As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX: The After Hours

2»

• switchstanceswitchstance Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    American bars can eat my ass. I'm legal here, so I'm legal there. Any bar that says different is going to pay in riot-bucks.

Fuckers.

switchstance on
    test1.jpg
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2004
    Youngin'.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2004
    I don't know about the rest of you, but myself, I'm driving down from Canada, and plan to bring a trunk solidly packed with Canadian Beer. I've got a couple 18+ guys coming, so it's legal 'till we hit the border.

My suggestion, take over one whole floor of the Doubletree. Make it a huge rowdy party.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    Well I'm gonna be drinking somewhere. Legal by your pansy rules or not.

switchstance on
    test1.jpg
  • sage_ich_nichtsage_ich_nicht Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Well I'm gonna be drinking somewhere. Legal by your pansy rules or not.
    Now THANK YOU, you spoke out what we all thought! :D

sage_ich_nicht on
    "Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
    Children already know that monsters exist.
    Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton
  • SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    I made a suggestion to Switchstance. I suggested that we get drunk and start a brawl somewhere, to which he wholeheartedly agreed... This got me thinking. A large concentration of like-minded people, a whole weekend full of opportunities for zany shenanigans and wacky hijinx... You know what that means? PARTY TIME, BABY. I say all us kids get together one of the nights of the convention and galavant about the town, have a few drinks, and perhaps partake in some drunken time travel.

THIS WILL BE A NIGHT OF NIGHTS

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

I'm in!

Edit: I dunno if I should start a new thread for this or what, but I'll try it her first all PA'ers who are 21 or over post if your down to party. The kids can come to if we can find a place that serves booz but is all ages. Otherwise sorry guys but sucks to be you.
    Acctualy it must suck to be you. In the way of "I am a sooo frightened of the cops, woooh, I might pee my pants if they find out that some sixteen year old minors where drinking alcohol with me which we bought at a gas-station and drunk in some place outside they city where nobody ever watches... And I don't even think of the others, I just say that it is that way and don't care what the others think & I don't bother with reading the whole thread and just post shit"-sucking.

NO FSCKING ABSINTHE FROM CZECHIA FOR YOU! :x

You misunderstoond, its not that Im afraid of getting caught drinking in the woods with a sixteen your old, its that I just dont want to. If I wanted to go get trashed in the woods I wouldnt go to PAX I would go get trashed in the woods, because its soooooo much fun... Bitter much? So in closing FSCK you and upir FSCKING ABSINTHE. Now go play in the street.

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • GuinnessGuinness Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    I'd say let's booze it up in the hotel rooms, but that would sully the good name of Penny-Arcade.

Well call me unsully.

Besides if I'm going to actually socialize with any of you fuckers, I'm going to need a few drinks.

Guinness on
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    I made a suggestion to Switchstance. I suggested that we get drunk and start a brawl somewhere, to which he wholeheartedly agreed... This got me thinking. A large concentration of like-minded people, a whole weekend full of opportunities for zany shenanigans and wacky hijinx... You know what that means? PARTY TIME, BABY. I say all us kids get together one of the nights of the convention and galavant about the town, have a few drinks, and perhaps partake in some drunken time travel.

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

I'm in!

Edit: I dunno if I should start a new thread for this or what, but I'll try it her first all PA'ers who are 21 or over post if your down to party. The kids can come to if we can find a place that serves booz but is all ages. Otherwise sorry guys but sucks to be you.
    Acctualy it must suck to be you. In the way of "I am a sooo frightened of the cops, woooh, I might pee my pants if they find out that some sixteen year old minors where drinking alcohol with me which we bought at a gas-station and drunk in some place outside they city where nobody ever watches... And I don't even think of the others, I just say that it is that way and don't care what the others think & I don't bother with reading the whole thread and just post shit"-sucking.

You misunderstoond, its not that Im afraid of getting caught drinking in the woods with a sixteen your old, its that I just dont want to. If I wanted to go get trashed in the woods I wouldnt go to PAX I would go get trashed in the woods, because its soooooo much fun... Bitter much? So in closing FSCK you and upir FSCKING ABSINTHE. Now go play in the street.
    Hmm... I could now start to flame you. But I'm not that bored now. Maybe later. Anyway, do we(=everyone except you.) look like we care if you come with us or not? I mean, what advantages would you give us anyway? Except that we would have a philistine in our group, of course.

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    Hey now, cool down fellas. Have a beer.

Borfase on
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:
    Hey now, cool down fellas. Have a beer.
    word.

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited April 2004
    Borfase wrote:

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

I'm in!

Hmm... I could now start to flame you. But I'm not that bored now. Maybe later. Anyway, do we(=everyone except you.) look like we care if you come with us or not? I mean, what advantages would you give us anyway? Except that we would have a philistine in our group, of course.

Philistine, well ok. What would you bring to the group, besides the ability to use words you dont understand?

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
    edited April 2004
    STOP IT

THIS IS MY THREAD AND I DEMAND THAT THIS STOP

WE WANT TO BOOZE IT UP AND MAKE OUR LIVERS MAD AT US, HE WANTS TO BE A WHINY PRUDE

LETS JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE

Borfase on
    edited April 2004
    I thought that Alcohol was just for those with
    nothing else to do
    I thought that drinking just to get drunk
    was a waste of precious booze
    But now I know that there's a time
    and there's a place where I can choose
    To walk the fine line between
    self-control and self-abuse

That time and place is PAX, the fine line shall be walked and stumbled over.

switchstance on
    test1.jpg
    edited April 2004
    Very... poetical.

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • mojomonkeemojomonkee Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    i'll have you know that there is a KICK ASS cheesecake factory in the bellevue mall that doesn't stop a-rockin' until the wee hours.

mojomonkee on
    Q: Mac or PC?

