As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Canadian Supertrip 2007

• strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Waaaahooooooo I'm excited, but making it downtown to Granville by 9:30 from West Van is going to be a bitch!

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • TorrenTorren Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    see you all at castle fun park tomorrow

Torren on
  • ZyzzyvasZyzzyvas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    smes wrote: »
    Folks taking the 11:20 Anacortes ferry tommorow:

Where should we meet up?

AND PAX FUCK YEAH!!

As far as I know it's just your car and our car since aspect is coming on Friday now, correct me if I'm wrong.

We're supposed to arrive at the terminal at least 90 min before the sailing. If all goes as planned I should be leaving my friend's house at about 8:45-9 and it's about a 30-40 min drive to the ferry. If you want to suggest a place in Sidney to meet before we enter the terminal be my guest, I'm not too familiar with Sidney. :P

What are you driving? I'll be in an '88 burgandy and grey Chevrolet Beretta.

Edit: FUCK YEAH! (My car will be blasting "America, Fuck Yeah" as we leave the boat.... :D)

Zyzzyvas on
  • ThePimpImpThePimpImp Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    America, Fuck Yeah.

Don't forget, on the way home on the boat we will be playing the sad version.

ThePimpImp on
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Deusfaux wrote: »
    I'm in Vancouver and considering going on this thing... anyone have a free spot from the area?

As in, a spot in their vehicle?

Deusfaux on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW :D

btw, blonde girl at the ddr machine or playing area 51... that's probably me.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited August 2007
    so little confusing about first step of west branch: are you guys leaving downtown at 9:00am?

and howe apparently doesnt cross granville?

what time are you expecting to be at the safeway at granville and W 71st then?

Deusfaux on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We're leaving the Safeway at 9:30.

GeeCee on
    edited August 2007
    cool. Also, I just texted you though I wasnt's sure if that was a cell or home #. Do you have a spot, or know of anyone else who does? I'm not a big person, smell good, and can pay the way.

I've also been to seattle as recently as 2 weeks ago and still have a kickass map and know my way around the particular area.

Deusfaux on
  • DMiguelDMiguel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Have good sleeps... if you can. See you all tomorrow.

DMiguel on
    edited August 2007
    Deus, if you can give me $20 for gas and can be at that Safeway for no later than 9:30 then you've got yourself a seat in my truck. I unfortunately do not have time to make any more stops, we'll be hard pressed for time as is.

GeeCee on
    edited August 2007
    If I'm not there, don't wait for me. :)

Deusfaux on
  • CaptainSpadgeCaptainSpadge Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Damnit, due to car troubles, my group won't be a part of the supertrip this year, at least not at the Kamloops waypoint. We might catch up later, but we might not so don't wait up for us.

CaptainSpadge on
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That sucks to hear!

If whoever is coming from the east could call my cell to give me a heads up when you're passing through Hope, that would be totally awesome.

b0wser on
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

LOL... The Art Gallery is one full block between Hornby and Howe and Robson and Georgia. What is commonly accepted the be the front of the building is at Horby @ Georgia, by the Olympic Clock.

I think Howe @ Granville must have been there as a typo as Granville Station is the closest SkyTrain station.... or at least we can pretend that was the reason for the typo, because you are correct, those two streets run parallel to each other. :lol:

Anyway if anyone is still planning on meeting there and heading to the Safeway waypoint via transit, you should just head to either Granville or Burrard station and skip the Gallery location. You will need to catch the 98 B-Line from the Seymour side of Granville Station or in front of Burrard Station and take it down to the 71st Ave stop. Thats the last stop BEFORE Airport Station. Most of the B Line buses have transit maps above the rear doors and announce each of the stops.

AbsintheMinded on
  • ThePimpImpThePimpImp Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    See all you guys in another country

ThePimpImp on
    edited August 2007
    It's time.

GeeCee on
    edited August 2007

"I think Howe @ Granville must have been there as a typo"

I really did think I fixed that, I must have been in error. Hopefully I'll be seeing you all in Bellingham in a mere few hours!

b0wser on
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shit, I got lost coming off the Anacortes ferry so I didn't meet you guys at the waypoint.

Edit: NM, thanks for your call b0wser. Did you guys get a bad time at the border?

smes on
    edited August 2007
    Dear fucking LORD, the parking here is $35 a night.

A NIGHT.

GeeCee on
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm at the Ramada, where is everyone else?

smes on
  • tsaiwes99tsaiwes99 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I drove 6 hours down here today... 1 hour to border, 3 hours @ border, 2 hours to La Hacienda hotel.....

I thought it was going to be a 3 hour drive according to google maps =.=

tsaiwes99 on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wow, 3 hours at the border? We were only there about half that (or a third? I was playing picross while driving in line :P)

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2007
    were you in the left lane? cuz there were ppl constanty budging in front of the right lane where I was, and those f**kers at least made me wait another full hour before arriving at the gate, which only took me half a minute to go through :x.

tsaiwes99 on
    edited August 2007
    which border crossing were you at? I went through Pac Highway, and the passenger car section was on the left...I merged into it nice and early to avoid being a dick. Didn't really see anyone budging when we were there, I was happy.

