As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

sugoi'ed a man in [chat], just to watch him kawaii

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    The fact that Gabe has no notion of gender politics is not surprising, no.

I keep thinking back to the PATV episode where he and Tycho weren't sure what a vulva was.

That's that annoying thing from the World Cup right?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I don't think anyone's crazy enough to cobble together an actual sexist registry for the purpose public shaming. That's getting into fantasy caricature territory.

feministsnake_zps4fd763e6.png

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    [img][/img]
    Skippy

Apparently the birthday margarita I mentioned last week is 80 ounces, 2.4 liters.

Here is a picture, in front of a human for size comparison

[im]http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/100_0360.jpg[/img]

bombers? been there, did that

Yeah, I was mentioning it to Skippy the other day but couldn't remember the size. It's a lot bigger than I remembered, I thought it was like... one liter.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Uh oh

How big is this document

• Options
    Stick with the prod.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I don't think anyone's crazy enough to cobble together an actual sexist registry for the purpose public shaming. That's getting into fantasy caricature territory.

All you need is a list of male-sounding names.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    image1xl.jpg

i want this

but i don't $100 want it

or do i

*sweats profusely*

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

What about unisex names like Chris and Sam?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Riley
    Cameron
    Jordan
    Taylor
    Tyler
    Jamie
    Ryan
    Casey
    Bailey
    Cassidy
    Presley
    Cory
    Dylan
    Devin
    Jayden
    Ashton
    Avery
    Blair
    Brett
    Chandler
    Kendall
    Lane
    Logan
    Morgan
    Perry
    Parker
    Peyton
    Quinn
    Raegan
    Reese
    Shayne
    Skylar
    Spencer
    Sydney
    Alex
    Danny
    Kelley
    Ashley
    Sam
    Jessie
    Kyle
    Dakota
    Sean
    Blake
    Brooke
    Casey
    Hayden
    Jaden
    Avery
    Bailey
    Carson
    Drew
    Kennedy

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

There's a Firefox plugin that, if you view a person's OKCupid account and they answered badly to certain questions like "Do you think there is ever a situation in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?" then it displays a big POTENTIAL PREDATOR on the page.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    image1xl.jpg

i want this

but i don't $100 want it

or do i

*sweats profusely*

One of my friends has a giraffe one that's cuter.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    wat did gabe do now on twitter

are we being dickwolved again

One of my biggest regrets in life is not getting a dickwolves pennant for my computer room when they were on sale.
    My favorite part of that whole controversy is the thing where in some corners of the Internet the mere association with Penny Arcade is equivalent to being a registered sex offender.

So this is where we dig up posts where you guys talk about Reddit, right

take your best shot

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    IF YOU SEE A SKIPPY ON THAT LIST IT IS SOME OTHER SKIPPY NOT ME

<.<

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    AS CIS SCUM...

I'm not sure if i should be allowed to give cis-based powers to the social justice warrior class in me and winky's game...

I was thinking that we ought to at least have a "Cis" or "Trans" bit in the character description, not necessarily involved in gameplay in any way but just so you can have a trans character.

Oh yeah, i was meaning to talk to you about this... Should we mae all the monsters cisgendered? i mean, the Feminist and MRA character archetypes have reactions to genders... But it would probably be a lot of work to give proper stats for non-cis enemies and there's the implications of making a game where you fight trans people...

It seems a bit... tangly, y'know...

but yeah, we should make it an option to have characters be non-cis.

