As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] The Summer Dale is upon us!

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    @DiannaoChong apparently decided to counter-class my hurling a Bioshock Infinite key at him by returning fire with Alan Wake!

I currently don't have the time to download it, but I was SORELY TEMPTED by it awhile back! Looking forward to having the time to play it!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Honestly, I think Crysis 1 looks better than most new games these days. Also, try metro

steam_sig.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Whats with the new wierd avatars some of the oldies have changed too? The art looks familiar.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Scribblenauts bandwagon

YL9WnCY.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Scribblenauts bandwagon

You can't just give it away like that!

There's a secret handshake and stuff.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Just finished The Walking Dead: 400 Days together with the missus. We felt some feels and shed some tears, overall it was a pretty good DLC, especially considering it's very short length. Well worth the 5 bucks they're asking for it!

Todesbart on
    steam_sig.png
  • EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Scribblenauts bandwagon

Yep, just like the Freemasons . . . damn, forget I said that! The two are definitely not related at all!

steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Scribblenauts bandwagon

A whole world of secret stuff ;-)

steam_sig.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    holy crap @Peewi have you really played 83 hours of Devil May Cry 4?

steam_sig.png
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Emberquick wrote: »
    Scribblenauts bandwagon

Yep, just like the Freemasons . . . damn, forget I said that! The two are definitely not related at all!

Geez, Some Doorman you are, gonna just give away all our secrets.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Malakaius wrote: »
    Emberquick wrote: »
    Scribblenauts bandwagon

Geez, Some Doorman you are, gonna just give away all our secrets.

No, it's cool--nobody else knows about the HiT BiT Chamber in the Valve under-basement . . . GOD DAMN IT WHY CAN'T I STOP?

steam_sig.png
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Holy shit! Ryan Davis of Giant Bomb passed away. Sad fucking news.

I never met the guy, but I am a religious listener to the Bomcast so I felt like I knew the guy by proxy. This is awful news.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Luchaire

How is Secret World? Or are you still stuck in character creation?

Crayon on
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Gamefly has some deals going also
    Notable are:
    Use code GFDJUL20 for 20% off
    DMC - Devil May Cry $33.49

Sanctum 2 $7.49

Sanctum 2 Season Pass $5.99

Strike Suit Infinity $3.49

Strike Suit Zero $9.99

Full list can be found on my blog.

Krummith on
  • HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Sheesh, just change the doorknock to Shave and a Haircut already. Security by hiding in plain sight.

Also, trying to decide where to start my backlog can be paralyzing at times. Should probably start with the games in progress (stuff like Avernum) and work my way from there.

steam_sig-400.png
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    I would like to thank @Big Classy for diminishing the threat that is @Luchaire by burying her in a grave of MMOs. She will be much easier to suprise gift during the sale if she is always ingame.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Organ Trail campaign beaten, a good game to play while other games are installing.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @ Luchaire

If it interests you I'd reccomend grabbing it either now or when it goes on sale again. Provided you can tolerate generic MMO combat more or less everything else is interesting and well put together.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Someone asked about it in the last thread - Expeditions: Conquistador is pretty great if you like turn based tactical combat, RPG mechanics, unique followers with personal stories, moral choices (that actually have an affect on your army and the way people react to you), character customization, stats, fairly good writing with lots of detail, and a historical background.

It's worth full price, which is only 20 bucks, but I got it on sale for I think 12.

Are you the magic man?
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

More. I had a retail copy originally and rebought it in a Steam sale. My main save file has about 130 hours on it. S-ranked all the missions on Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda and three quarters of Dante Must Die. Dante does not have charge shot 3.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

More. I had a retail copy originally and rebought it in a Steam sale. My main save file has about 130 hours on it. S-ranked all the missions on Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda and three quarters of Dante Must Die. Dante does not have charge shot 3.

*slow clap*

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Krummith wrote: »
    Gamersgate has their summer sale starting
    Notable is:
    Metro Last Light $33.47
    DMC: Devil May Cry $24.98
    Forge $5.00
    Omerta City Of Gangsters Complete Pack $27.46

The Omerta deal isn't the greatest, but I think it's the first complete pack I've seen.

