As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

1235»

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    If anybody wants to pick up their stein at the LAN, please let me know. Otherwise I won't be there.

If I'm up for it maybe I'll drive down and pick mine up, if you'll be there whenever I can get around to leaving that is.

erp?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    While I can't come for the weekend, I will probably end up on whatever server you guys are playing on for BF3 :)

• CakieaCakiea SeattleRegistered User regular
    Oh God it's a Cakiea posting on the PA Forums! What is this I don't even....

BigRed's Birthday Barcrawl & Sushi 8/11

Sushi & Booze, two of Red's favorite things to celebrate his 29th Birthday!

Tasty sushi at Umi followed by stumbling through the bars of Belltown.

Umi Sake House 4pm August 11th
    This portion will most likely be limited to 10-12, please post if you want to come so I can make reservations within the next couple days.

Barcrawl! 6ish till whenever
    Word is Shorty's has gotten shitty so we're looking for some general suggestions and a good bar near Umi to meet up with those not interested in sushi.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @BigRed - PM me your address. I'll swing by on Saturday with steins.

@Cakiea - there's a couple of Izakaya places in the area that do sushi + other interesting noshies. Kushibar has ramen, and Wann has a variety of stuff. Umi definitely has the best sushi but their menu is a bit limited otherwise.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I WANT SUSHI IN MY FACE! OMNOMNOMNOM

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • MordoredMordored Registered User regular
    I miss you BigRed. Sadly I will not be attending BYOC this year (I'm an exhibitor this year), but i am sorely tempted to come LAN with you(In a cheerleading capacity). You still living up North? Please to be letting me know where this is located to see if i can make it by bus fairly easy.

I lick toads. Nuff said!
    I didnt see this until now. Boo!

You should at least swing by BYOC.

• RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Mordored wrote: »
    I miss you BigRed. Sadly I will not be attending BYOC this year (I'm an exhibitor this year), but i am sorely tempted to come LAN with you(In a cheerleading capacity). You still living up North? Please to be letting me know where this is located to see if i can make it by bus fairly easy.

come back to IRC, you

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
    edited September 2012
    IT IS STILL SUMMER! THIS THREAD STILL LIVES!

And to that... LETS DO A LAN!
    [SEA] Haethaus Mini-LAN v1.2 Sept 28-30 - I provide computers!

SO!

Here's the deal.

I have 10 gaming computers setup in my garage right now and I want to do a small event. This will be very heavily FPS based (with maybe some SC2 thrown in for a mixup).
    Theres also a couple spots if you want to bring your own machine.

Computers and mice are provided! (along with keyboards on the desktop systems)
    (Specs range from core i5/i7 machines with geforce gtx550m graphics up to gtx480 GPU's).
    I also have a couple extra BF3 accounts if you dont have it.

Lets play some games!

What is required from you if you want to come partake

That you own BF3 and maybe Starcraft 2 (I have 3 spare BF3 accounts if you dont have it)
    Bring a headset (and mouse/keyboard if you want your own)
    ARMORED KILL COMES OUT THE WEEKEND BEFORE THIS! HAVE IT!
    We play the BF3 expansions a lot.

Follow the house booze/beer/party rules
    Donations for utilities consumption are welcome and highly encouraged but not required

MMO's, playing single player games, and rage quitting aren't allowed. This is an even smaller focused LAN than before. Us vs the Internet in games! Lets beat up on some pub players. Jihad jeep them to oblivion! We will take breaks to go booze it up and consume food.

CAT:
    I Have a cat now. He is an inside cat. His name is Choppa. Try to use the front door whenever possible instead of constantly using the garage door for everything.

PEOPLE GOING!

Borrowed Machines:

1. Googalash
    2. Lord_Moon
    3. Solution (BF3)
    4. Sammich
    5. Beker
    6. AtomicGaryBusey (BF3)
    7. North
    8. Britality
    9. Kyanilis
    10. Gatzby

BYOC:
    1. BigRed
    2. Cakiea
    3. DaedalusLeto
    4. Ris3n_Da3mon (BF3)
    5. Dya
    6. Theros

WAITING LIST:

BigRed on
  • MoonVydeoMoonVydeo Lord Moon Enforcer at Large Istanbul (Not Constantinople)Registered User regular
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I highly doubt I can make it, but I'll be online for a bit here and there.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Now that I have a haulable PC, you schedule the LAN during this, the day of my daughter's birth.

I'll have to check out the next one.

Houn wrote: »
    Now that I have a haulable PC, you schedule the LAN during this, the day of my daughter's birth.

I'll have to check out the next one.

Well the LAN is 3 days, if you have to bail for a while to do your daughters birthday stuff then do so and come back :P

• AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    I would love to come, at least for a day. The bummer is that while I own BF3, I don't own any of the expansions. Money that could have been used on expansions was spent on Guild Wars 2....

Tl;dr do you have any of those spare BF3 accounts hanging around? :P

fss_overall.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Alas, it's a slumber party, so I'll be spending all Saturday night yelling at little girls to go to sleep.

• XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Would love to go but sadly I am in Georgia next week :(

Xalara on
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in an impromptu tabletop meetup Saturday (13th) night in the Seattle area? I'll be in town for hockey and maybe the retro gaming expo. Still haven't been to Cafe Max, so I was thinking of meeting up there. However, there are plenty of other places that would work... Raygun Lounge, Belltown Pub, etc.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Anyone interested in an impromptu tabletop meetup Saturday (13th) night in the Seattle area? I'll be in town for hockey and maybe the retro gaming expo. Still haven't been to Cafe Max, so I was thinking of meeting up there. However, there are plenty of other places that would work... Raygun Lounge, Belltown Pub, etc.
    There is a more current seattle meetup thread.

This discussion has been closed.