As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Back to the boring old thread title of [Weight Loss & Fitness]

19495969798100»

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    If all coffee disappeared tomorrow I think I'd just end myself. A life without coffee is no life at all.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I need some recipes and cooking tips for some nice variety. I am lifting weights 3 days a week, but weight loss in my main goal so I've been sticking to just meat and vegetables, mostly chicken.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I generally just throw everything in a tortilla with some sort of sauce. That's basically my lunch e'rry day.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Slow cookers are the light.

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Finding a calorie free soda was a bit of a game changer for my weight, (coke zero makes me happy in my tummy), I'm down the best part of 50 pounds I think since the start of last year.

Zero got me through a few years, but I've pretty much kicked soda completely thanks to the introduction of precious, life-giving coffee.

By far the most horrifying part of Fringe was when the other universe didn't have coffee. Should have just let it die

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I'm doing a mud run with some friends this Saturday. Go ahead and start sending good vibes my way, if you don't mind.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Which one?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think I'm gonna go run about ten km. I need some kind of endorphin boost.

• Options
    I need...something.

Coffee didn't do it today. I should take advantage of what might be the last nice day this week...

• Options
    Also, who is doing the next thread?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I need one of those too! I had such a nice weekend and it's like just waking up back here this morning jump started me into stress city. I'm going to jog with my dog tonight.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    If drinking water triggers your gag reflex you have been fatally poisoned.

No idea why but I was like that my entire life. Even as a toddler.

You should see your doctor about that.

Yeah, you might be drowning.

If you are still having trouble, just remind yourself it is just like deep throating dick, and eventually, your gag reflex will numb.

Never had the chance to deep throat sadly. Perhaps I should clarify it is the taste of the water that makes me gag. Just disgusting tasting. Also I drink one or two sodas a day and often swap out tea. But I like the taste of them and when I do drink one I just work it into my meals for the day.

Broken record, but reducing the soda does make a nice difference... seriously, all they have is the taste and empty calories, there is zero nutritional value in soda (something I know you're already aware of). Tea is a positive switch away from the soda, greens and white teas for sure with their added health benefits, and they obviously don't taste like plain water. Like DL said, you could also just add some lime or lemon to your water to add some flavor, and possibly avoid that gag reflex (which is a seriously interesting response, does the temperature of the water make any difference? Is it tap water, filtered water, bottled water?)

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    If drinking water triggers your gag reflex you have been fatally poisoned.

No idea why but I was like that my entire life. Even as a toddler.

You should see your doctor about that.

Yeah, you might be drowning.

If you are still having trouble, just remind yourself it is just like deep throating dick, and eventually, your gag reflex will numb.

Never had the chance to deep throat sadly. Perhaps I should clarify it is the taste of the water that makes me gag. Just disgusting tasting. Also I drink one or two sodas a day and often swap out tea. But I like the taste of them and when I do drink one I just work it into my meals for the day.

Broken record, but reducing the soda does make a nice difference... seriously, all they have is the taste and empty calories, there is zero nutritional value in soda (something I know you're already aware of). Tea is a positive switch away from the soda, greens and white teas for sure with their added health benefits, and they obviously don't taste like plain water. Like DL said, you could also just add some lime or lemon to your water to add some flavor, and possibly avoid that gag reflex (which is a seriously interesting response, does the temperature of the water make any difference? Is it tap water, filtered water, bottled water?)

Unless the water is cold enough to be physically painful to drink then no not really. Ice has a flavor and when I drink ice water I can tell the difference between the ice and the water. I have no clue why, psychosomatic maybe? I do drink a lot of water though, usually a half gallon at work and another pint or two at home. I just drink it really fast all at once, usually in 2-2.5 cup chugs throught the day. I can taste the difference between filtered and tap, even different brands of bottled water. I assume it is the container. /shrug.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Which one?

The Conquest. It's not one of the bigger ones like Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, etc.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
This discussion has been closed.