As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rain-Slick Precipice] Handling Bugs!

• BenHolidayBenHoliday Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks. Good to know those will go away shortly.

With the Gardenar I didn't notice the increased the speed because around the time I learned that I switched it from Jim to Moira ... big speed change there, too.

The other thing I noticed are a couple of paradox issues.

You can sell equipped accessories, and if you do the character still has them equipped. If you try to switch accessories they can't keep it equipped because it is not in the list of accessories to be equipped, but if you don't go into their equipment they can still utilize something you sold awhile ago.

You can do a similar thing with classes; If someone is equipped with, say, Tube Samurai, and I equip someone else with the Tube Samurai, the first character has an empty slot that still increases his statistics like Tube Samurai would. It's not really an important bug ... because who's going to leave the slot empty? But when I first saw it I was trying to balance statistics on my characters by moving classes around and it was confusing until I figured it out.

Might already be fixed waiting deployment ... but it never hurts.

edited July 2012
    So I was playing through again on hard, and I noticed the Gardenar learns Str +50, which later gets replaced with Def +40. I'm guessing it was supposed to be Def +20 the first time.

PS Feel free to tell me to shut up if these are all fixed awaiting deployment :-)

BenHoliday on
  • g0mer314g0mer314 Registered User new member
    On the PC version, I have 2 separate gamepads, both of them are basic generic brands, but work for every other game I play them with. They are recognized by Windows, but fail to work or do anything in the game. I am not sure how far the controller support goes, but I have no had any success getting either of them to work in the slightest. Is this a known bug, and will it be fixed with a future patch?

Iirc, gamepads are not supported for these games yet. Personally though, I'd rather have Zeboyd games focus on making new games (and adding content to existing ones) than to quibble over gamepad support.

• CTMCTM Registered User regular
    You can try using XBOX 360 Controller Emulator, which basically presents your generic gamepad as a XInput device (i.e. XBOX 360 Controller) to the game (which is what I think it expects). Your mileage may vary, however.

• WebWeb Registered User new member
    edited July 2012
    For Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 (PC), I grinded to ridiculously high levels. 100+ for each class.

...however... when I got to the Deeper Crow battle, where it gave a stat boost to all characters. It keeps freezing..even if I remove all items. Is it the stat boost that is causing the crash?

Web on
  • SomeguySomeguy Registered User regular
    Had an issue when I first tried to run Rain-slick Precipice off Steam.

Had an error saying could not find the file:
    Precipice Of Darkness 3\Content\Menus\Save & Load\Save_Load_Clean.xnb

I only had SaveLoadSheetRS3.xnb in that directory. After copying and renaming, the game loaded just fine.

• redbeanjonredbeanjon Registered User new member
    Enjoyed the first two episodes, and gleefully bought Ep3 through Steam to find out it crashes on startup when seeing the first logo. Tried reinstalling game, verifying game data, reinstalling Windows Media Player, .NET, XNA, and disabled firewall. Also tried running in all compatibility modes.

Running on windows 7 64 bit, on a Dell XPS 8500 - quad core CPU, Radeon HD 7700 (i think).

Any help will be appreciated!

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    If it crashes at the first logo, it's usually a problem with Windows Media Player.

• redbeanjonredbeanjon Registered User new member
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Media Player twice already and the problem still persists. Episode 2 and 1 work just fine though - aren't they also dependent?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    redbeanjon wrote: »
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Media Player twice already and the problem still persists. Episode 2 and 1 work just fine though - aren't they also dependent?

Eps 1 and 2 were not made by the same company. I would guess that anything that pertains to them has little to do with Ep 3. Just a guess though.

• PortalKittyPortalKitty Registered User new member
    My OS is Windows 7.
    I played through Episode 1 and everything ran fine. Started Episode 2 and everything seems to be working except for the player overkill bonus. Tycho and Gabe's check boxes are increasing past five, but the player's character wont. I'm not sure if this is part of the game, and there's certain requirements for that, but... yeah.