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2007
    Oh maybe thats why, i was crossing at the I5

tsaiwes99 on
    edited August 2007
    I assume you mean Peace Arch. Pac Highway leads onto I-5 as well, it's just 2 mins east of the Peace Arch crossing. But yah, *generally* Pac Highway has less of a wait.

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2007
    Now that I've had some time to relax and eat some food, I can reflect on the Trip so far.

I know there's certainly places I can improve for next year, and I'm hoping that the relative success of the CST this year will create a solid platform on which to build. When we were all standing outside the GameStop in Mt. Vernon, I saw a group I was rather impressed with. I was thinking about taking a picture, but my camera was in the car way across the lot.

b0wser on
    edited August 2007
    I wanted to take a picture of the BCAA guy breaking into my van so I could get my keys back but...it was in the van...

*sigh*

Gamestop point was awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to take part again next year :D

tr0tsky on
  • switchdriftswitchdrift Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Can someone provide room for two more bodies on the Team Trillian Part One meeting spot (I don't know if it's at Granville and Howe or 71st & Granville)? Each person is less than 6 feet in height. One is 140 lbs, the other is probably 170lbs. Both of us are guys in our late 20's. So no incentive there. But we're really nice people and we're clean! And we answer to the names Andrew and Brent. This is super-late but please let me know if you can spare room. Thanks!

switchdrift on
  • switchdriftswitchdrift Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Oh, it would be for Saturday. Thanks!

switchdrift on
    edited August 2007
    You're a little late.

GeeCee on
  • aspectaspect Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zyzzyvas wrote: »
    aspect wrote: »
    Hey guys,

We have made a group decision to head down on Friday due to cost and work constraints, so I guess we will just have to see you at the event :)

If anybody else is heading over on the 11:20am friday sailing from sidney to anacortes, look for a few people with DS's!

Sorry to hear that, and good luck not missing too much of PAX on Friday. You'll have half an hour once you get off the ferry to get to PAX before it starts. D:

We managed to hit seattle around 5pm, due to somehow being the 3rd to last car through customs even though we were in the first half of cars loaded onto the ferry. We then had to stop at safeway as one of our passengers is a diabetic and needed snacks.

In any event, not a bad trip. The pikes street suites is friggin awesome! Directly adjacent to PAX up the hill...3 beds...kitchen...enough room for like 8 people to sleep if you brought a couple cots in. There's even a giant whiteboard on the wall (?!?) and free internet.

After walking out of the last starfighter screening to prevent being arrested for stabbing catcallers in the eyes, we are now rocking some guitar hero on the TV at the room.

Glad to hear the CST worked out.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to go snag a PS3!

aspect on
    edited August 2007
    Okay since people keep phoning me and shit, I will post it here.

I will be leaving the con when it ENDS. At 6pm or so. I am parked here so if you need to drop some stuff off in my truck then let me know.

DMiguel
    BaconSandwich
    Absintheminded
    Deusfaux

I am at the con right now in BYOC. Either text me if you are at the front at 604-861-8246 or uh well I don't know, just text me if you wanna drop off your bags.

GeeCee on
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This is posted in the I5 construction thread, but is maybe a little more applicable here too.
    The I5 in South Everett will be completely closed to northbound traffic by midnight
    # DRIVER ALERT! Saturday, August 25 - Tuesday, August 28 - Crews will close northbound I-5 from 128th Street SE to SR 527 overnight to demolish the 112th Street bridge. Traffic will detour to SR 527.

* Saturday, August 25 - Crews will close two lanes at 11 p.m. with all lanes closed by midnight. One lane will reopen by 7 a.m., a second at 8 a.m., a third at 10 a.m. and all lanes will open by noon.
    * Sunday, August 26 - Crews will close two lanes at 9 p.m., a third at 11 p.m. with all lanes closed at midnight. One lane will reopen at 5 a.m. with all lanes open by 6 a.m.
    * Monday, August 27 - Crews will close two lanes at 9 p.m., a third at 11 p.m. with all lanes closed at midnight. One lane will reopen at 5 a.m. with all lanes open by 6 a.m.

More information here.

Theros on
    edited August 2007
    What the hell, I thought they were done.

GeeCee on
    edited August 2007
    geecee - i was texting you

im staying till end of omegathon/goodbyes from G&T... so around 6ish

I got my bags being kept in the sheraton so just down the block.

you have my # (the one starts with 780)

keep in touch around the time it ends. thanx a million.

Deusfaux on
  • DMiguelDMiguel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    GeeCee I'm trying to find out when and where to meet up to leave. I have to get my bag from Crown Plaza before we go.

DMiguel on
    edited August 2007
    Okay, if you're getting a ride from me then meet me at parking garage pay stations on the third floor or thereabouts. I will be parked on the UPPER (blue section) in the two hour only parking zone. I will not be there any earlier than 6PM. Meet me there, I can swing by your hotels to get bags or whatnot.

GeeCee on
    edited August 2007
    geecee is the mannnnnn!

Deusfaux on
This discussion has been closed.