As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Siegfried's Sketchbook Sendaround v3 (Let's Get Sketchy)

1235»

• Options
    NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    Woot! I'm pumped this is back up and running!

Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Eek! With moving and being injured and going away a lot, I've been slacking. I should have it sent out by the end of next week!

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Hey!

I just got back home last night from a short trip, and guess what was waiting for me?

So yeah, I have the sketchbook! And there are some really neat drawings in there so far. I will try not to keep it too long, I promise.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    it belongs in a museum!

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    So do you.

• Options
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    (not quite) 28 days later...

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    You know what would be a great xmas gift? If the sketchbook were to move onto the next person or back to me!

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    maybe we can make it a new year's resolution instead.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys, I'm a shithead and took way too long with this. I'm really terrible and I apologize. I have drawn on some pages and am ready to send it, though.

• Options
    Curious to know where it is currently (:

• Options
    GUESS WHAT CHICKEN BUTT

It's with me, I got it like a week ago. AND ITS THE SHIT

I was gonna make a post about it with some teaser scans of progress, but I've been too busy with school. Got like 3 weeks left before I'm done.

So 3 weeks might be a bit of a wait, but after that it's gonna hit the road again!! I guess we're technically halfway there??

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    Also I'd like to thank everyone for the continued interest, every time I get to hold this sketchbook in my hands I feel like I've started something awesome and holding something amazing.

I hope everyone feels that they are a part of something really cool when they get this little duder in the mail, because hey guess what, it is cool and you are pretty cool too.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    I'd like to thank everyone that has participated so far, and everyone that has kept their enthusiasm throughout the project. This sketchbook literally wouldn't exist without the support of so many great artists and friends! Years ago I just wanted something to look at that reminded me that I was a part of something bigger than myself, something I could hold in my hands to remind me that I had a group of art friends on the internet that believed in me maybe as much as I believe in them. Even though I wasn't very good at the time, I knew there had to be something I could do to contribute to the community in a meaningful way. I may not be the best or most prolific artist, but I sure as hell can organize a group of people behind a cool idea (as long as the idea is cool enough).

And yet this is only the beginning! This sketchbook has been so far but still has many more pages to fill, and many corners of the world left to see. Even if I don't see it again for years to come, I know the next time I do it will be something entirely different, and entirely special. Here's to hoping it gets to all of you safely, and for those that have yet to participate, remember that anything is possible if you want it to be.

With that being said, here's some new teaser images to get you excited about where the sketchbook has been, and where it's going next.

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

And here's a shot of the awesome comic @earthwormadam made:
    2ef79a57-2708-447c-9413-b3b86540a524.jpg

Once I can edit and compile the photos I took I'll put them up for download on Dropbox, so everyone can have a little piece o dis. Maybe do a designery pdf version for everyone that has participated??

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    IT STILL EXISTS???

I have a feeling I was still living in australia when this started out ...

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Siegfried I love seeing when this keeps popping back up to the front page of AC.
    I'm bad at art, but I would love to contribute if you're still looking for more pages to get filled (I'm slowly picking up some Copics [have a 12 color Prismacolor set] and they are so much fun even though I'm a bad).
    But, I also don't participate in AC a whole lot (love reading it, though) so I understand if you're keeping it more for regular contributors in AC.

Hope you're able to keep this thing growing; it will be truly magnificent when you're done!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    @Siegfried I love seeing when this keeps popping back up to the front page of AC.
    I'm bad at art, but I would love to contribute if you're still looking for more pages to get filled (I'm slowly picking up some Copics [have a 12 color Prismacolor set] and they are so much fun even though I'm a bad).
    But, I also don't participate in AC a whole lot (love reading it, though) so I understand if you're keeping it more for regular contributors in AC.

Hope you're able to keep this thing growing; it will be truly magnificent when you're done!

Well just PM me where you live and I'll see if I can fit you in at the end or somewhere in the middle if it is convenient. Right now the list is organized by general US region (or at least was when it was made like...3 years ago), so if you're opposite of where it's headed you can join in at the end.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    I dunno if im still on the list, but my address has changed. it's now

j.ogden
    17851 sw kinnaman rd #217
    aloha, or

• Options
    I lost everyone's address when the forums changed, so I have been doing it by PM'ing the next person for their address so everything stays current and they don't have to post that info publicly. Also to make sure that the person is still active on the forums, I had to skip one or two people because they didn't respond.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    this is a seriously cool thing going on here

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm roundabouts in Seattle, WA (if hasn't already been around here). I'm happy to fit in wherever works best for you. So just throw me on where you think works and PM me when it comes around for info.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    am i still on this list? i've had a change of address as well. it looks so good and i want to add a page!

• Options
    I think I can tack both of you on at the end, at least.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    CountBlackulaCountBlackula MarylandRegistered User regular
    Man, this looks awesome.

8JHfoFW.png Dom's Sketch Cast
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    i'm pretty sure i signed up a long while back...

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm roundabouts in Seattle, WA (if hasn't already been around here). I'm happy to fit in wherever works best for you. So just throw me on where you think works and PM me when it comes around for info.

im in portland..us back to back would make sense.

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    Thank you for posting with updates! It is so cool that this sketchbook is still traveling.

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    oh man! This book is so dope you guys! seriously, all of the previous entries are so incredible! I want to post one of my pages that I am proud of, but also don't want to so it travels in anonymity.

Anywho, I won't have it much longer, must cherish these moments...

P.S. this is like an old school google hangout.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    How did I miss this update? Keep it alive!

• Options
    Who has the sketchbook now?

• Options
    j00manjij00manji Registered User regular
    it seems like forever ago that I signed up for this. Guess it aint comin'.

'PS - this is what a portion of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated" - Mitch Hedberg
    runscapeisreallyfaggetygayuc1.png
  • Options
    NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    I check up on this every so often. This is one of those times :)

Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"
  • Options
    Me too! :D you are not alone.

• Options
    Hey guys! I have taken a too-long hiatus from the forums but I have the sketchbook and it is alive and well. I will hopefully set up a new round in the near future. Thanks for the interest and thanks for everyone that has already contributed!

Kochikens wrote: