As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb]'s Tricky "Scoops" Klepek Farewell Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeah I've seen those daft punk figures, they look sorta not good.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Not $45 good anyway.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Well that's pretty standard for figarts, I'm sure they will be good quality but the sculpts look bad. The torso seems really thick and do to the nature of their outfits you can't really hide the joints at all.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    No figures are worth the stupid amounts they charge.

Not that that stops me buying a bunch of them.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    i dunno, i mean

it only takes one transphobic joke to render me incapable of enjoying something

Do you mean this in the sense of if there's one of those jokes in an episode you can't enjoy that episode or if there's one of those jokes in any episode you can't enjoy any other episode even if that's the only time it happened?

Because the latter seems extreme to me, it's possible to disapprove or dislike aspects of a thing while still appreciating the whole. The more prevalent that aspect is the harder that is to do obviously. Let's say there's 30 such jokes across the entirety of mst3k, that's a number totally out of my ass obviously. And let's say those 30 jokes are spread across 14 episodes.

You'd be unable to just set those episodes aside and enjoy the other 300 hours of content that is free of that stuff?

And as Grey Ghost said it's not an excuse for it but you're going to run into uncomfortable or unfortunate depictions of any number of things when you are devouring older media. The James Bond books and movies can often be both misogynistic and racist, but that dosen't mean I hate James Bond, I understand how to place those views in the context of the times they were made.

Sometimes it's too much, like I think You Only Live Twice and Live and Let Die are pretty unwatchable in large part because of how central that stuff is to both those movies, but that dosen't mean I won't get down with Goldfinger or Dr. No

Goldfinger features Bond fucking a gay woman straight, so uh yeah.

sig.gif
  • Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Actually no. In the film there is no mention of Pussy Galore being gay.
    That is only in the book.

B_R on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    Compared to SR1, SR3/4 have a larger degree of customization. Probably a bit less than SR2, though. It's always possible it's missing the one clothing item you need to make an outfit perfect, though.

One of my biggest gripes about the SR3 wardrobe was that there were no regular eyeglasses and the closest thing they had were 'hipster glasses'.

regular eyeglasses are in, as are new tattoos (plus all of the SR2 tattoos)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think I'm finally going to finish beating the first Uncharted. Then I have a few other games to slog through but I'm hoping to have at least half my backlog done by the end of summer so I can pick up FF XVI or WOW again

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    B_R wrote: »
    Actually no. In the film there is no mention of Pussy Galore being gay.
    That is only in the book.

It's pretty strongly implied from what I remember. Of course they couldn't just outright state it because it was the 60s and you couldn't have an openly gay character in a movie.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The worst movie MST3K did is Red Zone Cuba

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.