As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NVIDIA

Nemesis3dNemesis3d Registered User new member
edited September 2007 in PAX Archive
Did anyone actually win the SLI find your Match? I was 57030 I came close a few times but no luck

Nemesis3d on

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I found my match here on the boards. I posted my number (55868) on Friday, and clerkenwell sent me a PM late Saturday. She won the 800w Power Supply, I got one of the 8600 GTS cards. =D

Houn on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My friend did, he was lucky his match was one of the girls at the NCsoft booth. Although he just got a video game it was still pretty awesome.

atray on
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I found my match and won the SLI 680i mobo!!! w00t!

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    Nemesis3dNemesis3d Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    I know I found my number on here but no one awsered or replied with a way to contact. I guess they did not know about the other posts. Oh well thats life I guess.

Nemesis3d on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    did Nvidia post the winners pictures somewhere?

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    anyone else think that was an incredibly bad idea? It slowed down everyone in every line as they scanned buttons as they passed. Props to the guy with the database though.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    i thought it was kind of fun. it was definitely memorable and encouraged people to interact with each other

Misterioso on
  • Options
    corith1corith1 Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    I found my match also within about 4 hours of getting my button and won the the 680i sli mobo. The guy with the matching number won a game with his spin.

corith1 on
  • Options
    TehBugTehBug Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    corith1 wrote: »
    I found my match also within about 4 hours of getting my button and won the the 680i sli mobo. The guy with the matching number won a game with his spin.

Hah, yea, that was my roommate that was your match actually. xD We just played the game last night too.

TehBug on
    ~TehBug
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shade wrote: »
    anyone else think that was an incredibly bad idea? It slowed down everyone in every line as they scanned buttons as they passed. Props to the guy with the database though.

I do, I skipped it since I saw what kind of BS they were pulling.

Buttons are better then all the tickets getting drawn on the last say but it still sucks imho. There has to be a significantly more elegant way.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My friend found his match in four hours. He won a mother board. Bastard.

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shade wrote: »

I do, I skipped it since I saw what kind of BS they were pulling.

Buttons are better then all the tickets getting drawn on the last say but it still sucks imho. There has to be a significantly more elegant way.

I just got tired of people using the mic in panels to say their numbers. Kinda took away from the experience.

Shade on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I got a button, wrote my number on the main board, scanned it all for 5 minutes, gave up and did other things.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I didn't even bother with it. I came to pax for concerts, free stuff without effort, panels, and other stuff. asking people for their numbers was annoying. kinda fun to see how creative people got with advertising their numbers though.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I got a number and figured, if my match finds me, sweet. If not, I really didn't care in the first place. During the line for the Saturday night concert, my friend was bored, so he asked everyone as they walked by what their number was. He was looking for my match for me.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    Comrade OneComrade One Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Anyone else see the guy holding up the sign that just said "3"?

That was awesome.

Comrade One on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Anyone else see the guy holding up the sign that just said "3"?

That was awesome.
    see the guy with the "867-5309" sign? :lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.