As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Console [Chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Seriously, though, console exclusives are the worst thing ever.

The worst thing ever.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Well the bus is actually a TARDIS and the teacher is a timelord

I thought this was obvious

what does this even

pretty late in Smith's first season, I think, the TARDIS has its soul put into the body of a woman

hijinks ensue for about twenty minutes

Tardises have souls?

And apparently there are beings that feast upon those souls.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Oh my god how could I overlook the quirks and mannerisms of the students when they were but children?

So when Keesha learns Tim is hitting the drugs hard she continually makes an effort to get him to stop

The episode culminates in a moment where Tim's near death from an overdose and the camera just zooms on Keesha's face

"Oh bad, oh bad, oh bad oh bad oh bad!!"

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Watching Fallon

Howard Stern is incredibly unfunny, comes off as a complete prick

@Henroid

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

what does this even

pretty late in Smith's first season, I think, the TARDIS has its soul put into the body of a woman

Tardises have souls?

As with most things in new and to an ever so slightly lesser extent old Doctor Who, yes for one episode despite nothing prior suggesting that might be the case.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Maybe you should have rationed energy better Desc.

MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE ... argggghhh okay my pilots are going in crazy solo maneuver Top Gun style and the cannon operators are going for precision firing

I hope the cybernetic implants we were gifted work really well because we have energy for one jump and I have no idea what will happen if this doesn't work

AND I'M NOT EVEN DESTROYING THIS BASE WHICH SHOULDN'T BE HERE BECAUSE THERE ARE ENEMY CIVILIANS

thanks Obama >:l

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I'm going to miss being able to smoke. Smoking some cigars with my buddy as we drove down to Key West was a really fun experience.

Not that I actually smoke more than once in a blue moon, but still.

E is the best.

yeah, it's like 4 pages late.

but, the agree button isn't nearly enough.

Cause, like, it really truly is. Like, I rolled for the first time in like 4 years, and the second time in almost a decade on Saturday.

Was all fucking sorting of fantastic.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

what does this even

Tardises have souls?

If cars can develop them, then why wouldn't 900+ year old time machines?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

The worst thing ever.

if everyone agreed to only buy nintendo they would die

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    9068000638_9d88414ed8_c.jpg

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    We never had drug overdoses at my old school.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Wait what game is this desc

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Phoebe is now an insufferable vegan hipster who constantly tries and fails to maintain a food garden using what little resources and space she can scrounge up in her dorm

Her roommate Dorothy grows to hate her

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

The Fleet which is a sort of glorified Choose Your Own Adventure on iOS.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    9066320779_dfe7384c7f_c.jpg

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    In the sex ed episode Ms. Frizzle deals with increasing frustration that she's still Ms. Frizzle

"Well Carlos, you are much older..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP9rAQLAKLk
    Mrs. Robinson by the Beatles is one of my favorite songs

up there with Smells Like Teen Spirit by Radiohead

wandering on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Phoebe is a Permie!

• Options
    I love Puffins.

They are like adorable flying penguins.

• Options
    "At my old campus, we never suffered the shackles of the patriarchy!"

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    This might just be the best stuff ever.

tfBzLI8.jpg

"Beer and grapefruit soda" aren't words that should ever be spoken in the same sentence but for some reason it's so freaking delicious.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I love Puffins.

Also a damn fine cereal.

• Options
    Also renaming it to The Magic Inter-Campus Shuttle was fucking inspired, y'all are philistines

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    choco I'm glad you're having fun but this is legit depressing

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Does anyone else get that "shiver down the spine" feeling when you feel like you're suddenly shifting emotional gears?

It seems to happen pretty reliably when I read certain things, or listen to certain music where the mood is meant to be shifting.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE ... argggghhh okay my pilots are going in crazy solo maneuver Top Gun style and the cannon operators are going for precision firing

I hope the cybernetic implants we were gifted work really well because we have energy for one jump and I have no idea what will happen if this doesn't work

AND I'M NOT EVEN DESTROYING THIS BASE WHICH SHOULDN'T BE HERE BECAUSE THERE ARE ENEMY CIVILIANS

Desc, sometimes in war there is collateral damage. You accept that keeping enemy civilian deaths down as much as possible is a noble goal, but if the enemy puts his bases in the middle of a city, then he put his own citizens in harms way.

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

what does this even

Tardises have souls?

As with most things in new and to an ever so slightly lesser extent old Doctor Who, yes for one episode despite nothing prior suggesting that might be the case.

Well the TARDIS has manifested itself before in Rose.

• Options
    Gim wrote: »
    I love Puffins.

Also a damn fine cereal.

And publishing house.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Desc, sometimes in war there is collateral damage. You accept that keeping enemy civilian deaths down as much as possible is a noble goal, but if the enemy puts his bases in the middle of a city, then he put his own citizens in harms way.

I just focused on defense to buy time before we jumped.

And we jumped and now we're mostly out of gas so I hope the Alliance comes through for us. :c

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Does anyone else get that "shiver down the spine" feeling when you feel like you're suddenly shifting emotional gears?

It seems to happen pretty reliably when I read certain things, or listen to certain music where the mood is meant to be shifting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Oh, by those Choice of dudes?

Yeah, those guys fluctuate wildly in terms of game-writing.

• Options

Seriously, don't play the Superhero game.

• Options

Seriously, don't play the Superhero game.

I read an LP of that one

and evaluated my life choices quite thoroughly afterwards

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    So did you guys notice that tons of video games that emphasize plot focus on fatherhood as an emotional theme?

There are so many video games where fatherhood is the emotional basis of the plot, either overtly or otherwise.

I wonder if it's a combination of it being a fairly male-dominated industry and audience, such that this is often the strongest theme that resonates with both the creators and the playerbase, and the fact that video games have a tendency to be violent, and the one form of violence that is almost always easy to sympathize with on an emotional level is protective violence.

• Options

Neat. Although "brain orgasm" seems like it's sexualizing something which to me definitely isn't sexual.

• Options
    Sorry dude, I may have been getting a bit carried away

• Options
    Everything is sexual

Everything.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular

The worst thing ever.

Agreed, but thankfully the only exclusive games from the current generation that I wanted to play were all on PS3.

Woo, lucking out!

工事中
  • Options
    So did you guys notice that tons of video games that emphasize plot focus on fatherhood as an emotional theme?

There are so many video games where fatherhood is the emotional basis of the plot, either overtly or otherwise.

I wonder if it's a combination of it being a fairly male-dominated industry and audience, such that this is often the strongest theme that resonates with both the creators and the playerbase, and the fact that video games have a tendency to be violent, and the one form of violence that is almost always easy to sympathize with on an emotional level is protective violence.

It's not just video games really: this is a pretty common theme in a ton of media. I blame patriarchy - men have been able to be unattentive fathers and have it considered normal for a very long time, whereas society has no such sympathy for women in general (which I think is a negative in both directions it can be considered: either we get 'women is ridiculously, mindlessly protective of her children' or 'doesn't care at all').

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013

Neat. Although "brain orgasm" seems like it's sexualizing something which to me definitely isn't sexual.

It also has a, like, kinda... 'are you sure you're doing that right sort' implication towards other activities.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    I think I am going to head to sleep.

Good night everybody.

This discussion has been closed.