Won't really matter, as I am assuming we won't see the genitals of any of our monsters :P. Whether they're cis or trans won't factor in.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am really depressed for no reason right now and it sucks.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Echo wrote: »

Riley
    Cameron
    Jordan
    Taylor
    Tyler
    Jamie
    Ryan
    Casey
    Bailey
    Cassidy
    Presley
    Cory
    Dylan
    Devin
    Jayden
    Ashton
    Avery
    Blair
    Brett
    Chandler
    Kendall
    Lane
    Logan
    Morgan
    Perry
    Parker
    Peyton
    Quinn
    Raegan
    Reese
    Shayne
    Skylar
    Spencer
    Sydney
    Alex
    Danny
    Kelley
    Ashley
    Sam
    Jessie
    Kyle
    Dakota
    Sean
    Blake
    Brooke
    Casey
    Hayden
    Jaden
    Avery
    Bailey
    Carson
    Drew
    Kennedy

Yes, proof I'm not sexist!

Take that bitches!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Riley
    Cameron
    Jordan
    Taylor
    Tyler
    Jamie
    Ryan
    Casey
    Bailey
    Cassidy
    Presley
    Cory
    Dylan
    Devin
    Jayden
    Ashton
    Avery
    Blair
    Brett
    Chandler
    Kendall
    Lane
    Logan
    Morgan
    Perry
    Parker
    Peyton
    Quinn
    Raegan
    Reese
    Shayne
    Skylar
    Spencer
    Sydney
    Alex
    Danny
    Kelley
    Ashley
    Sam
    Jessie
    Kyle
    Dakota
    Sean
    Blake
    Brooke
    Casey
    Hayden
    Jaden
    Avery
    Bailey
    Carson
    Drew
    Kennedy

Aw yiss my name isn't on this - couple of close calls though - so I can continue my privilege!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Echo and Kagera, yes. Those are all probably sexist people.

• Options

"Hello. I'm applying for the open editor position with Jezebel."
    "And your name, sir?"
    "Dirk Manly."
    "Get out."

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    smoking is the worst

fifty millihitlers

but it makes me look cool and also goes great with sugar free red bull

what is up with people ordering sugar free redbull?

Goes well with cigarettes!

BUT.

There are no buts

Now gooey and I feed you a steady diet of SFRBs and cigarettes

will girls finally talk to me

Yes

But they will only be using you to get your precious caffeine and nicotine

will they siphon it from my body

what parts of their bodies

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Ashley is no longer for dudes, and Jessie (as opposed to Jesse) never has been. Jaden isn't a name. Girls don't tend to spell it Danny. Brett is an extremely bro name.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    AS CIS SCUM...

I'm not sure if i should be allowed to give cis-based powers to the social justice warrior class in me and winky's game...

I was thinking that we ought to at least have a "Cis" or "Trans" bit in the character description, not necessarily involved in gameplay in any way but just so you can have a trans character.

Oh yeah, i was meaning to talk to you about this... Should we mae all the monsters cisgendered? i mean, the Feminist and MRA character archetypes have reactions to genders... But it would probably be a lot of work to give proper stats for non-cis enemies and there's the implications of making a game where you fight trans people...

It seems a bit... tangly, y'know...

but yeah, we should make it an option to have characters be non-cis.

Won't really matter, as I am assuming we won't see the genitals of any of our monsters

*cancels his preorder*

desc on
  • Options
    Kagera wrote: »

I keep thinking back to the PATV episode where he and Tycho weren't sure what a vulva was.

Yes. Every match the stadiums were awash with the sounds of vulvas buzzing unceasingly.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Cisgendered is a clinical term, so you'll hear it seriously from people who talk about gender as an issue often

I hang out with such people so I hear the term all the time

I have never in my life been othered for being a cisgendered heterosexual white male, not even by my radical feminist lesbian transgendered activist vegan anarchist environmental crusader friends

This may be because I am the greatest though

You may have more trouble as a less or un-great person

I don't know what that's like

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    I am really depressed for no reason right now and it sucks.

I give you hugs cuz I know that feel dawg.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

There's a Firefox plugin that, if you view a person's OKCupid account and they answered badly to certain questions like "Do you think there is ever a situation in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?" then it displays a big POTENTIAL PREDATOR on the page.

Yes.
    If they are a prostitute and have accepted financial consideration and both parties have agreed to the negotiated terms.

