As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

sugoi'ed a man in [chat], just to watch him kawaii

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

I am gonna have two middle names.

But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

Just use the initial of the first one?

I'm not sure how many I have. I have a confirmation name but I think legally I still only have one middle name. I dunno.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    tido14 wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    I should have waited til I could afford a box of patches before stopping smoking. This is balls.

I just quit last month after 10 years. Hang in there.
    QCIWcOK.gif?1

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    FYI guys you've got 48 hours til shit really hits the fan. Consider yourselves warned.

We love you so you have at least a little bit of a buffer before we go crazy.

• Options
    Last of Us looks good but I'm so sick of zombies that I will probably never play another zombie game ever again

they've burned out the concept just as bad - if not worse - than WWII shooters

they didn't feel like zombie zombies. I think they did a great job of making it feel fresh.

minor spoilers:
    they're fungal zombies caused by people being infected with

cordyceps_campanotus%20.jpg

this stuff, the cordyceps fungi. some are blind and can only spot you with hearing, and some are in varying levels of infestation and some have just burst open to release spores

and there's tons and tons of human enemies to fight. I sometimes found myself wishing I were fighting more zombies. They aren't in large hordes, they're often in small groups you either sneak past or pick one by one, splinter cell style.

one thing that wasn't clear in ads is that it's not quite an apocolypse, but shit still sucks for the human race

yeah I recall reading that, but it's just too much. The market is absolutely oversaturated and I want to be as far away from the idea as I can be indefinitely.
    Eponysterical!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Jimmy Fallon mentioning used games only on PS4 and the price, that must suck MS

I am a little surprised at how many mainstream media outlets have been picking up on stuff from this years E3.

I guess everyone can smell the blood in the water.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Grr.

One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

Because then you could Æ it up.

Ha, I wish.

SS

• Options
    Grr.

Just use the initial of the first one?

I'm not sure how many I have. I have a confirmation name but I think legally I still only have one middle name. I dunno.

I only have one legally at the moment but that is obviously in a state of... deprecation.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jimmy Fallon mentioning used games only on PS4 and the price, that must suck MS

I am a little surprised at how many mainstream media outlets have been picking up on stuff from this years E3.

I guess everyone can smell the blood in the water.

New console hardware is huge business, cant blame them

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    WTF Ice Cube is playing a very lightly edited version of Good Day on Fallon, I cant believe they allowed this.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Last of Us looks good but I'm so sick of zombies that I will probably never play another zombie game ever again

they didn't feel like zombie zombies. I think they did a great job of making it feel fresh.

minor spoilers:

this stuff, the cordyceps fungi. some are blind and can only spot you with hearing, and some are in varying levels of infestation and some have just burst open to release spores

and there's tons and tons of human enemies to fight. I sometimes found myself wishing I were fighting more zombies. They aren't in large hordes, they're often in small groups you either sneak past or pick one by one, splinter cell style.

one thing that wasn't clear in ads is that it's not quite an apocolypse, but shit still sucks for the human race

yeah I recall reading that, but it's just too much. The market is absolutely oversaturated and I want to be as far away from the idea as I can be indefinitely.
    Eponysterical!

I want you to know that I got this, and I appreciate it, and you're a good person.

• Options
    I don't use my confirmation name at all because people think it's goofy and I'm not Catholic anymore. Down with the papist conspiracy. #freelorc

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it

The first half is weak and mostly setup

The second half is the old arrdev magic and it all pays off.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Grr.

Ha, I wish.

SS

ß

"In the German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs). Like double "s", when speaking it is pronounced (s) (see IPA). In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels. Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling. Its German name is Eszett (IPA: [ʔɛsˈt͡sɛt], the lexicalized expression for "sz", from "es-zed") or scharfes S (IPA: [ˈʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs, ˈʃaːfəs ˈʔɛs], "sharp S").

While the letter "ß" has been used in other languages, it is today used only in German. However, it is not used in all German-speaking countries, in particular not in Switzerland nor Liechtenstein.[1] German speakers in Belgium,[2] Denmark,[3] Luxembourg[4] and South Tyrol, Italy[5] follow the standard rules for ß used in Germany and Austria."

Best I could find.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Grr.

I have two middle names, and usually just pick one or the other. Seems to work well enough for me.

工事中
  • Options
    Grr.

Ha, I wish.

SS

Do a cool looking double lightning bolt symbol. People will think you're awesome when they see that.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Grr.

Ha, I wish.

SS

ß

"In the German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs). Like double "s", when speaking it is pronounced (s) (see IPA). In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels. Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling. Its German name is Eszett (IPA: [ʔɛsˈt͡sɛt], the lexicalized expression for "sz", from "es-zed") or scharfes S (IPA: [ˈʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs, ˈʃaːfəs ˈʔɛs], "sharp S").

While the letter "ß" has been used in other languages, it is today used only in German. However, it is not used in all German-speaking countries, in particular not in Switzerland nor Liechtenstein.[1] German speakers in Belgium,[2] Denmark,[3] Luxembourg[4] and South Tyrol, Italy[5] follow the standard rules for ß used in Germany and Austria."

Best I could find.

I dunno, § looks cooler to me. *shrug*

工事中
  • Options
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Grr.

Ha, I wish.

SS

ß

Best I could find.

It does look cooler but, what does it mean?

• Options
    Grr.

I have two middle names, and usually just pick one or the other. Seems to work well enough for me.

Fortunately they are the same initials, but I'll just put one in the first name field and be fine.

I mean I could also use a different name or leave one out but damn it I am earning this name I'm gonna use it.

• Options

minor spoilers:

Eponysterical!

