As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria: Patch 5.4 Free epics ! By the way, we have a new Warchief.

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited September 2013 in MMO Extravaganza
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

The fourth expansion. New stuff:

New continent: Pandaria. http://www.wowpedia.org/Pandaria

New race: Pandaren. http://www.wowhead.com/race=25

New class: Monk. http://www.wowhead.com/class=10

New talent system: http://www.wowhead.com/talent

New challenges: Challenge Mode. http://www.wowpedia.org/Challenge_Mode

New dungeon type: Scenarios. http://www.wowpedia.org/Scenario

New way to spend lots of time: Pet Battles. http://www.wowpedia.org/Pet_battles

New way to get your hands dirty: Sunsong Ranch. http://www.wowpedia.org/Sunsong_Ranch

New patch: Patch 5.4: The Siege of Orgimmar. Connected Realms ! Flex Raiding ! The Timeless Isle ! Killing Garrosh Hellscream ! Woo Hoo !! http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3376-Patch-5-4-Live-This-Week

Patch 5.4: The Siege of Orgrimmar coming September 10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ
Also, Blizzard trademarked a videogame title of "The Dark Below." Next WOW expansion, maybe ? Nope, 'twas a hoax.

You're right, the OP is not very pretty, but we make up in information what we lack in color.

Fairchild on

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    This thread brought to you by the tears of Warlocks, fuelled by Kil'Jaeden's Cunning.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    This thread also brought you to by man chickens, soon to be 60% more plump than before.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    This thread brought to you by the tears of Warlocks, fuelled by Kil'Jaeden's Cunning.

It'll still be quite good with the shift back to being passive, just on select spells.

Just sayin. :P

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I know this is old news, but wasn't Project Titan supposed to be some kind of shooter based MMO?

This may be fan-boyism on my part, but I like to think that ME3 MP was part of the reason why they took it back to the drawing board. ME3 may have some issues, but man, they sure did a fucking fantastic job on making fun combat in a power based shooter. And if Project Titan is a shooter with powers, they sure as hell can't find better inspiration than ME3's combat.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    There's been so much rumors and speculation on Titan it's almost better to ignore it until they actually say something. I remember originally hearing it was a shooter, maybe even a Starcraft MMO. Then I heard it was basically WoW 2, or some generic high fantasy. Recently I heard it was all about various mythology/ancient relgions/legends in the same game world. For all we know it could actually be Rock and Roll Racing: Online.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Auto Assault only done properly by Blizzard? Yes please.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    nobody has any idea what titan is/was

although rock'n'roll racing online would be amazing

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know. I'm just in a speculating mood.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of switching to holy priest. I have loved disc priest for a long time but I don't like healing through DPS and it's so powerful to do that as a disc priest.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    holy is civilization

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    ...I thought they fixed the sigils so you'd stop getting ones you already had?

• Options
    ...I thought they fixed the sigils so you'd stop getting ones you already had?

Nope!

In 5.4. Why they couldn't hotfix it in 6 months ago, who knows.

But yeah. They'll also drop in 5.2 LFR.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    I'm thinking of switching to holy priest. I have loved disc priest for a long time but I don't like healing through DPS and it's so powerful to do that as a disc priest.

you could still shield and penance and such

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Disc is in a weird spot right now. I have to agree, I don't like it at all. Atonement healing was great fun when it was limited to something like, Heroic Halfus where you had the huge damage buff... But it's not that fun to me when it's the best way to heal everything. I ended up going back to holy for the first time since.... Ulduar, yeah, wow. It's a little worse on mana but I'd rather deal with that and hit more than two buttons.

As for anyone interested in an MMO-y Shooter (Spoilered since it has nothing to do with WoW or Blizz):
    Check out Warframe, it's pretty great for $0. It has a LoL style microtransaction system; virtually everything that can be bought can be earned in game. (I think the only thing that can't be farmed are additional character/weapon slots, but you get 50 starter currency that you can use to buy them.) Did I mention it's free?

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well that was fun get into the 2nd part of the Thunder King LFR. my modem dies on Ji'Kun, I get it to work a few minutes later and get kicked

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well that was fun get into the 2nd part of the Thunder King LFR. my modem dies on Ji'Kun, I get it to work a few minutes later and get kicked

People in LFR have less than no patience for anyone offline or not accepting a rez.

I had the nerve to get up and make my kid a bottle while there was a retard rodeo of wipes on the trash before Empress from asshats who thought it was funny to pull and quit. So after about 10 minutes or so I stood up to get a bottle.

I get back and see some "he's not accepting a rez, kick him", I accept the rez and promptly got kicked.

Annoying as shit.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Woo, one secret off the first two ToT LFR's this week, putting me at 17/20.

Hoping for some better luck in the back half.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I do find it interesting the exp you get if you below 65 is insane from the fires
    Above meh

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

People in LFR have less than no patience for anyone offline or not accepting a rez.

