As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Console [Chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I don't think audiophiles in general care about the actual music. Just the qualities of it like a warm sound from their headphones. Like there should be a bigger focus on equipment not music.

The DJ tree is just one of the trees, the other two are Equipment and Bit Rate.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    .flac should totally be a thing.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    you know i watch bizzare foods and all that junk dreaming of the day i can travel the world while trying out all kinds of neat cuisine

fish related soup is the one thing I feel very hesitant about.

i'll eat a live prawn. or do all kinds of weird stuff.

but fish X soup? just. blech.

tumblr_mokknwhzc91rm7iyxo1_1280.jpg

Do you think the fish liked swimming in my soup?

i kinda want to eat that.

hm.

I'm one who will eat pretty much actually anything, but that whole fish with blatant misery in its roasted eyes would make me legit queasy.

PS I'm pretty much 100% pescatarian now. We'll see how long this lasts.

It's ok to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

I was talking about vegetarianism and pescatarianism with my stepdad last night, and he said "The only reason people think fish can't feel pain is because fish don't scream." It was probably the worst thing he could have said to me in this new dietary phase of mine.

They used to do all kinds of experiments with octopodes before they realized how intelligent they were.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would electrocute a cephalopod for science

Or just grill it

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I refuse to eat cephalopods.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Unless I beat it at a game of chess first. Then it is dumb enough for me to eat.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    *ate live octopus*

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I know I've been talking a lot about this the past couple of days

but would you guys watch a new Magic School Bus show?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

This is a very particular moral stance

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

... I think there was some in my lunch today.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Smoking is dum as fuq, evilbob. Desist at once.

Life is much better when you smoke.

Bullshit.

You know whats awesome? Being able to engage in physical activity. Being healthy. Not coughing up bits of your own lung into your sink every morning. Oh, and you know, living long enough to actually see your grandchildren, unlike either of my grandfathers who smoked.

Think Desc was talking weed.

Oh, well puff puff pass brother man.

But if you ain't smoking at least out of a lux or a roar then get the fuck out, and really get on that vape train already.

blud are you hating on blunts right now

are you

hating on

blunts

today some guy came up and asked for a strawberry dutch

i made as to give him a strawberry philly blunt

he's like NAWWWW MAN THIS A PHILLY, I WANT A DUTCH

and i'm like sorry man, i don't have any dutch masters, this is the only strawberry flavored blunt i have in stock right now

and he's like psssssh fuck it, i don't want anything (and left)

and hte next dude walks up like YOOOO CAN A N***A GET A BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT A WRAPPER SAY ABOUT WHO MADE IT

i sold that gentleman the strawberry philly blunt

I feel as though I understand both gentlemen in this story to some degree.

• Options

I am 25 years old, 26 in less then a month.

So no.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    *gropes self in front of full length mirror*

Hmm ... Probably another 20 pounds until I'm satisfied, really.

Going for a run in the morning!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright, the Audiophile's DJ tree has: J-Pop, Soul, Buttrock, Electronica, and Trap (yes, it's a trap ability). Their centerpiece ability is The Drop, so Dubstep is covered. That's a pretty good set of musics, right?

Though, I need help with things that audiophiles go nuts over. Like equipment-wise and music quality-wise. The dumber and/or money-wastier the better.

How does The Drop work? I would love if you could somehow work a build up into the drop mechanic. Like the longer the build up the more massive damage the drop does, heck, the drop could even be like a mode switch thing, strength of the mode switch being determined on build up. And then the crux of the decision is when you drop each fight. Do you drop early so you get more time in drop mode? Do you drop late so you get a stronger drop mode but less time in it etc?

As for equipment, one of the biggest dumb money waste thing for audiophiles is gold plating cables, gold plating connectors, etc. You could also do something about digital music compression formats, those crazy lossless formats that take up ton of space, or you can do some about vinyls, I dunno.

Haha, Inquisitor I am way ahead of you on The Drop.

The DJ skill tree (ignore the wonky wording):
    The Playlist: When an audiophile uses a DJ ability it adds a song to the end of the playlist queue. Every 3 actions, the playlist will move to the next song in the queue. When a song becomes active, its passive effects will be triggered once.

Free Abilities:
    Skip: I’d rather hear the next song
    Effect: Alters the playlist rotation so that the next song will activate on the turn immediately following this action. Increases threat.

The Drop:
    Effect: All of the queued abilities in the playlist have their “drop” effects triggered, and the playlist is cleared. The more songs in the playlist, the higher the threat level necessary to use The Drop.

