3. The terrifying as fuck basketball guy

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Okay so here's

one thing I'm curious about, why do they make them the same price in dollars and euros. Aren't euros worth more than American dollars? So, having them both be 500 or 400 dollars and 500 or 400 euros, make them more expensive in Europe for no apparent reason other than having the same number?

Doesn't the Eurozone use a Value Added Tax that is factored into the price of goods?

No idea. Might explain it if true though.

Dunno if this was answered, VAT is 20% here in the UK so the base price excluding VAT would be around £290.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if this was posted yet.

Game of Thrones spoilers

A duck! on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Killer Instinct is F2P, with Jango as the sole free character.

steam_sig.png
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Bubby wrote: »

Game of Thrones spoilers
    <3 I was going to ask if there was any "Red Wedding" .gifs

A duck! on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Bubby wrote: »

Game of Thrones spoilers

Boy, I bet Microsoft are glad they planned for a significant marketing budget.

They're going to need it.

A duck! on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    You know what else was crazy about Sony's press conference?

No 3D, no 4K and no move.

Crazy!

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Professor Snugglesworth on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular

Crazy!
    I do not know this for sure at all, but I was under the impression that the XbOne supported 4k while the PS4 did not.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

Crazy!
    I do not know this for sure at all, but I was under the impression that the XbOne supported 4k while the PS4 did not.

Neither do. The current HDMI spec (1.4) only supports 4k at 30fps maximum, so it's realistically only an option for movies. Same goes for both systems, Microsoft are just trying to blur the lines.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

I did not get that they were switching titles till way later. I just thought they were announcing the existence of FF 15, which isn't really an announcement at all.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Crazy!

Well, I mean they didn't talk about it at all. We know the move will work on the PS4, and likely 3D and 4k will to. I was surprised they didn't push those things at ALL.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    According to Jeff Gerstmann, Sony decided on the PS4's price today.

So I may have been right earlier today over the prospect of Sony lowering the price in response to MS' $499.

I highly doubt that they made an enormous decision like that basically on the spot.
    That's now how a multi-billion dollar company works.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

So I may have been right earlier today over the prospect of Sony lowering the price in response to MS' $499.

I highly doubt that they made an enormous decision like that basically on the spot.

I think it's less a snap decision and more they had several scenarios depending on what Microsoft did or didn't say, like

- $399 is our bottom line. If they charge less than that we can't match them
    - If they charge $550, go for $450
    - They charge more than $600, we should be safe at $500
    - If they don't mention it, we can keep quiet until they do

I'd certainly be tempted to have such a gameplan.

For both the users that quoted me earlier, Joystiq literally posted side by side comparisons that listed 4k for the One, not the Ps4.

thats my source for that, not arguing either of you on it, but simply stating that was my source.

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular

I think it's less a snap decision and more they had several scenarios depending on what Microsoft did or didn't say, like

This is my thinking too. It wouldn't be difficult to have financial plans drafted up for several scenarios, and just choose the 'slot' below what the One was announced at.

Yeah, I guess that'd make sense.

I'm still pissed that once again, €=$, but I guess it was to be expected.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    For both the users that quoted me earlier, Joystiq literally posted side by side comparisons that listed 4k for the One, not the Ps4.

thats my source for that, not arguing either of you on it, but simply stating that was my source.

I'd be very surprised if the PS4 didn't do 4K, Sony'll be pushing it along with a new line of TVs

Regarding 4k being only at 30hz on HDMI 1.4, framepacked 3D wasn't introduced till 1.4 and the 1.3 PS3 was more than capable of it (with a small audio caveat). It wouldn't surprise me if they were able to introduce 4k at a higher refresh rate if the need arose.

I for one am excited about 3D in the next generation of consoles, there was a bit too much of a resolution hit in the current gen (though Pacific Rim and Uncharted 3 still looked stunning), if most, or a lot, of games are running at 1080p this gen then this shouldn't be as much of an issue.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • mnihilmnihil Registered User regular
    All minutiae aside, it's a much needed relief to finally see people happy and excited about console gaming again. All the yays for Sony were all the more enjoyable because the future was looking pretty bleak for a moment and now it almost seems like next-gen gaming is on solid ground again.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

The PS4? It's supposed to be region free, so if you can import it...

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

I'd be very surprised if the PS4 didn't do 4K, Sony'll be pushing it along with a new line of TVs

Regarding 4k being only at 30hz on HDMI 1.4, framepacked 3D wasn't introduced till 1.4 and the 1.3 PS3 was more than capable of it (with a small audio caveat). It wouldn't surprise me if they were able to introduce 4k at a higher refresh rate if the need arose.

I for one am excited about 3D in the next generation of consoles, there was a bit too much of a resolution hit in the current gen (though Pacific Rim and Uncharted 3 still looked stunning), if most, or a lot, of games are running at 1080p this gen then this shouldn't be as much of an issue.

Not possible. The issue is with the bandwidth and the only way to fix that is to simply get better hardware (both the ports and cables). Sony/Microsoft could always revise their systems later on and swap in a HDMI 2.0 port though.

And no worries Zephos. Microsoft have said some misleading things regarding 4k, so it was worth clarifying anyway.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    The hype is getting to me. I missed all of yesterday's conferences, but there's no way I'm going to miss today's. In the end it's all about the games and Nintendo should be able to deliver it in spades. Forget about last year; this will be their comeback and it's gonna be awesome.

V0Gug2h.png

Oh right.
    I'm so used to Nintendo's region-locking bullshit that I hadn't even considered that :P

Oh right.
    I'm so used to Nintendo's region-locking bullshit that I hadn't even considered that :P

Just remember that DVDs and BDs will still be region locked. So if you import from the US, you'll only be able to play US DVDs/BDs on it. Not that BD players are that expensive anymore anyway.

• BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Have to post this here too.

http://i.minus.com/ioFwvI1nibBw2.gif

A duck! on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

Yeah this is definitely what happened.

Like, as soon as Microsoft announced their price, someone at Sony was all 'Ok, so that's plan C. Everyone open up your plan C dossiers we are officially enacting plan C'.

• BastableBastable Registered User regular

Oh right.

Just remember that DVDs and BDs will still be region locked. So if you import from the US, you'll only be able to play US DVDs/BDs on it. Not that BD players are that expensive anymore anyway.

Weirdest thing, my sony BD/DVD player plays all regions, but my Ps3 packs a wobbly when I try and put in a US/Jap DVD.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    399$ might sound good but when you factor in the playstation Plus subscription and a jewel encrusted chalice...

Do you live in an alternate world where Xbox Live of any use doesn't cost money?

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    399$ might sound good but when you factor in the playstation Plus subscription and a jewel encrusted chalice...

Do you live in an alternate world where Xbox Live of any use doesn't cost money?

Do you live in an alternate world where sarcasm hasn't been invented yet?

If so, you should go to your world's version of a patent office.

As long as used jewel encrusted chalices still work, I'm fine with it.

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Lots of PC love this E3 too, even if the games were showcased on consoles first.

Battlefield 4. Tit And Fall. Witcher 3. Those were some nice looking games I'd love to see some bleeding edge PC footage from the showfloor today.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    [edit] Wait, misunderstood.

Glal on
This discussion has been closed.