As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime World] Defenders: Tower Defense and Collectible Cards

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    You could do that for towers; but magic would still cast because there's no invalid target for magic like for towers. You couldn't get out of it via any button or action I could figure out.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    If you moved your mouse to the very top of the screen it canceled it for some reason.

• SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    the Dragon flame tower hits air.

I think you're cornfused.

The dragon flame tower is the natural upgrade from the wooden tower > cannon tower > dragon flame tower.
    Is the dragon flame tower locked out before some portion of the game, or do I just have the worst luck?

afaik nothing is locked out before any point; but I think via raids you can only get it from hard raid maps if you're doing it that way.

It's completely unecessary for most of the game though, an upgraded wooden tower lasts quite awhile and then the cannon tower is more than enough for most things.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I have my Stone cannon fully upgraded. There's another called a Cannon Tower? I'm also missing Dragon Tower as well.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    It might be stone. I couldn't remember if the stone tower was the general purpose one or the stunning one.

I got Meteor last night.

I like Meteor.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    New patch incoming!
    Hi

Patch submitted, should go live any minute now.

-Screen resolution fixes
    -Drop rate changes
    -50% increase in silver awards for random missions
    -Difficulty increase for random missions
    -Some price changes
    -Hotkeys for camera movement and rotation
    -Right-click to cancel tower placement
    -Tweaked voices a bit (we will redo voices in game later, right now we've just removed some VO so not to confuse gamers)
    -Minor interface changes
    -AOE Mortar bug fixed

Edit: Also official release date was pushed back to June 5th. That doesn't really mean much to us who are already playing it though.

Love this. Those are all promising changes.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Right-click does indeed remove a spell from your cursor now.

it only removes it if you cast it with the keyboard and not your mouse. :rotate: You still can't cancel it if you used it with the left click.

I need to break that habit anyway.

The difficulty increase on hard raids is noticeable but nothing significant (i.e. if you could do them before you can now, just not quite as mindlessly); but the silver increase is pretty nice. It's map determined, meaning the earlier maps give you less silver than later maps. I was getting anywhere from 280-500 base silver for a map, plus bonus, plus any potential silver cards. Getting up silver is substantially faster now.

They lowered the prices on a lot of the earlier tier stuff in the store too, including basic packs and rare packs. Unique packs and rare artifact sets are still the same cost.

I wish they'd document their hotkeys and, more importantly, let you bind keys.

Yeah..

F - Increase/Decrease Speed
    Space - Stop Time
    Tab - Send out next wave

That's about all I've found out so far.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah..

F - Increase/Decrease Speed
    Space - Stop Time
    Tab - Send out next wave

That's about all I've found out so far.

Towers are keyed to the number keys, spells to QWE.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    So played this for a few hours now.

Raid maps are still pathetically easy, I really hope they increase the difficulty of at least the "hard" ones quite a bit more. The increased silver rewards are very nice however, allowing you to fuse cards much faster(though this kinda exacerbates the difficulty problem).

Making rares/uniques show up more as rewards in raid maps I'm not sure about. On the one hand this reduces the need for grinding for people starting out, on the other hand stars now have even less of a purpose. Really they need to introduce a repeatable star sink that does something useful.

Sadly the random voice call-outs still occur in game but they do seem less common.

it only removes it if you cast it with the keyboard and not your mouse. :rotate: You still can't cancel it if you used it with the left click.

I need to break that habit anyway.

I always cast spell with my mouse and its letting me cancel with right-click.

• DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    You could cancel a spell by clicking its icon again.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    Well, you can't click on the icon if you're already holding down the button to drag it; but yeah, I just tried an hour ago and I definitely can't cancel with a right click while I'm dragging it with the left. Maybe it's my mouse? Dunno.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    Don't drag? Just click a tower or spell and click again to deploy, or right click to cancel.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Well, you can't click on the icon if you're already holding down the button to drag it; but yeah, I just tried an hour ago and I definitely can't cancel with a right click while I'm dragging it with the left. Maybe it's my mouse? Dunno.

Same here. I drag too.

Yeah I didn't even really think about not dragging.

I have no idea why. I kinda thought you had to? But that doesn't even make sense given that I mainly play with hotkeys anyway. For some reason magic just felt like it was supposed to be dragged. :lol:

Woo I finally finished this game today and beat the last two levels... Just need to upgrade my Dragon Tower to lvl 25 and upgrade my Sun tower a bit for the final boss.

steam_sig.png
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Yeah the continuous crashing I was running into on ch 17 near the final wave was killing me. I had so many enemies and towers on screen that I couldn't do anything it was slowing down so much.

Decided to take a break til they get another patch out.

On the plus side I have all towers at rank 3 and almost all of the uniques at level 25 too.

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    This game is so grindy and addicting. I really wish it was on mobile though so I could play anywhere.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm butthurt over the grinding. I've pretty much given up on it.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I got this, and I'm having some text troubles. Anyone else getting this?

1024x640.resizedimage

I saw a lot of reports of similar problems when I bought it but I dunno if there was a solution.

However the game got a patch a couple hours ago, with notes that say that they think they've fixed all the display issues so you might give it another go with the patch.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    For me, the game never remembers the screen resolution I use each time I start it up and I always have to change it back.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

Clever tower placement negates the need to grind; I've seen the youtubes of it. I can't do it, but then I like grinding.

edited June 2013
    Cool so it's been released... downloaded the server progress when prompted and kept all my beta progress. Had 60 achievements unlock all at once... Although it looks like I have another 5 that should have unlocked but didn't...