I had the nerve to get up and make my kid a bottle while there was a retard rodeo of wipes on the trash before Empress from asshats who thought it was funny to pull and quit. So after about 10 minutes or so I stood up to get a bottle.

I get back and see some "he's not accepting a rez, kick him", I accept the rez and promptly got kicked.

Annoying as shit.
    Generally people aren't as kickhappy if you say you'll be afk and even moreso if you say why you'll be afk. If you just leave and no one knows where you are then they're going to generally not give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    Well, whether or not I should have said anything after sitting there for 15 minutes and 3 wipes waiting for people to stop being shitheels, is besides the point that it's annoying. I didn't really feel the need to justfy to them the need to feed my kid when we weren't actually playing.

My own fault? Possibly. Still annoying as shit? Yep.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Almost the same thing just happened to me, only it was right after Megaera. Now I have to do the damn trash all over again.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Well, whether or not I should have said anything after sitting there for 15 minutes and 3 wipes waiting for people to stop being shitheels, is besides the point that it's annoying. I didn't really feel the need to justfy to them the need to feed my kid when we weren't actually playing.

How long were you gone? "Make my kid a bottle" sounds like it's not a quick action. You may have a point if they waited 10 seconds after rezzing before kicking you. Even more so if you had mentioned you were going AFK for an extended period of time. If on the other hand it was 2 minutes or more, with everybody else up and ready with you being the hold-up, then yeah it's easier to boot your ass and get another dps (I'm assuming) instantly. Sorry to say buddy, but you're kind of the shitheel here, and your reason as to why is moot because again, you didn't bother to tell anybody. I personally can't stand people who AFK for minutes at a time with no response, and with no clue on when the hell they'll be back. Doubly so if they're one of the assholes who do it just outside a potential barrier, because you just know they're now going to bitch about being locked out.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    aaaaaaaaargh

1.9% wipe on heroic prim. Seriously, that's like 4 pyroblasts from a kill. Whyyyyyyyy

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you'd never finish an LFR if you waited for everybody who ever went afk for five minutes to come back

we two shot animus this week which was really gratifying considering how annoying learning it was. So starting tomorrow we get to wipe on lei shen from now until the end of the tier, but at least it seems less annoying to learn than animus was.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Finally got Jin'rokh heroic down last night, after a halfhearted week of attempts and another week of more focused attempts. Last night, we were determined to not kill any other boss until we got Jinny down. And for whatever reason, I couldn't dodge balls to save my life. By the end of things, I was popping Ghost Wolf + Spirit Walk and then playing Yakkity Sax. I ended up dying on the kill, on the third transition I think. I'm chalking it up to just a shitty night.

We had just enough time left to push out a N-Horri kill, so we should be able to power through the place tonight. I'm hoping we can get another Lei Shen kill in because all of our casters still need that damn offhand.

It's a great feeling! My first Heroic current-content kill since ICC (where my old guild went 11/12H 25M). I feel like a real raider now!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Finally got Jin'rokh heroic down last night, after a halfhearted week of attempts and another week of more focused attempts. Last night, we were determined to not kill any other boss until we got Jinny down. And for whatever reason, I couldn't dodge balls to save my life. By the end of things, I was popping Ghost Wolf + Spirit Walk and then playing Yakkity Sax. I ended up dying on the kill, on the third transition I think. I'm chalking it up to just a shitty night.

We had just enough time left to push out a N-Horri kill, so we should be able to power through the place tonight. I'm hoping we can get another Lei Shen kill in because all of our casters still need that damn offhand.

It's a great feeling! My first Heroic current-content kill since ICC (where my old guild went 11/12H 25M). I feel like a real raider now!

Gratz!

Oddly enough, I didn't have much trouble dodging the balls, but as a kid I played a lot of bullet hell games (1942 and R-type, I'm looking at you!).

In my own guild's news...I managed to sit out the majority of the raid last night, and was brought in to dps on our progression attempt on H Ji'kun, as the sole melee dps. Man, fuck that fight as melee. I had at least one instance of Ji'kun dropping a cluster of 3 puddles right on top of me, and given that a single puddle ticks for around 150k and I wasn't at full because of a recent quills...

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    I got my 12th runestone last night, re-ran ToT to get the heart, and am ready to start wiping on the scenario. I have a ret spec that is awesomely geared, and a tank spec that is moderately geared. I don't have a ton of time tonight before raid. I'm guessing the tank one would be easier, since LOL melee.

• Options
    I'm already debating running that scenario as Ele in my shitty Resto set.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

We were working on that last night, but then our healer DC'd and couldn't get his internet working again, so we ended up doing stuff on normal and going for some of the achievements. Vent was great when everyone realized the first achievement involved "making balls touch."

Anyways, so I got home early yesterday to finally get my cloak done. I only needed one Titan Runestone, and of course, didn't drop from Iron Qon or Consorts, so I had to run Pinnacle of Storms twice -_- Also, seriously, FUCK that melee challenge. What the hell is that? I finally got it but that was waaaay overtuned.