• D-Wolf AlphaD-Wolf Alpha Registered User new member
    So, recently started playing Episode 3, and I got to the part at the beginning of chapter 3 where you attempt to enter that mansion, and Gabe tries to punch the gate and fails. Well, part of the way through the dialogue, the game freezes and and quits working. This happens every time in the exact same spot. Please help!

• D-Wolf AlphaD-Wolf Alpha Registered User new member
    So I started up the game, and an update downloaded, and that fixed it.

• OmordaOmorda Registered User new member
    So, recently started playing Episode 3, and I got to the part at the beginning of chapter 3 where you attempt to enter that mansion, and Gabe tries to punch the gate and fails. Well, part of the way through the dialogue, the game freezes and and quits working. This happens every time in the exact same spot. Please help!

i actually have the same problem but the update has not fixed it on the xbox 360. i've deleted the title, save and patch once and reinstalled it and didn't work even after working my way back. i also just deleted the patch twice and had the exact same thing happen even if i don't go directly to the mansion. i've also worked from a previous save and tried having different items or less money as well. kinda pissed off as i wanted to play this game and in these two days i haven't been able to really get into it because of this crashing bug.

• iakoadiakoad Registered User new member
    Omorda wrote: »

i actually have the same problem but the update has not fixed it on the xbox 360. i've deleted the title, save and patch once and reinstalled it and didn't work even after working my way back. i also just deleted the patch twice and had the exact same thing happen even if i don't go directly to the mansion. i've also worked from a previous save and tried having different items or less money as well. kinda pissed off as i wanted to play this game and in these two days i haven't been able to really get into it because of this crashing bug.

I'm seeing the same thing, and ditto with the patch not fixing it (also on the xbox 360). Haven't thoroughly investigated it, but it seems to happen on any save I try it from.

• haggis 1982haggis 1982 Registered User new member
    iakoad wrote: »

I'm seeing the same thing, and ditto with the patch not fixing it (also on the xbox 360). Haven't thoroughly investigated it, but it seems to happen on any save I try it from.

I have the same problem, doesn't matter what I do, everytime I tried to enter that mansion I was returned to the Xbox 360 dashboard after being quoted a “code 4 error”.

• ShingrowShingrow Registered User new member
    iakoad wrote: »

I have the same problem, doesn't matter what I do, everytime I tried to enter that mansion I was returned to the Xbox 360 dashboard after being quoted a “code 4 error”.

I am having the same problem (360). I have also tried to enter the mansion on diffrent difficulties, and with diffrent outfits to no avail.

We uploaded a patch for the XBLIG version on Friday but we're still waiting for it to get approved.

• cornfruitcornfruit Registered User new member
    edited October 2012
    I have the "mansion crash bug" on the 360 as well. How will we be notified? Great game so far!

cornfruit on
    I'll post when it gets approved (it was at 75% last I checked). Also, if you try to play an XBLIG that has a patch, it'll make you download the patch before you play.

• heridfelheridfel Registered User new member
    I'll post when it gets approved (it was at 75% last I checked). Also, if you try to play an XBLIG that has a patch, it'll make you download the patch before you play.

Any word? I just found out about the game and downloaded it, but this bug is a show-stopper.

heridfel wrote: »

Any word? I just found out about the game and downloaded it, but this bug is a show-stopper.

Last I checked, it was still at 75%. Very frustrating.

• ElPolloLoco82ElPolloLoco82 Registered User new member
    Any new word on the status of the patch for the XBLIG version? It's been more than 2 weeks since you submitted. That bug won't let you advance past the dialog at the house in Ch.3. It's a game killer.

• haggis 1982haggis 1982 Registered User new member
    It would be great if there was something someone could do to speed it up a bit since it doesn't happened a thing in some time now... :(

• vcvcvc12vcvcvc12 Registered User new member
    Not sure if this is where this issue goes, but my computer won't load the EULA for the game. I'm guessing it's a browser issue or something, but does anyone have a link to it?

• DJGootchDJGootch Registered User new member
    So I moved Steam from my C: drive to my E: drive for reason of space, and now when I try to reinstall Episode 1, it stops at 99%. I try to verify it and i get "Disk Read Error" and when i try to delete the local content it says that I can't because it shares data with the demo, which i don't own and if I do, can't seem to locate. So I can't play the game, uninstall it or anything. Please, if anyone has any ideas on what to do, i'm listening.

• WithAnEWithAnE Registered User new member
    In Episode One, running on XP via Steam:

Just got the "Silence the Laughter" fortune, now whenever I try to enter the Promenade section of Pelican Bay, there is no floor. The characters fall into an endless void. I have entered the Promenade repeatedly before this point, without problems.

• TriskTrisk Registered User regular
    Episode 4 bugs, one was in another thread and caught:

When revisiting old towns,
    Dr. Blood
    is chit chatting which seems odd to me.

• AnotherAppleKidAnotherAppleKid Registered User new member
    edited June 2013
    Precipice 3) Not sure this is a bug, but more of a serious balance issue- Attack item use makes the early stages of the seamstress area way too easy.

Precipice 4) Muting music, saving options, then loading a game causes the music to start back up on "loud". Sound effect muting works fine.

AnotherAppleKid on
  • ShinyHappyGothShinyHappyGoth Registered User new member
    In Episode 3 on iPhone, in the battle sequences in Horkwall, the standing/walking forward sprites for the normal and gender-swapped "costumes" are reversed. When I'm playing with normal, I see them standing there gender-swapped, but when they attack or are hit, they flash into their normal selves for the action, then go back to GS. I tried it on GS and the reverse applies. No such bug for furry or undead, and they're fine on the world map.

• TriskTrisk Registered User regular
    Um, possible bug on four, I turned debug mode on and off.

• Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    got a bug on 4 at the monkey tree, if you fail the fight, after the fight if you try to edit your team then the game fails.

Game Vyse on
  • ShinyHappyGothShinyHappyGoth Registered User new member
    In Episode 3 on iPhone, in the battle sequences in Horkwall, the standing/walking forward sprites for the normal and gender-swapped "costumes" are reversed. When I'm playing with normal, I see them standing there gender-swapped, but when they attack or are hit, they flash into their normal selves for the action, then go back to GS. I tried it on GS and the reverse applies. No such bug for furry or undead, and they're fine on the world map.
    Addendum: The opposite problem - correct sprite standing still, gender-reversed sprite on action - is occurring ONLY for Gabe and Moira on board the ISS NEMESIS. Again, no bug for furry or undead.

• AnotherAppleKidAnotherAppleKid Registered User new member
    edited June 2013
    Episode 4-
    The "Sneaky Snacks" item box in the second tower isn't giving any item, or is giving the wrong item. I received no delicious, marinated fox heads. I assume I should have received an equippable item that is the opposite of the bulls-eye.

Interactions between item boosts and element boosts are kinda buggy in general.

Activating both "Cawterize" and "Clutch call" causes icons to vanish in the action bar sometimes.

There's a typo in Gabe's "Barehanded" skill.

If you found the insectoid companion in the battlefield, he vanishes during the fight atop tower 3.

AnotherAppleKid on
  • TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    I, uh, can't actually get the game to start. Installed through steam, but when I hit play, nothing happens. Looking on Taskmanager, it shows up in the process list and in the friends window it claims I'm playing the game, but in reality, nothing is happening.

uGn5f.png
  • TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    After a bit of prodding and pulling, I determined the problem to be the Logitech Z Cinema speaker drivers. Everything works fine now I've culled them.

uGn5f.png
  • voydangelvoydangel Registered User new member
    In Episode 4, the "Sneaky Snacks" item box in the second tower is giving a "Bushido Brochure" instead of an item by the name of "Sneaky Snacks" or anything similar.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Episode 4-

There's a tower on an isolated patch of ground in the southeast part of the world map that looks like I should be able to land on there while riding the whale, but it won't let me. I've tried landing on top of it, on the little patch of ground the bridge links to, but there's no going.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?