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah there were a lot of reports of achievements not unlocking that should have, so I haven't loaded it up yet in the hope that they fix them; though they'll probably unlock either way.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Anyone else having a problem with "Authentication Failed"? I get into a map, place a tower, then that happens and it crashes out. Wat.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

Clever tower placement negates the need to grind; I've seen the youtubes of it. I can't do it, but then I like grinding.

I love TD games so much, it never feels like grinding to me. I think I also really like the fact that the amount of time I'm willing to spend directly correlates with what I get in return. Yeah, that's the nature of grinding, but most TD games unlock stuff simply (and only) as you gain levels or beat certain maps.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    The only grind that I've run into so far that felt necessary, was grinding for the detection tower. I tried that forest map so many times trying to time and place my detection spell just right, and using poison towers so that the ninjas would keep taking damage while stealthed, but I just couldn't do it. Then I got the detection tower, and the map became such a cakewalk.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    I completed a hard... expedition? (Whatever those things are called that branch off a new map) and the rewards included 400 gold, 200 gold, 3 stars, a Mortar Tower (of which I REALLY need 1 more) and... something else. I picked 400 gold, then 3 stars, then 200 gold. Argh. I'll enjoy the stars, but I really want that final mortar tower.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Didn't you previously get a free card every day? Did they do away with that?

What is this I don't even.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Didn't you previously get a free card every day? Did they do away with that?

They got hacked through the service that gives the cards so they had to shut it off until and unless they fix it.

Dyvion wrote: »
    I completed a hard... expedition? (Whatever those things are called that branch off a new map) and the rewards included 400 gold, 200 gold, 3 stars, a Mortar Tower (of which I REALLY need 1 more) and... something else. I picked 400 gold, then 3 stars, then 200 gold. Argh. I'll enjoy the stars, but I really want that final mortar tower.

Later you'll be happy you got the money. That stuff is what you have to 'grind' for anyway, so the more the better, when you can get it.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm having so much fun, gotten so many towers to their 3rd evolution, including my Sun Tower and Energy Cannon tower. Still run into problems occasionally where the tower type I picked for a counter costs too much Prime for the amount of work it needs to do, or the placement is just a bit off so it isn't as effective as it needs to be.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    I keep hearing rumors about sun towers... I don't think they exist.

edited August 2013
    Holy shit massive changes batman:
    Content Update 1.1 for Prime World: Defenders
    Greetings. We've just released update 1.1, it should hit Steam any minute now.

We've spent last two months since Prime World: Defenders release listening to your feedback and this content update is based on your requests and suggestions. Thank you for that, it's been quite interesting to work with such dedicated group of gamers.

Highlights include two new modes, new towers, spells, maps and cards. Also, we've increased your progress speed, so you can get to new juicy content faster.

So, what's new here?
    - New Heroic Mode. After you've beaten game on Normal mode you can switch to Heroic mode and play all missions once again. This time missions are really tough and you can't grind them out - we expect you to have evolved and leveled up towers to take onto this task. It is our version of New Game Plus.

- New Survival Mode. After you've beaten game on Normal mode you'll get two new maps unlocked each with 250 waves of enemies. You don't have to survive all 250, nor we expect you to on your first try. Maps are divided into five stages with 50 waves each and you get a nice bonus after each stage.

- New Side Missions. Instead of hard level of difficulty for side missions we're adding Survival on random maps into mix - you still can play easy and medium in usual mode of course. You'll have to survive 3 stages with 25 waves each (75 waves in total) to get maximum reward, but even one stage will give you lots of silver and nice cards. This was done to make leveling easier.

- Four New Towers. Prime Gun, Sharpshooter, Toxic tower and Spray Tower. You'll get access to those after you hit level 15.

- Two New Spells. Thunderbolt and Summon Magma. Same as with towers – you'll get access to your spells after you hit level 15.

- New Enchantments for Spells. Magical Eye and Spell Amplifier. So you can fuse your spells faster. These Enchantments are now part of Enchantment packs.

- New Mirror Cards for Evolving. Having hard time with RNG trying to get that third (or fourth) unique tower to evolve it? Use Mirror Card instead, it will replace any card of same rarity during evolving.

- Updated Interface. Now you can sort cards easier, see towers stats without pause and do a lot of stuff much faster.

- 54 New Achievements to Unlock. New content means new challenges, right?

- French and German Localizations. Kind of self-explanatory. Full voice-overs obviously.

- Balance Tweaks. We've addressed problems with flyers, ghosts, usefulness of certain towers and spells, so game is much more fun to play now.

Certain towers now have penalties against flying units – namely Wooden Tower, Stone Tower, Dragon Tower and Prime Gun.

Other towers instead do more damage to ghosts (The Puncher) and carts (Stun Tower).
    Prime Blast now does a lot of damage against healers and Gas Cloud slows enemy down in addition to poisoning.

- Bugfixes. I don't want to go into details here, but we've done quite a job hunting down bugs.

- Steam Trading Cards. Ok, technically it's not something we're adding into a game, but still, thanks to Valve, you'll be able to get and trade nice cards with Prime World: Defenders characters, level-up your badge and unlock smilies and wallpapers for your profile.
    So enjoy your new free update and don't forget to tell your friends about how awesome Prime World: Defenders is.

Sincerely, Nival Red team.

Like a crazy amount of stuff. And free. Some of these things are like expansion level content.

<3 Nival Red

Might be time to play through again.

The Dude With Herpes on

That's very cool.

So my desktop PC is still packed away for my move; has anyone checked out the Prime World F2P game? I know it's a MOBA, but it looks like it has a lot of extra stuff too that appeals to me and want to get some thoughts until I can get my PC set back up and check it out myself.

I want to game vicariously through yous!