As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guild Wars

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For all you people who haven't been on in a very long time, they have patched the UI and such so that you have much more information on how much damage you are dealing and receiving and what spells and skills are hitting you. Its too much for me to remember specifically but I know its alot.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm unable to play this weekend, but am very excited about GWENs full release.

You know what I mean.

Akinos on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Akinos wrote: »

You know what I mean.

...Oh god. Thanks.

So how do I go about accessing sneak peak content (if it's still available)? I only play PVP so I'm none too familiar with the PvE section, though my sister has a lv20 Prophecies monk I can use.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Airan wrote: »

You know what I mean.

...Oh god. Thanks.

So how do I go about accessing sneak peak content (if it's still available)? I only play PVP so I'm none too familiar with the PvE section, though my sister has a lv20 Prophecies monk I can use.

Talk to Len Caldoron in Lion's Arch

Rook on
  • Options
    AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Airan wrote: »

You know what I mean.

...Oh god. Thanks.

I seriously meant that I am excited about Guild Wars Eye of the North! Only after I typed it did I realize...

Akinos on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow, Obsidian Spur is still around...although it seems that besides myself and the Guild Leader, two people have signed on in the past week. :P

At least I still have my shiny cape though.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Does it really matter? In the end, KCHS >>>> OS :P

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Just to make sure I am doing this right...I am playing the original Guild Wars, trying to get a character to 20. Most of my experience should be coming from quests, right? It seems like any area that gives me decent monster XP requires plenty of backup, and is still tough.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, if you just follow the main story in the original I think you're pretty much guaranteed to hit 20 by the time you ascend unless you skip a bunch of it.

Should I play GW instead of writing my paper y/n/m?

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Fodder wrote: »
    Yeah, if you just follow the main story in the original I think you're pretty much guaranteed to hit 20 by the time you ascend unless you skip a bunch of it.

Should I play GW instead of writing my paper y/n/m?

Wait for the full retail :p

Rook on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Play gw with me rook, I'm so bored D:

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    From what I've played, GW:EN looks fantastic. And we didn't even see one of the 14 huge dungeons yet.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I don't think I should get GWEN though, I don't have time for that >_<

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am really loving the solo missions. Beating the first one in Eye of the North with my ranger is pretty much the high light of this past year with him.

Did anyone else crash with the second solo mission with the dwarf in Gunnar's Hold?

What is on the disk?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Woot, level 13. If I keep this up, maybe I'll be 20 in time for GWEN so I can join you guys.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sooo.... how is GWEN overall? I'm debating buying it. I have Prophecies and Factions, but never picked up nightfall. And the hall of monuments too - worth it?

Geod on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well i for one am buying it (unless i hear really bad things about it), but not for a while yet. I'm on the last mission in Prophecies (fuck you Sparks!!) and am about a third of the way through Factions (fuck you everything ever!!!) and will be getting into Nightfall proper once i'm stuck on there. I don't plan on getting GW:EN until i'm a good way through all 3 campaigns, although i'd rather finish them all.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Geod wrote: »
    Sooo.... how is GWEN overall? I'm debating buying it. I have Prophecies and Factions, but never picked up nightfall. And the hall of monuments too - worth it?

Nightfall is WAY better than prophecies and Factions. EotN looks to be a step up from Nightfall, and if you consider it's expansion priced, not full retail price, how can you go wrong?
    Fodder wrote:
    Play gw with me rook, I'm so bored
    Sorry, that was like my bedtime post. I'll play next week

(dreaming of big daddies and little sisters - wtf?)

Rook on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If any of you guys have problems with a mission, my main character has beaten every single mission of each campaign. I'm trying to re-do some of them with the Master rating (or Bonus for Prophecies) to complete a few title tracks, so, give Trillian Rubicant a call.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Crap, I just remembered that I hadn't ever beaten Nightfall because the Party mission did something stupid right before I beat it and that I got disgusted and quit. Now I know what I'm going to be doing this week >_<

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I am weak and preordered, apparently they're shipping it on the 28th with 2 day shipping so hopefully I'll get it by friday. There goes me getting anything done over the weekend >_<

And rook, you can't be a trailblazer, you should play with me

At least on one character

You can blaze trails in a little bit

But not too much :O

Do we get more character slots/classes with GWEN?

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nah no new slots or classes, just a whole bunch of awesome although some of the PvE skills (cough Blessings) make it soooooo easy.