I want you to know that I got this, and I appreciate it, and you're a good person.
    I feel like I should say that I didn't come up with the term

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

it's worth checking out the rest if you can. I know you've said you don't really watch stuff without her.

a plot line takes place in hollywood but you get more of other characters as it goes on, and less of Michael's story which is about the movie.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

The first half is weak and mostly setup

The second half is the old arrdev magic and it all pays off.

Yeah, you're so close, you should really finish it out -- it starts REALLY picking up just a few more episodes in.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    It's weirdly cold and windy right now.

I am so happy.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Whoops!
    You need to enable javascript to do that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    @Eddy - Love the title of this [chat].

• Options
    Grr.

Ha, I wish.

SS

ß

Best I could find.

(Bah, internet shat itself again)

Wiki:
    The section sign (§, Unicode U+00A7, HTML entity §) is a typographical character used mainly to refer to a particular section of a document, such as a legal code.[1] It is also called "double S", "sectional symbol", "the legal doughnut", signum sectiōnis.

It is frequently used along with the pilcrow (¶), or paragraph sign. When duplicated, as §§, it is read as the plural "sections" (§§ 13–21), much as "pp." (pages) is the plural of "p." (short for the Latin pagina). The likely origin of the section sign is the digraph formed by the combination of two S'es (from the Latin signum sectionis).

Like the dagger (†) and double dagger (‡), it is also sometimes used to link to a footnote where the asterisk (*) is already in use on a given page; however, these usages are declining in favor of numbered footnotes, usually linked by a superscripted and/or square bracketed number.

工事中
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It does get much better but it also doesn't reach the point it was building toward. I was post surprised when there were no more episodes left

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

It does get much better but it also doesn't reach the point it was building toward. I was post surprised when there were no more episodes left

it was arrested development

• Options
    Somedays I really wonder why the west has so disowned its own martial heritage but seems so interested in eastern martial arts.

Probably something something Orientalism.

• Options
    Welcome back to the land of the internet Coke.

Interesting! For some reason I had a really hard time googling that character, google just didn't want to recognize it.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    one looks all cool and fancy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Something something technology outstripping necessity for individual martial arts skills.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I read an article about the PS3 bricking issue and apparently the main feature of the update was the ability to turn off trophy notifications. I will be making use of this new feature!

I'm not sure why achievements grate on me so much but I think a large part of it is that the look and sound of the notifications aren't specific to their games, which makes them feel like they aren't really part of the games, which makes them feel like intrusions.

I played a little bit of Uncharted one time, and it does a weird thing where every trophy notification is displayed twice in a row. The first time, the notification is themed to the game - it looks like it's been printed on a scroll or something like that, and the little musical cue fits in with the game's soundtrack. And then, right after that, the same words come on the screen again, except this time in the standard PS3 trophy format, with the standard chime. And the game-themed notifications felt way less intrusive.

• Options
    Welcome back to the land of the internet Coke.

Interesting! For some reason I had a really hard time googling that character, google just didn't want to recognize it.

Yeah, the internet at my office is ... unreliable to say the least. But at this point, I'm mostly used to it.

Odd that Google wouldn't recognize it, though. Hm...

工事中
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    knitdan wrote: »
    Something something technology outstripping necessity for individual martial arts skills.

Oh certainly, martial arts aren't needed anymore with guns and stuff. I just wonder why people in the west seem to be rather interested in asian martial arts, especially say, Japanese stuff, the katana, etc.

But hold no interest in western martial arts, say, rapier and dagger fencing, longswords, etc.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    I read an article about the PS3 bricking issue and apparently the main feature of the update was the ability to turn off trophy notifications. I will be making use of this new feature!

I'm not sure why achievements grate on me so much but I think a large part of it is that the look and sound of the notifications aren't specific to their games, which makes them feel like they aren't really part of the games, which makes them feel like intrusions.

I played a little bit of Uncharted one time, and it does a weird thing where every trophy notification is displayed twice in a row. The first time, the notification is themed to the game - it looks like it's been printed on a scroll or something like that, and the little musical cue fits in with the game's soundtrack. And then, right after that, the same words come on the screen again, except this time in the standard PS3 trophy format, with the standard chime. And the game-themed notifications felt way less intrusive.

I'm glad you can turn em off. I don't mind them in principle but they pull me out of the game for sure.

• Options
    Little shop near my house run by super friendly Vietnamese couple doesn't have any of the old flavour of the energy drink I like anymore. :( Gonna have to find something else to buy there whenever I go past.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Grr.

Ha, I wish.

SS

ß

Best I could find.

(Bah, internet shat itself again)

Wiki:
    The section sign (§, Unicode U+00A7, HTML entity §) is a typographical character used mainly to refer to a particular section of a document, such as a legal code.[1] It is also called "double S", "sectional symbol", "the legal doughnut", signum sectiōnis.

It is frequently used along with the pilcrow (¶), or paragraph sign. When duplicated, as §§, it is read as the plural "sections" (§§ 13–21), much as "pp." (pages) is the plural of "p." (short for the Latin pagina). The likely origin of the section sign is the digraph formed by the combination of two S'es (from the Latin signum sectionis).

Like the dagger (†) and double dagger (‡), it is also sometimes used to link to a footnote where the asterisk (*) is already in use on a given page; however, these usages are declining in favor of numbered footnotes, usually linked by a superscripted and/or square bracketed number.

00A7 eh? I'll try to remember that.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hmmm what to do on payday

day off

first time with a lil cash in forever

hmmm

• Options
    Somedays I really wonder why the west has so disowned its own martial heritage but seems so interested in eastern martial arts.

Probably something something Orientalism.

Exoticism, "ancient Chinese secret," etc.

This discussion has been closed.