As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm The Best At What I Do And What I Do Is [The Wolverine]

19596979899101»

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    But he has literally no agency in the movie and actively does everything everyone tells him to do. He is the opposite of that.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    there was also the one where hugo strange learned batman's secret identity and held an auction for it where all the other villains showed up and then robin showed up wearing stilts and a muscle suit and a batman costume so it looked like bruce wayne and batman were in the same place at once and the bad guys went after strange for trying to bamboozle them

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    for someone who complains about christ symbolism so much you sure are spending a lot of time up on that cross

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mp9knnyD991s792qyo4_500.jpg

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I need an admin

Xehalus on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    there was also the one where hugo strange learned batman's secret identity and held an auction for it where all the other villains showed up and then robin showed up wearing stilts and a muscle suit and a batman costume so it looked like bruce wayne and batman were in the same place at once and the bad guys went after strange for trying to bamboozle them

I believe that was after batman replaced hugo strange's tape that proved bruce wayne was batman with a fabricated tape where hugo strange went on a rant about his incredible plan to bilk all the greatest criminals of gotham

and of course hugo strange showed it to them

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The thing is, if you take out all the stuff in this movie that is problematic for Superman as a character then you have nothing to talk about. Everything except maaaaybe how the fight scenes looked is pretty mediocre. Not really the franchise builder they wanted it to be.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    But he has literally no agency in the movie and actively does everything everyone tells him to do. He is the opposite of that.

i agree, the movie failed to follow through on the theme that it was trying to convey

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    for someone who complains about christ symbolism so much you sure are spending a lot of time up on that cross

yeah i'm totally just making up the shitty attitude people have towards other opinions about these movies not like people are calling snyder and goyer morally bankrupt in this very thread or anything like that

• Options
    it's called a twist

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    what if the guy who looked like george clooney called him his friend was getting exclusive stories with him and whenever george clooney was around he had to run off to do errands

I'd think,

this motherfucker is george clooney

Man

Remember in Oceans 12 when their entire plan revolved around the fact that one of the characters "Looks so much like Julia Roberts!"

I have never been a "yell at the screen" kind of person but I'm pretty sure I yelled "what the fuck" in the theater.

This has nothing to do with Superman, I just wanted to remind everyone that Oceans 12 is terrible.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I thought the Julia Roberts joke was actually kind of funny.

And I thought this movie was kind of....actually I pretty much agree with Buttlord. You can tell the movie wanted to do some things, and it even tried to do some things. The actually execution of those things, though, was bad.

It had good ideas, just terrible decisions.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    all Ocean's movies are good

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    At some point I saw a rather convincing article proving that Lex Luthor was Batman. It was from a few years ago, around the time of 52 though so it's uses out-of-date facts and such.

Offhand I remember it had stuff like:

*Superman always visiting him at his office, so obviously they're friends.
    *Lex's attempt to rebuild Gotham after the quake.
    *Lex and Batman both being seen wearing the Kryptonite Ring.
    *Batman obviously needs a lot of money to do what he does, and the only other person that could provide that kind of funding is that idiot Bruce Wayne who is always getting into skiing accidents and car wrecks.
    *Speaking of Bruce Wayne, he was handed his vast fortune merely by being born and wastes it away partying all the time, while Lex built himself up from nothing and is always trying to better himself. Lex is also a keen inventor, allowing him to have created some of the vehicles and gadgets that Batman uses.
    *Lex revealed that an evil version of himself from another universe was responsible for all the wrong-doings he was accused of. You know who else has an evil version from another universe? Batman (with Owlman). And why would a regular business man have an evil alternate universe double? That only happens to superheroes!

There was also something about the time Bruce Wayne was arrested for murder and escaped and fled to a South American country to hide out until some never-before-seen assassin gets turned over to the police as the "real killer." I can't remember how it was worded but it was basically supposed to imply Bruce was a shady dude who bought a confession from someone else and that there was no way this guy could be a superhero.

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    And I thought this movie was kind of....actually I pretty much agree with Buttlord. You can tell the movie wanted to do some things, and it even tried to do some things. The actually execution of those things, though, was bad.

It had good ideas, just terrible decisions.

thank you

like i honestly don't mind superman as alien jesus, just don't shove my nose in it while screaming DO YOU GET IT HE'S JESUS HE'S LITERALLY FUCKING JESUS

i like the idea of superman being the ultimate expression of free will (which ain't all that out there), and positioning the bad guys as predestination and fate and just an utter lack of choice

it failed to deliver (the closest you can really get is that he chooses between the two paths his fathers have envisioned for him) but it's still a good idea

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

I believe that was after batman replaced hugo strange's tape that proved bruce wayne was batman with a fabricated tape where hugo strange went on a rant about his incredible plan to bilk all the greatest criminals of gotham

and of course hugo strange showed it to them

"Wait! That's not the right tape!"

*BLAM*

"I'm goign to use your head for a bowling ball"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Also, the comic that Hugo Strange episode is based on is better than the episode (also in the episode Dick Grayson actually disguised himself as Bruce Wayne which was a little more ridiculous than disguising himself as Batman as it required him to have a Mission Impossible mask or whatever).

In the comic storyline (which was written by the same guy who wrote the Laughing Fish), Joker only attends the auction so that he can tell Hugo Strange that if he reveals the secret to anyone, he's going to kill the fuck out of him for spoiling his fun. Then...
    Rupert Thorne shows up to attempt to beat the secret out of Hugo, but this just causes Hugo to decide that he was the only one smart enough to figure it out so the others don't deserve it.
    So the thugs beat him to death and he ends up haunting Rupert Thorne as a ghost.
    The ghost thing eventually gets retconned but I haven't read the issues where it happens so I don't know how they undo it.

Both the Laughing Fish and the whole Hugo Strange arc are collected in a trade called Strange Apparitions.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Plane comes to a complete stop

Joker immediately jumps out and belly-flops onto the ground, wearing a parachute

God I love this cartoon

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.