• Options

I am strangely pleased by this.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Yes. Every match the stadiums were awash with the sounds of vulvas buzzing unceasingly.

Now I want a vulva version of this strip.

Or maybe not.

215521632_BSftc-L-2.jpg

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Riley
    Cameron
    Jordan
    Taylor
    Tyler
    Jamie
    Ryan
    Casey
    Bailey
    Cassidy
    Presley
    Cory
    Dylan
    Devin
    Jayden
    Ashton
    Avery
    Blair
    Brett
    Chandler
    Kendall
    Lane
    Logan
    Morgan
    Perry
    Parker
    Peyton
    Quinn
    Rar
    Em
    Esh
    Ocean
    Ice
    Raegan
    Reese
    Shayne
    Skylar
    Spencer
    Sydney
    Alex
    Danny
    Kelley
    Ashley
    Sam
    Jessie
    Kyle
    Dakota
    Sean
    Blake
    Brooke
    Casey
    Hayden
    Jaden
    Avery
    Bailey
    Carson
    Drew
    Kennedy

Aw yiss my name isn't on this - couple of close calls though - so I can continue my privilege!

Fixed that for you, Rar

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I think Tube and mods deserve the benefit of us not talking about Gabe's twitter whatever is going on with that I don't want it to be giving the mods a headache over it.

Gabe is just an example of many of the kinds of people that are still in need of being informed of evolving mores and such.

it is pretty sad to see him saying stuff that would get him infracted on his own forum if he were anyone else

im not going to say anything as hysterical as calling him transphobic but he's certainly straddling the borders of goosyness there

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Tangential curiosity from the previous issue:

I had never heard this "cis" term before. I've seen the acronym, but applied to a wide variety of things, none of them gender.

I have two questions about it now. First, how the hell am I supposed to pronounce it? Kiss? Siss? C.I.S.? K-eye-ss? S-eye-ss? None of them sound like real words, and it's throwing me. Second, where/when did this originate? I'd like to think I don't live in a dark cave, but this is bewilderingly new to me. Some folks are acting like this is a regular term, with common use. I don't think it is, and I'm intensely curious about it's origins.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    image1xl.jpg

i want this

but i don't $100 want it

or do i

*sweats profusely*

panda swag

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've read okcupid profiles that said not to bother messaging them if you were a cisgendered male. This is the closest I've ever come to having being cisgendered used against me.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I thought he apologized for that one.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

I had never heard this "cis" term before. I've seen the acronym, but applied to a wide variety of things, none of them gender.

I have two questions about it now. First, how the hell am I supposed to pronounce it? Kiss? Siss? C.I.S.? K-eye-ss? S-eye-ss? None of them sound like real words, and it's throwing me. Second, where/when did this originate? I'd like to think I don't live in a dark cave, but this is bewilderingly new to me. Some folks are acting like this is a regular term, with common use. I don't think it is, and I'm intensely curious about it's origins.

Pronounced siss

I don't know when it originated in this context, but it's just a Latin root, the acronym for trans. You might've heard the word Cisalpine, before (as opposed to Transalpine)? The prefix is also used in chemistry.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »
    I think Tube and mods deserve the benefit of us not talking about Gabe's twitter whatever is going on with that I don't want it to be giving the mods a headache over it.

Gabe is just an example of many of the kinds of people that are still in need of being informed of evolving mores and such.

it is pretty sad to see him saying stuff that would get him infracted on his own forum if he were anyone else

im not going to say anything as hysterical as calling him transphobic but he's certainly straddling the borders of goosyness there

Would it matter? If Gabe were 100% super transphobic, homophobic, racist, sexist king of the bigots, would you stop posting here even though he never does?

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

cis is pronounced siss
    it is latin for same
    trans is latin for opposite

cis and trans isomers are stereoisomers in chemistry

fig2_14.gif

This discussion has been closed.