As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] The Summer Dale is upon us!

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I hope the mystery cards end up like, permanently reducing your inventory space, or being +50% coupons.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    And SteamGifts is excellent for not getting into a gifting war, but still being classy. You can make neat giveaways like this!

signature.png

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Malakaius wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    To all newbies, the greatest way to gain a presence here is to give freely. To give, one must first share their steam id, usually in their signature, it allows you to be befriended on steam without having to post it over and over and over.

Steam Signature are

*insert Proof.jpg whenever I find the damn thing*

get them here

http://alabasterslim.com/signatures.php?account=&style=steam_sig.png

I read that as Poof.jpg and though you were doing a magic trick.

Yep, This community is very welcoming if you just post and join in the conversation, Participation in gift wars is not a requirement and can be very dangerous to your backlog, and wallet.
    I'm sure some of us are biding our time and waiting for the summer sale to maximize our initial gift giving explosions.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    And SteamGifts is excellent for not getting into a gifting war, but still being classy. You can make neat giveaways like this!

signature.png

Of course you know, This means war!
    No it doesn't

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Repost for the new thread (@Jragghen, for your consideration for the OP archive):

utsgVf8.jpg

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Case in point, the forumite I was a dick to in the last thread (and I was a dick) posted a steam gifts giveaway right away, they're learning well. Everyone friend them and annihilate their wish list!

edit: Steam really needs to put an option to let us know what the threshhold is for someone's PC, not anything explicit but something to let me know that something like Crysis 3 or Metro: Last Light would not be welcome (in my case :( )

RoyceSraphim on
  • Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The steam chat is Dangerous Territory! @DaringDirk shot a Pinball FX2 table at me without warning.

Tread lightly all who venture there..

Drunken Bastard on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Repost for the new thread (@Jragghen, for your consideration for the OP archive):

utsgVf8.jpg

Bah, I totally forgot to put this in the OP when you PM'd me. :(

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• daichiasukadaichiasuka Registered User regular
    Case in point, the forumite I was a dick to in the last thread (and I was a dick) posted a steam gifts giveaway right away, they're learning well. Everyone friend them and annihilate their wish list!

edit: Steam really needs to put an option to let us know what the threshhold is for someone's PC, not anything explicit but something to let me know that something like Crysis 3 or Metro: Last Light would not be welcome (in my case :( )

Hmm... I should probably create a wish list then...

camo_sig2.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I hope the mystery cards end up like, permanently reducing your inventory space, or being +50% coupons.

I don't know what they are doing, but we should all try and trade cards with each other so we can all craft badges and get at least one of them in case they turn into something cool.

Here's what I have/need:

Blocks That Matter:

Markus
    Markus
    Slimes

FTL:

Zoltan Cruiser
    Stealth Cruiser (foil)

Half Life 2:

Gordon Freeman
    Gordon and Alyx
    Respite

Psychonauts:

Figments
    Figments
    Figments
    Lungfish Citizens

Binding of Isaac:

0 The Fool
    IV The Emperor
    IV The Emperor
    VI The Lovers
    VI The Lovers

Basically I just need whatever will get me a full set for a badge.

SmokeStacks on
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Hmm... I should probably create a wish list then...

Yessss.... you should.

I enjoy perusing--and analyzing--wishlists.

For reasons.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    @TheBrayster gifted me Mario Kart Sonic Racing Transformed. In return I took the pinkest car I could find, practiced with it for twenty minutes and then beat him three times in a row. That'll teach him for reckless class.

Hnnnnnggggg....

Beginners luck. Just wait til we get a full lobby, not just me and some douchebag AI.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    Oh no I've got like 10 mystery cards. They appear to happen with legit every badge by now. If people want a mystery card in exchange for approximately equivalent amounts of non-mystery cards (that is, like ~75 cents worth) feel free to hit me up for a trade.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Steam really needs to put an option to let us know what the threshhold is for someone's PC, not anything explicit but something to let me know that something like Crysis 3 or Metro: Last Light would not be welcome (in my case :( )

Or it would be handy if you could sort your friends games by system requirements and see what the most demanding games they have are. That would give you a pretty decent ballpark at least. I would hate to be gifted something that I can't run on my high-powered toaster.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

You know what else would be nice? The ability to flag a game as "Already own elsewhere" to avoid regifting people things they already own on Origin/Amazon/GOG/etc.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @TheBrayster gifted me Mario Kart Sonic Racing Transformed. In return I took the pinkest car I could find, practiced with it for twenty minutes and then beat him three times in a row. That'll teach him for reckless class.

Hnnnnnggggg....

Beginners luck. Just wait til we get a full lobby, not just me and some douchebag AI.

Beginners luck three times in a row, with a slower racer. 8->

Regardless of fuller lobby results I shall forever be smug over this.

• shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular

signature.png

Also, this doesn't always work, especially if the winner decides you need to be gotten back at.

Hnnnnnggggg....

Beginners luck three times in a row, with a slower racer. 8->

Regardless of fuller lobby results I shall forever be smug over this.

Slower racer is a bit moot, all the racers are good in their own areas. But I can promise you this.

You have a made a rival today. I will see you burn on the track. And Knuckles will be the one to do it.

• NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    If you haven't friendzoned me on Le Steam. You probably should. Wishlist browsing is like people watching except i'll know your desires.

Also, anyone picked up that Daily, Lords of Football?

I've had it wishlisted for a while, and it looks kinda neat, but has anyone played to give a written impression of how it is.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Steam really needs to put an option to let us know what the threshhold is for someone's PC, not anything explicit but something to let me know that something like Crysis 3 or Metro: Last Light would not be welcome (in my case :( )

Or it would be handy if you could sort your friends games by system requirements and see what the most demanding games they have are. That would give you a pretty decent ballpark at least. I would hate to be gifted something that I can't run on my high-powered toaster.

Yeah, if you're a toasterbro (like me), you might want to list your specs in your Steam profile somewhere.

Sorting by system requirements won't do a lot, because there are folks like me who have games that are out of their PC's league that they got either from gifting or bought when they were on some crazy sale in anticipation for whenever they can get around to upgrading.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I know it wouldn't be foolproof but it would be a start. While you were checking, you could see if those demanding games had any hours on them which would be another clue. All just pointless dreaming though. The Newell will as the Newell wills

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Gamersgate has their summer sale starting
    Notable is:
    Metro Last Light $33.47
    DMC: Devil May Cry $24.98
    Forge $5.00
    Omerta City Of Gangsters Complete Pack $27.46

The Omerta deal isn't the greatest, but I think it's the first complete pack I've seen.

You can find the full list of Steam redeemable deals on my blog.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    Gamersgate has their summer sale starting
    Notable is:
    Metro Last Light $33.47
    DMC: Devil May Cry $24.98
    Forge $5.00
    Omerta City Of Gangsters Complete Pack $27.46

The Omerta deal isn't the greatest, but I think it's the first complete pack I've seen.

You can find the full list of Steam redeemable deals on my blog.

Does anyone have any opinions on Forge?

It looks decent, but it also looks like it could be complete shite on a stick.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Sales have always started on Thursdays, right? Though it would be interesting for Gabe to pull a magic trick on us and start it tomorrow...

steam_sig-400.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    You can probably get a decent feel of a persons pc capability by looking at their wishlist.

Anyone who wants to figure out if Forge is any good, give it a shot:

C8P3J-GLCKD-P365L

Places other than steam need to quit having sales on things, My money is already in my steam wallet damnit.

Some extra keys I have laying around...

signature.png

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    You can probably get a decent feel of a persons pc capability by looking at their wishlist.

You can get a decent feel for a person's humanity by looking at their wishlist. :P

Not that I judge people by their wishlists. Most of the time.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Now that we have a new thread, it's time to recognize some classiness. Last week, I apparently had a gigantic "GIFT ME!" sign on my back, because @rikdaly smacked me with McPixel (I've played the first levels, and it's funny as heck (especially the volcano)), @Smokestacks knocked me down with Star Wolves 2, and then @Krummith ran me over with his Battleship-style contest (at which I lost, but then he accidentally sent me the 2nd-place prize - DLC Quest!, and then BOUGHT AN EXTRA PRIZE so that both I and the real 2nd-placer would get their toys).

Damn, people. It's not even Daletime.

This would grossly underestimate my PC. I have a high end rig for other reasons, but I play a lot of platformer/strategy indie stuffs.

camo_sig2.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I hope I'm human. Am I human?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »

You can get a decent feel for a person's humanity by looking at their wishlist. :P

I swear to god, CODBLOPS2 is just on there ironically! I haven't even played through a COD game since World at War except for the one that came with my Vita and that was just so I could write a snarky review for my blog!

I'M NOT A BRO nooooooo

I hope I'm human. Am I human?

Nope, It was a false positive, sorry. LOOK OVER THERE! *points*

• CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    Mark of the Ninja is an amazing game, and everyone should play it. Way better than I thought it would be.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »

It's like "What Color is my Parachute?: Steam Edition"

edited July 2013
    signature.png

durandal4532 on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I just got a new computer.

Apparently the dale hasnt even started yet and im already 700 bucks in the hole. But its soooo much faster then my old one.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    azith28 wrote: »
    I just got a new computer.

Apparently the dale hasnt even started yet and im already 700 bucks in the hole. But its soooo much faster then my old one.

Yay! Isn't it nice though? I just upgraded too a couple weeks ago! Been goin through my steam library and installing old games to see the pretties (Crysis 1 still looks amazing)

This discussion has been closed.