Stealthc on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    What are the reqs. for playing the GWEN campaign, aside from being level 20? Do you have to beat one of the campaigns/be ascended?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Holy crap, I didn't realize it was coming out already. Went straight online and preordered there since there seems to be no collector's edition this time.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I realized that my dervish I'm taking through the nightfall campaign has the worlds crappiest scythe, and I think I'm nearly done with the campaign, does anyone know where a good scythe drops?

Also, that dream mission is a pain :(

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Chests are a good source imo, but you could go through a lot of keys (and therefore money) to find an item you can use. Other than that, i'm a bit lost myself :|

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    DeadshotDeadshot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Djiem wrote: »
    From what I've played, GW:EN looks fantastic. And we didn't even see one of the 14 huge dungeons yet.

The dungeons are far from huge.

The longest one (Frostmaw's Burrows) takes around an hour with just heroes/henchmen and around 40-45 mins with two people using heroes.

Too bad they haven't added anything challanging yet, the best part was the dwarven boxing.

Deadshot on
    o ok
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dervish collector weapons perhaps? Myself I switch between the cold scythe from the pre-order bonus and Eshekibeh's Scythe

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I remembered that the preorder items probably had a scythe, and then found out that I didn't have the nightfall /bonus thing, just the factions one >_<

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkySky Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So let me ask you guys this:

Based on what we see other MMO's doing, what would you want to see in Guild Wars 2?

I'm thinking of making a video for Youtube that will be a message directed towards the makers of GW.

Sky on
  • Options
    DeadshotDeadshot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sky wrote: »
    So let me ask you guys this:

Based on what we see other MMO's doing, what would you want to see in Guild Wars 2?

I'm thinking of making a video for Youtube that will be a message directed towards the makers of GW.

Or you could either post on a fansite or tell arenanet directly.

You know, so they'll read it.

Deadshot on
    o ok
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Fodder wrote: »
    I realized that my dervish I'm taking through the nightfall campaign has the worlds crappiest scythe, and I think I'm nearly done with the campaign, does anyone know where a good scythe drops?

Also, that dream mission is a pain :(

I've got a max scythe if you want, and I'll trialblaze with you! (except on saturday)

Rook on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man I'm still playing BioShock, and moving Friday. I'll be way behind if I ever get the expansion.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Halfway to 15 in the original campaign now, I'm a bit past the Frost Gate. I just checked my title tab under the Hero menu and noticed there are 25 missions to complete. I have like, 6 or 7 on my map, maybe 8. Am I that early in the game? Are there like a bunch of them for level 20's? It seems like I have way too much to go through considering what level I'm at.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    TxdoHawk wrote: »
    Halfway to 15 in the original campaign now, I'm a bit past the Frost Gate. I just checked my title tab under the Hero menu and noticed there are 25 missions to complete. I have like, 6 or 7 on my map, maybe 8. Am I that early in the game? Are there like a bunch of them for level 20's? It seems like I have way too much to go through considering what level I'm at.

It's not just what level you are... a lot of progression has to do with the skills that you've acquired.

And yeah, it terms of the story you're not even to halfway yet.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    you still have about 3 "areas" to go yet.
    Rook, you should be on MSN or xfire more often.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm totally on steam.

Rook on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    So, any of you dervish players run a particularly good PvE setup? I have a tough time micromanaging more than 3 enchantments, those being divine intervention, dust cloak, and some other earth thing. I heard they've made wind mastery worth taking with GWEN, but I dunno. I'm just getting back into GW after months of inactivity, and I'm lost :O

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I know how you feel.

Right now my dervish (who is about halfway through the campaign now I think) is using
    Heart of Holy Flame
    Zealous Renewal
    Balthazar's Rage
    Faithful Intervention
    Mystic Vigor
    Mystic Sweep
    Chilling Victory
    Sunspear signet

It's decent at aoe damage if you can get enemies in a cluster and theres not too much renewing of enchantments, which are really important to it.

Feel free to tell me if this is retarded and suggest something else.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you're new to Guild Wars and hell-bent on getting to level 20 in order to play Eye of the North, Factions is your best bet. Due to the setup of the starting quests, if you take them all in the right order you can rocket to 20 in just a couple play sessions. My best time is like 14.5 hours played (I decided to get a 20 of each class to have my options open).

Edit @ Fodder: Your skills look pretty good, but i would suggest adding in an attack skill that lets you manipulate your enchantments; that's the real strength of the dervish. Pious Assault, for example is excellent for spamming over and over, while stripping your enchanments and causing their effects. Also, no dervish should go without the Elite Avatar of their choosing. Also, pick up your sunspear pve skill at the hero trainer, all of them are very nice, and you can get one for any secondary as well.

pantsy on