A: Um, we like to play games.
    edited April 2004
    I've never been to the Cheesecake Factory... I've heard it's delicious.

Borfase on
    edited April 2004
    I'm down for partying, hard. So hard it hurts.

If we could get enuf of the DoubleTree we could definitely set something up where I'm sure those of us not of age could partake. Not that I am suggesting that, because serving alcohol to minors is ILLEGAL, and you will go to HELL if you do, with all the people who play D&D.

Ooh, I just thought of this...there will probably be a hotel bar, so even if the scene in Bellvue isn't rockin', we can make it rock. Bring some rocks, there, for the purpose of rockin' out. Like a rock.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    We will all go to hell anyway, so who cares? :twisted:

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • Mouse RecoilMouse Recoil Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    hey, i'm 16, and like hell if you're going to keep me away from the vodka. Besides, i'm polish, that adds at least like 10 more drinking years. Besides, you don't have to be "hiding in the woods drinking with a 16 year old", we'll just go raid some club and if they try to start something we'll give em some good old 'good luck with that, we're PAers out in FORCE!'.

Mouse Recoil on
  • Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    20030630l.gif

It's amazing how civil you all will get when the fuzz shows up, and their chicks!

"Dude you totoaly got some'

DUDE I TOTALLY GOT SOME ARRESTED

Puerto Rock on
    edited April 2004
    Shiosai wrote:

But sage_ich_nicht has a point. The U.S. and especially the State of Washington where this little shindig is being planned have some pretty strict laws. The state owns all the liquor stores and they close around 9 pm. Grocery stores and bars stop selling alcoholic beverages from 2 am to 6 am.

I don't think this will affect our plans for world domination too much though.

Actually the local grocery stores have it programmed into their registers to stop selling at 1:50AM so they don't risk getting in trouble. Was shopping late one night n had to give quick directions to 7-11 to a party searching for something for the night. But they were stupid n instead of pooling the money n making one large purchase they were trying to go through the check one at a time. They got one very small bottle of wine. I did chuckle as they left.

Liquor stores are also closed on Sundays. Lame.

http://www.liq.wa.gov/services/searchresults.asp

Good luck on your liquor quest.

And besides the Cheesecake Factory there's a Melting Pot now in Bellevue. Cheesy fondue goodness! :mrgreen:

More restaurant info here: http://www.bellevuedowntown.org/restaurants/

Unknown User on
  • FallFall Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    If you want to get drunk and save money in Washington, buy a couple bottles of hard liquor a few nights before the event and put them in the trunk of your car, drink up before you hit the bars, and all you'll want is a shot or two or a beer.

You'll save a ton of money, and guess what... you'll be drunk!

Fall on
  • mojomonkeemojomonkee Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    it just dawned on me that i will be of age at the passing of this event as my 21st spirit journey formation anniversay will take place in june.

TWENTY ONE BELLS WILL RING!

too bad i don't drink. i can be DD though i suppose.

mojomonkee on
    Q: Mac or PC?

A: Um, we like to play games.
  • sage_ich_nichtsage_ich_nicht
    summons the big mighty stick and pokes the thread.

and btw., i'm back. stupid isp. hate him. Can somebody give me a summary of what happened(read: the lame jokes)?

Registered User regular
    edited May 2004
    summons the big mighty stick and pokes the thread.

and btw., i'm back. stupid isp. hate him. Can somebody give me a summary of what happened(read: the lame jokes)?

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • KruleKrule Registered User regular
    edited May 2004
    Aww man..i just realised something...I'm 20.

Sure I've been drinking for 5 years, but I live in Quebec, theres no legal drinking age here, when u'r old enough to, u do.

Next expo needs to be held here so we can drink too! Meh..not saying I wont bring my own stash across the border

Krule on
    edited May 2004
    That's why this thing should be held in Australia legal drinking age 18 not the lowest but low enough for me.

Unknown User on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2004
    The legal drinking age in Quebec is 18, just like Alberta. You might be all awesometastic since you've been an alcoholic since 15, but let's not distort the issue.

Drinking is fun in moderation, regardless of age. However as foreign nationals we'd best keep things slightly chilled as while they probably wouldn't prosecute us, they have the right to throw us out of their country and never let us back in.

So no bootlegging in the streets of Seattle, you crazy bastards. What happens behind closed doors, if reasonable, is private and nobody will get in trouble. But I'll beat the shit out of the first unruly drunk 17 year old that starts drawing unneeded attention.

So who is bringing the pot?

Just kidding

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited May 2004
    "But I'll beat the shit out of the first unruly drunk 17 year old that starts drawing unneeded attention."

Good thing I'm 19.

Man, fuck BBCode

switchstance on
    test1.jpg
    edited July 2004
    T1nman33 wrote:
    I'm down for partying, hard. So hard it hurts.

Ooh, I just thought of this...there will probably be a hotel bar, so even if the scene in Bellvue isn't rockin', we can make it rock. Bring some rocks, there, for the purpose of rockin' out. Like a rock.

Surely you dont mean... crack rocks?

I dont party with crack heads sorry.

SuperFlyTNT on
    -Helem Boesch-
  • Thug LifeThug Life Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    as always, I'm down for some partying, wherever it may be (probably even in my hotel room). I could even bring some Absinth with me from Canada if someone could solve my problem here http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71539

Thug Life on
    gretzky_cup1984.jpg
  • OknarkOknark Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Thug Life wrote:
    as always, I'm down for some partying, wherever it may be (probably even in my hotel room). I could even bring some Absinth with me from Canada if someone could solve my problem here http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71539

The absinthe idea is NOT a good one, as if it contains ANY thujone in it, it is illegal in the USA, and if they found it at the border crossing, you be fucked.

Oknark on
    skelesign.jpg