As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Next gen, curent gen and the show floor

2»

• Options
    WolfmanASTNWolfmanASTN Registered User regular
    The real question is, will OUYA be on the show floor (or perchance in a nearby parking lot...)

lol, what is that thing anyway?

A $99 emulator, that can also play some android games

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    JamieOD wrote: »
    The real question is, will OUYA be on the show floor (or perchance in a nearby parking lot...)

I'm half expecting it to take the place of the Firefall bus.

Firefall branded Ouya. It'll be the perfect vortex of annoying publicity stunts.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Best thing about the Ouya so far is that it might mean Double Fine's adventure game could make it to Android.

Seriously, I really like the idea but the actual device has been fairly disappointing as yet.

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I hope Firefall never leaves PAX. They had the best carpet anywhere. So comfortable.

• Options
    SweetdaddyGSweetdaddyG Lisburn, Northern IrelandRegistered User regular
    I am kind of considering an Ouya, but to be honest I dont think it does much my softmodded wii and wii u doesnt already do emulator wise...or my android tablet or phone...am I missing any other unique feature of it? Are there any killer apps other than emulation of 20 year old games?

sweetdaddyg on Nintendo Network+Live/sweetdaddyg1 on PSN
  • Options
    I am kind of considering an Ouya, but to be honest I dont think it does much my softmodded wii and wii u doesnt already do emulator wise...or my android tablet or phone...am I missing any other unique feature of it? Are there any killer apps other than emulation of 20 year old games?

Not really, since you already have an emulator and an android device. It'd just make you have to rebuy your android games. The only thing that's really special about it is that it can work with pretty much any USB controller.

• Options
    I just remembered that Walking Dead Season 2 is supposed to come out this Fall, I hope to see something for that there.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Call me crazy, but I want to see Hyperkins new RetroN 5. I don't know if they'll be promoting at PAX or not though.

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I played with a prototype of the RetroN 5 at the Midwest gaming classic where they unveiled it, it was pretty slick.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    I hope Firefall never leaves PAX. They had the best carpet anywhere. So comfortable.
    I just hope it keeps going as a joke

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    At the least the advertising wasn't as pronounced last year as it was in 2011. Couldn't look in any direction without seeing a giant ass firefall banner when you couldn't even do anything beyond sign up for the closed beta.

• Options
    disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Call me crazy, but I want to see Hyperkins new RetroN 5. I don't know if they'll be promoting at PAX or not though.
    that would be cool

• Options
    disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    wow 1.5k views

• Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    I figured I would bump this up as there may be some info released regarding what is showing on the floor relatively soon.

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
This discussion has been closed.