As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Note to Panel Attendees...

MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
If you have no Earthly-fucking clue about the panel in which you find yourself, do yourself and everyone else a favor and STFU. DO NOT ASK RETARDED ASS QUESTIONS! I'm looking at YOU, the idiot at the Hothead panel who clearly didn't know what PA was, or comics for that matter (cartoons? wha?).

ALSO, if you wish to be late to a panel:

1) Be Quiet! Pisses me off when people have conversations outside of/going into panels (looking at you Enforcer outside the Episodic Gaming panel!).

2) Pay attention! I KNOW some of you were present when the very same ass question was asked, and you thought asking it a different way would be cute. WRONG.

3) Don't ask questions! You don't have to use the mic to query the panel. Just wait till after the panel is over to ask a question that may have been touched upon before you entered. Plus its a good excuse to speak one on one with different panelists in the industry and, if you are savvy enough, network.

Also, guy in the hat at Hothead panel: we need to talk. You don't NEED an Elite, do you?

D:

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
MJPM on

• Vortex WomanVortex Woman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, please consider asking questions that you'd really like to know the answer to, instead of questions that you think will make you look smart/interesting/unique/whatever. Nobody's going to remember how smart or interesting you were, just that you wasted all their time with a stupid question.

This also goes for the people who preface their question with "I actually have three questions, a compliment, a comment, and a rant." Ask the most pressing question, then get back in line. Stop being a mike hog. Again, people care more about what the panel has to say then about how you wish the panel would figure out a way to solve your latest guild drama.

Vortex Woman on
  • Runningblind0913Runningblind0913 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What really pissed me off at the RvB panel is when two really loud people behind me started talking up a storm, they where talking louder then the audio and I assume they where just there for the Assassin's Creed panel. But still, if it isn't your own fucking panel at least stfu for the rest of us.

IF YOU ARE DOING A Q&A DO NOT WASTE TIME WITH RETARDED QUESTIONS.

I swear to god almost every question at RvB or any other panel I went to usually started with some attempt to suck the scrotum of whoever was sitting in on the panel. And the RvB one especially had the stupid idiot questions such as, "Have you thought about ornaments" or "So I watched the Strangerhood pilot, and I didn't like it, should I watch the rest?" The only thing that kept me from getting up and leaving the stupidity of this Q&A was the way that the RvB guys backhanded the guys verbally. It was made even better by the fact when they came down they looked pissed because they thought they where witty and got told to sit down by their heroes.

Runningblind0913 on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    One idiot at the "I’m Getting Old: When Life Cuts Into Gaming" panel actually prefaced his question with a long advertisement for his website! The moderator even commented on it "OK, the advertisement is done, can we get to your question?"

Dreamwriter on
  • AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i've always thought they should station an enforcer at each microphone to hear the question before they are presented... I'm not for censorship, but saving us from stupid is ok with me!

Anexkahn on
  • IcyMidnightIcyMidnight Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MJPM wrote: »
    Also, guy in the hat at Hothead panel: we need to talk. You don't NEED an Elite, do you?

D:

Yes, yes I do. And it's AWESOME! :evil:

1253908594_383e14025d_o.jpg

1253106119_1c4cf22bb4_o.jpg

IcyMidnight on
    IcyMidnight.png
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

D:

yhst-34640480252896_1961_661625

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

D:

Seriously, you're retarded.

Profs on
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    At the BA in FPS panel.

Fuckbag: "Well, I've been playing videogames all my life, and I got an NES when I was 3. I played the classics...."

Prof. Erhardt (moderator): "Is that the question?"

Fuckbag: "well no but blah blah blah video games all my life blah blah"

Erhardt: "Just get to the fucking question already."

This happened two or three times. God damn, DigiPen has the most awesome professor ever.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

D:

yhst-34640480252896_1961_661625

Oh you have no fucking idea. I was going to ask about XBLA when I asked about physical/digital distribution, and blanked it.

A winner is me.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
This discussion has been closed.