But at least now I have my cloak. Yay :D I also went in and killed the last boss of Brawler's Guild, so I am now Rank 10 :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Grats on Brawlers!

In other news, I still suck at Maly drakes. I couldn't burn him past 50% when I tried to solo. I should have had him in the mount phase but I suck at self heals and keeping up stacks. I was hoping to be able to burn him enough in the first phase that he'd fall over in P3. I don't *think* I missed any cooldowns but it's possible. I may try again tonight for shits.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Ugg, Maly is annoying as shit to solo. I hate the mount phase. My rogue can't hit him when he flies up in P1 either so I lose a ton of DPS time and have to make that up in P3 when it really sucks and is annoying. He's actually easier to solo on my undergeared hunter/boomkin :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The melee one is doable as ret, just a huge pain in the ass. Some general tips if you do go through with the melee one:

Wrathion is stunnable, use this to get some extra backarc time on him. I went with Fist on this one since there's no way to Burden of Guilt all the slimes that will be chasing you. Wrathion is also vulnerable to Blinding Light, though (IIRC, but the slimes may be too)

If he's stationary and you have only a couple of slimes up, let them beat on you till about 50% while you cleave onto them. Any more than 4, and I'd switch to them to burst them down, and even kite them long enough to get the FoL procs.

When he does the mirror image phase, just swap to seal of righteousness, and dive into the largest group possible to aoe, you will likely need to bubble depending on how far out you were from kiting slimes.

• Options
    I only managed to do it because I somehow didn't get a mirror image phase. That was, 100% of the time, what killed me. Because I'd always have slimes up too.

• Options

How long were you gone? "Make my kid a bottle" sounds like it's not a quick action. You may have a point if they waited 10 seconds after rezzing before kicking you. Even more so if you had mentioned you were going AFK for an extended period of time. If on the other hand it was 2 minutes or more, with everybody else up and ready with you being the hold-up, then yeah it's easier to boot your ass and get another dps (I'm assuming) instantly. Sorry to say buddy, but you're kind of the shitheel here, and your reason as to why is moot because again, you didn't bother to tell anybody. I personally can't stand people who AFK for minutes at a time with no response, and with no clue on when the hell they'll be back. Doubly so if they're one of the assholes who do it just outside a potential barrier, because you just know they're now going to bitch about being locked out.

It takes no more than one minute to make a bottle. The formula is already made, you just pour it in a bottle, warm it up a few seconds and give it to him.

And give me a fucking break. You guys sound like you'd be the sort of siblings who all watch TV together when you're not supposed to and then when you stop early and the one brother gets caught, just tell him it was his fault for still watching, when you were all in the wrong too.

What I'm saying is, the accusatory attitude I'm getting around here, is pretty fucking goosey. Yeah, it's ok to stand around for 10-15 minutes of wipes, I'm sure plenty of people got up and pissed etc, but I just happened to be the guy who got up in that magical tiny window that it finally stopped so its clearly entirely my fault.

Bunch of fucking gooses all up ins.

• Options
    Really when who has said that had to take care of children I will wait for and I have covered for them in battlegrounds
    Well I have covered for people in battlegrounds whom said they had to take care of a kangaroo

• Options
    So this is about a month old, but I think it didn't get enough attention when it came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLP-ugJP7g

In short: the accessibility in the game is causing its detriment. Preach took a rogue through LFR and actively tried to be the worst player in the raid (he even tried to get his ~4yo daughter to play during Lei Shen). He still managed to kill all bosses and no one even noticed how badly he was performing. He even beat people in DPS on a few occasions!Worth at least listening to in the background if you have the time.

He goes out of his way to point out that LFR is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself; which I agree.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Sometimes the goose really is you. Ran Vortex Pinnacle on my Shadow Priest last nite and missed the tornado jump that leads to the last boss. Missing the jump blows you back to the start of the instance, but the group graciously agreed to wait for me to run back. In my run I forgot to stun the Gale guards, who-- wait for it-- blow you back to the start of the instance. At this point the group decided to stop waiting for Mr. Bean to stumble and fumble his way to them and pulled and killed the boss without me, and I really couldn't blame them.

• Options
    Speaking of Shadow Priests, Holy Moley, those guys whoop some arse. They have no weaknesses.

• Options
    So this is about a month old, but I think it didn't get enough attention when it came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLP-ugJP7g

In short: the accessibility in the game is causing its detriment. Preach took a rogue through LFR and actively tried to be the worst player in the raid (he even tried to get his ~4yo daughter to play during Lei Shen). He still managed to kill all bosses and no one even noticed how badly he was performing. He even beat people in DPS on a few occasions!Worth at least listening to in the background if you have the time.

He goes out of his way to point out that LFR is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself; which I agree.

I can't see them from work, but generally my experience is that if somebody is trolling an LFR, they can easily delay loot rolls and prevent votekicks by prematurely pulling bosses/skipped mobs. Of course, I also seem to remember seeing kick timers for some people in LFR, which should say something....

This discussion has been closed.