Ranked Abilities:
    J-Pop: This disarmingly up-beat song is sung by shrilled-voiced Japanese girls, causing everyone who hears it to lower their defenses.
    Effect: Significantly reduces resistance to both regular and special damage for all allies and enemies alike on the action it is activated. When dropped, deals heavy Japanese damage to all enemies.
    Prerequisite: None

Soul: This soulful tune heals the spiritual wounds of those who listen to it.
    Effect: Heals the ally or enemy whose action it is currently. When dropped, heals all allies.
    Prerequisite: None

Buttrock: Nothing like good old-fashioned 80s rock to get you pumped
    Effect: Significantly increases both regular and special damage dealt by the ally or enemy whose action it is currently. When dropped, increases the damage and healing done by other songs that are dropped with it.
    Prerequisite: J-Pop

Trap:
    Effect: If the ally or enemy whose action it is currently uses an ability that causes damage, they will take heavy damage themselves. When dropped, has a chance to inflict a random status effect on your enemies for each song dropped.
    Prerequisite: Buttrock

Electronica: Heart-racing club beats to raise your reaction times
    Effect: The ally or enemy whose action it is currently will get an additional action immediately after this one. When dropped, each other song that is dropped with it has its effects applied twice.
    Prerequisite: Soul

Remix:
    Effect: Fuses the next two songs in the queue into one song, with the passive and drop effects of both. Cannot remix a remixed song.
    Prerequisite: Electronica

The threat level thing is not what you think it is, we just don't have a good name for it yet.

• Options

This is a very particular moral stance

Well that is not the extent of it, I don't eat much meat anyway.

But for the most part I don't blanket-ban eating clades, so in that sense yes cephalopods are exceptionally privileged.

• Options
    That seems weird to me, not eating something based on their reasoning capacity. I would totally eat all of the stupid people. I wouldn't be hungry, and there'd be no one stupid around.

Win

Wn.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    .flac should totally be a thing.

FLAC is endgame raid gear you nubs

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    what is a cephalopod

sounds delicious

i'll take 3, writing in pain or cold with fear, preferably

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I'm going to miss being able to smoke. Smoking some cigars with my buddy as we drove down to Key West was a really fun experience.

Not that I actually smoke more than once in a blue moon, but still.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Organichu wrote: »
    *ate live octopus*

Hashtag Oldboy.

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    what is a cephalopod

sounds delicious

i'll take 3, writing in pain or cold with fear, preferably

cephalopod.jpg

• Options
    I'm going to miss being able to smoke. Smoking some cigars with my buddy as we drove down to Key West was a really fun experience.

Not that I actually smoke more than once in a blue moon, but still.

E is the best.

• Options
    I like what I am seeing Winky.

Question: What is threat mechanically?

• Options

So no.
    the students would be in 13th grade, not 3rd

and the subjects would be more advanced than "how do plants grow"

• Options
    That seems weird to me, not eating something based on their reasoning capacity. I would totally eat all of the stupid people. I wouldn't be hungry, and there'd be no one stupid around.

Win

Wn.

Man I could never eat a person!
    ....entirely because of the risk of infection being spread.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    pshaw i did it before oldboy came out

#og

• Options
    I'm more upset about losing bananas and Gatorade.

• Options
    Is Carrot acquiring the rights to magic school bus or something

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know how does sales tax on Amazon work in the US?

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright, the Audiophile's DJ tree has: J-Pop, Soul, Buttrock, Electronica, and Trap (yes, it's a trap ability). Their centerpiece ability is The Drop, so Dubstep is covered. That's a pretty good set of musics, right?

Though, I need help with things that audiophiles go nuts over. Like equipment-wise and music quality-wise. The dumber and/or money-wastier the better.

Tube amps, $10000 speaker cable, etc. those fuckers are crazy

• Options
    Bananas don't actually have that much potassium compared to a lot of things.

Gatorade, yeah. : (

On the other hand

:winky:

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

So no.

Maybe to see that one kid with the curly orange hair open his space helmet on the moon and have it explode rather then freeze into a block of ice.

488W936.png
  • Options

no

just been watching it on Youtube, and enjoying it a lot

except that I already know pretty much everything on the show

so I'd like a new one focused on higher-level stuff

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Ok that smoke was awesome. You're all gonna cop it hard when I start raging from withdrawal tonight.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

The ghost twilight series must've really sold

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options

So no.
    the students would be in 13th grade, not 3rd

and the subjects would be more advanced than "how do plants grow"

No. If I want to learn science, being an adult, I will either read a book, watch a documentary, or something of that sort. I don't need any trappings to sell me on science being interesting.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

no

just been watching it on Youtube, and enjoying it a lot

except that I already know pretty much everything on the show

so I'd like a new one focused on higher-level stuff

The kids on the Bus have all grown up and taken on the task of using it's magic powers for good to fight crime and discover new things about themselves.

488W936.png
  • Options
    If I want to watch educational material, I just want to have David Attenborough narrating. I don't really need the wacky stories anymore.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Down to 170 lbs by Labour Day. There. Target acquired.

This discussion has been closed.