As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Washington State - Island, Skagit, or Whatcom County PAX'ers/gamers???

RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX General Discussion
Was wondering if there are any PAX'ers, tabletop, or console gamers on Island, Skagit, or Whatcom Counties? Having Seattle Meetups are great, but it would be nice to find more PAX'ersand gamers near me... since Seattle is at least 2 1/2 hours away, and I'm trying to re-learn Magic.

Moe Fwacky on

• MidnightMidnight Enforcer & Mojangsta Burlington, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not sure about attendees, but I do know that there are at least three enforcers in Oak Harbor, one (me) in Burlington, and like two in Bellingham. If you're looking for more gamers (especially MTG), try Docking Bay 93 in Mount Vernon. My buddy Dan owns and runs the place, and it's a pretty cool place.

• RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Who are the enforcers here in Oak Harbor? It would be awesome, if we could all get together for some console or tabletop gaming some time. I've got a couple versions of Axis & Allies, Zombies, Zombie Munchkin, Battlestar Galactica, Star Fleet Battles, and MTG...

I'm surprised this thread is still open... but once again, I'm on a quest to find PC, console, and especially tabletop gamers in the Island County area. It would be nice to organize meetups, that don't require more travel time then time I'd actually spend gaming, lol. Even Docking Bay 93 in Mount Vernon is almost an hour away, and Seattle is at least 2 hours. So I don't suppose, anyone fits that bill, or has a good suggestion?

• japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    heya! There is a Bellingham board gamers group that meets every Sunday night from 6-10pm at Rudy's Pizza on N. State st in Bellingham. We have a pretty vibrant board-gaming group. I know its a bit far from Oak Harbor, but if you're ever in the area, come on in!

7jIDTca.png
    edited March 2013
    I'm throwing the bone out again, in hopes of finding other gamers in Island, Skagit, or maybe even Whatcom Counties, that are looking to play primarily tabletop, but perhaps console and PC games as well. While Seattle is an option, a 2-3 hour trip each way, is often a bit too much travel just to play a game. I just got both expansions to Battlestar Galactica, so I'm definitely looking to play those. I also have Star Wars X-Wing with Ties, Advance Ties, X-Wings, Slave One, and the Millenium Falcon, for which I'm looking for players. My other tabletop games include Cards Against Humanity (all 3 expansions and PAX East cards), Castle Ravenlloft, Zombie Munchkin, Zombies (with Zombie Clowns expansion), Sentinels of the Multiverse, and Axis & Allies. So, anyone else out there in a similar situation, looking for other gamers?

Redwingedblackbird on
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I'm out in Anacortes and always on the hunt for gaming pals. Unfortunately I'm also a chef who works six days a week so outside of Sunday evenings and my day off my only gaming happens at the Brown Lantern Game Night.

Which is cool, I usually am able to introduce something fun that people can play while drinking.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • ShadicShadic Registered User regular
    What about anybody in the Thurston area? It's pretty dead down here.

• shlugendahshlugendah Registered User new member
    I'm in San Juan county, on Orcas. I have an xbox, and usually just play console games. I'm always looking to play with fun people!

• KodiSirKodiSir SeattleRegistered User regular
    I lived on the Island for years. Headed South. Still, knowing Oak Harbor there's like a 90% chance I know you.

• TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    If your near Lynden WA Whatcom County, check out Hero's Resource they have a game room with events (Friday Night Magic, DnD Encounters, Munckin nights to name a few) a friendly geek staff and good selection of table top games, RPG supplies and a growing group of gamers. https://www.facebook.com/HeroesResource?fref=ts

• NovatorNovator Registered User new member
    Yep reviving a dead thread. My wife and I recently moved to Oak Harbor and are looking to make some connections with people. We are both into sci-fi/fantasy and like table top/board/card games and looking for others to indulge those interests with.

Novator wrote: »
    Yep reviving a dead thread. My wife and I recently moved to Oak Harbor and are looking to make some connections with people. We are both into sci-fi/fantasy and like table top/board/card games and looking for others to indulge those interests with.

You guys recently moved here to OH? There is a rollplaying gamer group here... Whidbey Gamers. But from what I gather, they mostly just play their own roll RP game, which they created. I have two gorilla boxes full of tabletop games, lol. Battlestar Galactica (with both expansions), Aix & Allies, Sar Wars X-Wing Miniature Game, Cards Against Humanity, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Zombies (with Zombie Clowns Expansion), Star Fleet Battles... the list goes on, lol. Alazul mention he lives in Anacortes... perhaps we can all get a meetup going? I assume a weekend night would be best?