As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So... Saint's Row IV just got Refused Classification in AU

dazorkdazork Registered User new member
Curious as to what (if anything) that means for the Saints Row IV contingency at Pax Au?

• Options
    UPDATE: Publishers Deep Silver have responded to the decision (below):

“Volition, the developer, are reworking some of the code to create a version of the game for this territory by removing the content which could cause offence without reducing the outlandish gameplay that Saints Row fans know and love.

“Saints Row IV has been awarded PEGI 18 and ESRB M ratings where fans can enjoy their time in Steelport as originally intended.” (via CVG)

Uhm... guess I was too slow, nothing to see here!

• Options
    FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    So.... we're getting a cut copy? What was the point of the R18+ Rating in the first place?!

• Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    already being discussed in the games and technology forum.

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    D4M14ND4M14N Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well this will be interesting, i doubt they can resubmit and get a result in time for PAX, normally takes months to appeal / resubmit. But i'm guessing we will be getting a hack job like L4D2 where all blood and dead bodies just disappear instantly.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I will be surprised if they get an appeal through in time for PAX.

• Options
    it'll be really interesting what we'll see at Pax I guess... I guess they can still have a booth but they can't actually have the game playing anywhere or something like that. And yeah I have to say I'm pretty upset that the classification board trusts in Australian adults only this far... effectively it seems that the status quo hasn't changed at all :(

• Options
    DavieshDaviesh Registered User regular
    We all knew that the R18+ was a compromise at best when it went through. Although a new level of violence was allowed, giving us Mortal Combat, etc, the restrictions on drugs and sex are effectively the same a MA15+ to keep the lobbyists happy. These are the things Saints Row is being pinged on.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The appropriate place to discuss opinions surrounding the SR issue would be here http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/176169/saints-row-iv-mod-tools-laser-katanas-romance-options-wall-running-terry-crews

Please keep this thread pax-related :)