As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rain-Slick Precipice] Handling Bugs!

124»

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Episode 4-

There's a tower on an isolated patch of ground in the southeast part of the world map that looks like I should be able to land on there while riding the whale, but it won't let me. I've tried landing on top of it, on the little patch of ground the bridge links to, but there's no going.

That's the location where Moira & Jim started out. We probably should have shrunk it on the world map so it doesn't look like something new.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Oh, okay. It just looked like a hidden dungeon, so I wanted to land there and explore...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I had PoD3 sitting on the back burner because it crashed after the intro video. I finally started digging around and found that Windows Media Player (*shudder*) is a silent prerequisite, grudgingly reinstalled it, and now it works. This is a good game, especially the writing... I was laughing at inappropriate volumes late last night. I like the SNES-era RPG style, I want PoD 1 & 2 backported to this format, it fits perfectly.

So, basically, Good Job.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    I had PoD3 sitting on the back burner because it crashed after the intro video. I finally started digging around and found that Windows Media Player (*shudder*) is a silent prerequisite, grudgingly reinstalled it, and now it works. This is a good game, especially the writing... I was laughing at inappropriate volumes late last night. I like the SNES-era RPG style, I want PoD 1 & 2 backported to this format, it fits perfectly.

So, basically, Good Job.

Thanks! Incidentally, enough people complained about the WMP requirement in 3 that we redid all the audio code in 4 so that it doesn't have that requirement.

• Options
    Does Not EqualDoes Not Equal Registered User new member
    edited June 2013
    Started up episode 4 (XBLA), went through the opening sequence until it gave me direct control. Immediately opened the character menu and was browsing to see what I had available, and the game crashed -- told me there was an error, it had to be closed, and gave me a mysterious "Code 4" as my only reference. I hadn't even really started playing. Now I'm afraid to get very far (read: anywhere) for fear it'll crash in a spot I can't save.

Does Not Equal on
  • Options
    Starcat5Starcat5 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I found a clipping error near one of the "Ultimate Weapon" boxes. This is the Windows version, BTW.
    2394F0D8755B8AF08E13D4078D83940783ACB113

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Episode 4 bugs (XBLIG version):

-Revisiting towns, I've had party members who aren't there at the time talking.
    -When you transform the Murch into the Fleshreaper, the visual stays that way after battle, despite the ability list changing back to the Murch at the start of each fight. Very confusing. Haven't tested going from Murch (visual Fleshreaper) to Fleshreaper (visual still Fleshreaper) back to Murch (haven't tested this, I assume he goes back right?)
    -Not a glitch, but it's pretty confusing for that one Murch ability to not be spelled out what it does for either form. Does Voodoo hurt the enemies AND Fleshreaper? What does the Murch's version do?
    -That battle near the very beginning where the enemies are gonna strength from the Catbus type guy, the name in the special condition is different from in the battle.

• Options
    CTMCTM Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Episode 4 bug for monster:
    For me, Broodax never shows up on some lists, such as when switching members in fight, or giving the monsters a free level up. Otherwise he shows up, just not for these.

CTM on
  • Options
    Eynol Lee CageEynol Lee Cage Registered User new member
    edited July 2013
    I'm using an xbox. Both episode 3 & 4 stopped launching (for days now). Episode 3 goes to the regular blue INDIE screen then an error message CODE 4, contact creator. Episode 4 has no error message at all. It goes to the regular blue INDIE screen and then just goes back to the game list. This has just started and we haven't downloaded anything new for, well, since we downloaded episode 4 which I beat the game and was in the process of starting over on insane. (I love this series! Your games are awesome!)

Sincerely,
    -Silly Goose

Eynol Lee Cage on
  • Options
    TheLurkingHorrorTheLurkingHorror Registered User new member
    Fairly major bug for the Windows version of Precipice 4: I found the Soul Sole at the normal time. However, I missed the Kick Blade. When I defeated the Doppleganger party, the chest inside contained the Kickblade, instead of the Ubervamp. I then went back to where the Kickblade is supposed to be and opened the chest. It gave me another Kickblade, with the same message about how "This doesn't work yet". The chest in the Doppleganger cave is still opened and empty, so I can never get the Knife Shoes.