As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arkham Horror Signups and Discussion Thread

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    Well, I could try to host a game, but I need all the materials

All the cards needed for the game are on Handtracker, and I can also send you a spreadsheet which I use to keep track of things (Microsoft Excel) by email.

I can't help you much in the visual department, but all images needed for the game can be found on AH wiki.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Starting a new game - link

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    I can't help you much in the visual department, but all images needed for the game can be found on AH wiki.
    Could not find Arkham gameboard image.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    Could not find Arkham gameboard image.

I think I can send you the AH board. Give me a moment :)

• SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    So I'd love to sign up for a game, but I don't own AH at all (it's on my list). I see you guys mentioning rules online, and the board being able to be sent. Then I see a mention of handtracker, and for the life of me other than figuring out it's some sort of way to play board/deck games online, I can't find it. Any help with links so I can learn/sign up? Would love to get in Daemonis' new game if I can get up to speed in time.

Snowdown wrote: »
    So I'd love to sign up for a game, but I don't own AH at all (it's on my list). I see you guys mentioning rules online, and the board being able to be sent. Then I see a mention of handtracker, and for the life of me other than figuring out it's some sort of way to play board/deck games online, I can't find it. Any help with links so I can learn/sign up? Would love to get in Daemonis' new game if I can get up to speed in time.

Hi @Snowdown , glad you are interested in AH! I'm phone posting at the moment, but I can tell you that you don't need any handtracker account or anything else to play, just knowledge of the rules. :)

I think you can join Daemonis's game since it is filling up quite slowly.

Phone posting here too - kids karate night. Any suggestions on which rules pdf to read? I found a quick rules pdf on boardgamegeek. Does fantasy flight make the rules public?

Thank you kindly!

@Snowdown, what happened to you? D:

And on another note:
    Innsmouth_Fish_Packers_Inc__by_Malakh7.jpg

In a couple of weeks, I shall be free to host an IH game...

One spot open for another Innsmouth Horror game!

Also accepting reserves. Reccomended for experienced players only, so that's why I'm not taking players from the signup list unless they feel up for the challenge. Sorry!

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Drop me back onto the sign up list, going for a different AO this time?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    Drop me back onto the sign up list, going for a different AO this time?

It depends, players will decide how the AO is chosen. :)

Most likely going to be different though, Rhan was a monster.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    About ready to start up a new AH game. Since it's my first time hosting(and since I haven't used any of them), not using any expansions yet. Should I just take the top 6-8 people in the signup list on the first page, or ask for others?

edited July 2013
    Eh, screw it. Just gonna take the first 6 names, since this is a base set only game.

Edit: And here it is!

Farangu on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Throw me on the reserve list, please? Don't mind missing Farangu's but would like to be on there for the future.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

There's always the chance that I'll take you guys if others on the lost don't respond.

Yea, if no-one responds by the end of this weekend, I'll get jdarksun in and just start with whomever is interested.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I played this for the first time in years over the weekend and realized that I had forgotten how much fun it is.

Please add me to the player waiting list!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I have been considering trying to run this online for a group of friends who I've been playing for real with but soon won't be able to. If someone can give me a primer on how the available tools work I am more than willing to run a game here as an experiment.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    Honestly it's quite simple. What I'm doing is running it through VASSAL, where Mi-Go and others have a master board file and move tokens around in Photoshop/GIMP, and a spreadsheet to keep track of items and monsters and such. Whichever route you go, it's not that complicated.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    SIGNY!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    !Sign up

For a future game.

Chrysis wrote: »
    I have been considering trying to run this online for a group of friends who I've been playing for real with but soon won't be able to. If someone can give me a primer on how the available tools work I am more than willing to run a game here as an experiment.

All the decks are available on handtracker and all the info on the AH wiki. If you need me to email you the AH spreadsheet I use to track everything, feel free to PM me.

edited July 2013
    I've had a look at Handtracker, but there were a few things that seemed a bit rough. Namely I couldn't find any option to have a "hand" for each player without them signing up, etc, so I assume all the cards get drawn to the dealer's hand and then a spreadsheet is used to keep track of who has what. It also didn't seem to handle the Arkham "discard to the bottom" mechanic, so I assume that's just waved away by shuffling the discard in when the deck gets empty. The built in Arkham decks also seemed to include some Expansion cards by default. Ultimately it looked workable, but messy, so I was wondering if there was something I had missed.

So, I was just looking at the Vassal module, as it was mentioned earlier for handling the game board. Is there a particular reason the card deck modules aren't used? I can't download them at the moment to have a play.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    I've had a look at Handtracker, but there were a few things that seemed a bit rough. Namely I couldn't find any option to have a "hand" for each player without them signing up, etc, so I assume all the cards get drawn to the dealer's hand and then a spreadsheet is used to keep track of who has what. It also didn't seem to handle the Arkham "discard to the bottom" mechanic, so I assume that's just waved away by shuffling the discard in when the deck gets empty. The built in Arkham decks also seemed to include some Expansion cards by default. Ultimately it looked workable, but messy, so I was wondering if there was something I had missed.

So, I was just looking at the Vassal module, as it was mentioned earlier for handling the game board. Is there a particular reason the card deck modules aren't used? I can't download them at the moment to have a play.

The spreadsheet solves the problems you mentioned by tracking which cards are in the discard and which cards are in play. And for the expansion cards, you can simply ignore them when drawn.

I can email the spreadsheet to you if you need it. :)

edited July 2013
    Yes please, I'd like to have a look at it. Email is the user name here @gmail.com

EDIT: Ok, luckily it looks like there isn't a gmail user. That wasn't what I had in mind.

Chrysis on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Please add me to the player list :)

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    YAY!
    Skiddy's back!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Ok, so apparently I have to sign up, not sign up.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    Ok, so apparently I have to sign up, not sign up.

Whooops, didn't see your post. I inserted your name after jdark.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular

@mi-go hunter

Thanks for the spreadsheet. Could come in handy.

I had a quick look at the Vassal module this morning before work, and it actually looks pretty good. I haven't tried much, like saving a game to reload later, but it looks like it's easy enough to keep everything organised. Harder to do house rule stuff like the secret gates for the new game that's running, but I wasn't likely to run anything like that anyway. I do need to get a new monitor though, Vassal is a pain to work with when your highest resolution is 1360x768. I guess that's what you get when you use an old HD TV as a monitor.

@mi-go hunter

Thanks for the spreadsheet. Could come in handy.

No problem, hope it helps!

edited July 2013
    I'll keep playing around, and then maybe start a game after/during the weekend. Maybe run through a couple of turns by myself to get work flow sorted out. Is the first post up to date with the waiting list? Would anyone object to base game + Curse of the Dark Pharoh expansion?

I've found by playing it for real that the base game doesn't really give any reason to muck about in the streets, which is a shame. The extra location cards are also nice. The same player drawing the creepy stalker wizard at the Historical Society 3 times in one game was funny, but not very interesting. Curse doesn't really make things any more complicated either, which means you don't really need to learn much extra.

EDIT: Bit the bullet and started a game. OP can be found here.

Chrysis on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I bought Curse early on, but found that it mostly just tends to make an already-difficult game harder. A lot of the additions made my group wince upon drawing them. Been ages since it came out of its box, though, so my memory might be off.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I bought Curse early on, but found that it mostly just tends to make an already-difficult game harder. A lot of the additions made my group wince upon drawing them. Been ages since it came out of its box, though, so my memory might be off.

kshu0oba7xnr.png