You can find the full list of Steam redeemable deals on my blog.

Does anyone have any opinions on Forge?

It looks decent, but it also looks like it could be complete shite on a stick.

It's sort of a MOBA, multiplayer only, and according to the forums the community is pretty small and hostile to new comers. The game is also somewhat buggy and poorly optimized.

Blendtec on
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

nice! I've just started it and I'm terrible, I can't even do the 2nd secret mission so I have no chance of S-ranking it

steam_sig.png
    @Luchaire

You shut up! You shut up right now!

So what if I have 12 hours in the game and am still not past the tutorial? Huh? So what!?
    Malakaius wrote: »
    I would like to thank @Big Classy for diminishing the threat that is @Luchaire by burying her in a grave of MMOs. She will be much easier to suprise gift during the sale if she is always ingame.

You're as much a monster as Isy is!

I hate all of you!

/sob
    <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Forge isn't a MOBA.

It's literally MMO PVP with two differences:

1) minimal levelling stuff: You get set builds for each class and have very few options to change them. It lets you jump in and get involved without having to grind

2) shooter controls mean you have to aim every attack.

Its.... okay? If you like MMO PVP for whatever reason then Forge will probably tickle your fancy. The community is tiny though and you have to use the Steam server browser in order to join servers for some reason.

• TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    RIP another 100 pages of Steam thread ...

steam_sig.png
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Dammit, I missed the end of the Sonic Racing Transformed sale. Hope it gets a good discount in the Summer Dale.

steam_sig.png
  • VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    How is Leviathan Warships? It was one of those games that I found interesting in concept, but never wishlisted because I didn't see anybody give the "holy crap, you should try this" to it. I almost picked it up on sale last week, but figured I'd wat until the Dale.

Keep in mind, I actually enjoy strategy games. I enjoy RTS game with tactical elements like Starcraft, but when I say "Strategy Games" I really mean games like Gratuitous Space Battles. Where you set your strategy and maybe give pre-defined tactical orders and then let your troops make their own bad decisions for themselves (while you yell at your screen impotently)... maybe I should see a therapist?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I get scared when I see more than 3 friend invites when I open steam....

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Scribblenauts bandwagon
    NOdycrl.png

(Yes, shopped. The editor is too limited to allow the required number of objects :mrgreen: )

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Here I was playing neutral in this class war and then @Malakaius goes and destroys my backlog with a PA bomb of Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4.

Oh, it is on now.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Here I was playing neutral in this class war and then @Malakaius goes and destroys my backlog with a PA bomb of Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4.

Oh, it is on now.

Oh hi. You should accept my friend request.

Just cuz.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KhezKhez Registered User regular

Oh, it is on now.

Oh hi. You should accept my friend request.

Just cuz.
    its a trap!

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
    edited July 2013
    I just accepted Luchaire's friend request before I realized what I was doing! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

Maybe I can unfriend him in time.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I just accepted Luchaire's friend request before I realized what I was doing! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

evillaugh.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    holy crap Peewi have you really played 83 hours of Devil May Cry 4?

nice! I've just started it and I'm terrible, I can't even do the 2nd secret mission so I have no chance of S-ranking it

That's the one where you have to do 5 mid air busters, right? Wait for a group of enemies, then jump up and switch between doing snatch (lock-on and B) and buster (B without lock-on). The reward for doing the secret missions is health upgrades and you can always come back to them later.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Welcome to Crayon's Steam Insanity Sunday! Monday!

Open to Adventure Team!

signature.png

Open to Penny Arcade group!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Crayon on
    edited July 2013
    @Luchaire just raised this to DEFCON 3 by gifting me Poker Night at the Inventory 2. It's like the Summer Dale isn't around the corner here guys!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    FYI - Hidden gem of the Amazon Dale is Clive Barker's Jericho. It's $1.36 or something, and is supposed to be pretty interesting. Activates on Steam, but downside is that there are no trading cards.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    That Spec Ops giveaway does not have NEARLY enough entries.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
This discussion has been closed.