As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Infamous 2] Festival of Blood DLC out now!

1323334353638»

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Not to mention that the first game was pretty damn fun in it's own right.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Yeah festival of blood was good, but it was like, what, 2.5 hours long, tops? And they didn't really go as far with the whole vampire theme as I was hoping they would.

I had way more fun with both the original game and Infamous 2.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Bringing this thread back because I'm in love with Infamous 2. Its looks gorgeous and I have no idea how its running so smooth seeing as how the first was barely playable at points. And I really dig the fact that your actions in the first game factor into the second, nothing major but its enough to put a smile on my face.

Going through both games as the token good guy and once I've finished this run of Infamous 2, I'll restart the first game as the super villain asshole.

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    I finished Infamous 2 recently (my PS3 exploded in the middle of my playthrough, only recently got it repaired) in acrobatic Palpatine mode and rather enjoyed it. Going to put it on ice a bit before I play it again as Cuddlebunny Cole.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Rise thread! A year later!

I had no idea what thread to put this in, so I decided to just bring this one back rather than clutter up the PSN one or whatever.

When I got my PS3, it came with inFamous 1 & 2 (and Uncharted 1 & 2), and after loving the Second Son trailer I decided to play the 1st one.

It started slow, but I was having a blast by the end. The choices were stupid, and I hope they improve on that. It was never really a moral choice (except for one). It was "Are you a dick?"
    Even the final ray sphere one was silly. I was thinking it was "Do I destroy it or hand it over to Moya?", or something. Which I would have had to think about. But it was "Do I destroy it or do I DESTROY THE CITY" essentially.

Other than the Trish vs. Doctors choices, they were painfully bad. I mean, if you wanted to play as a campy evil dude I bet your wish is granted, and I WILL be doing that now, but the evil was just hilariously evil even when it didn't have to be. The choices were never subtle. It was always "Do you help this sick person or do you murder them and steal all that they have left in this world in front of their family?"

I mean, I thought the plot was bonkers stupid. Not bad, but like, so over the top comic booky it seemed weird - but a very fun weird. But I didnt care, I guess. It was fun. It was a good week waster - a fun game that took a full week to beat and was mindless good times. But there ARE enough hooks in the plot that I am excited for the second one. I still have no idea who to trust, who John was, all that stuff. And the final boss was just ridiculous. That ending (the "good" ending I guess) was just so far out of left field that it was hilarious - but again, could be twisted into something pretty cool.

I keep hearing the second one is better, so Im glad I have that and the DLC ready to go. I'm not going to hop into it right away, but I am looking forward to when the mood hits me.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Rise thread! A year later!

I had no idea what thread to put this in, so I decided to just bring this one back rather than clutter up the PSN one or whatever.

When I got my PS3, it came with inFamous 1 & 2 (and Uncharted 1 & 2), and after loving the Second Son trailer I decided to play the 1st one.

It started slow, but I was having a blast by the end. The choices were stupid, and I hope they improve on that. It was never really a moral choice (except for one). It was "Are you a dick?"
    Even the final ray sphere one was silly. I was thinking it was "Do I destroy it or hand it over to Moya?", or something. Which I would have had to think about. But it was "Do I destroy it or do I DESTROY THE CITY" essentially.

Other than the Trish vs. Doctors choices, they were painfully bad. I mean, if you wanted to play as a campy evil dude I bet your wish is granted, and I WILL be doing that now, but the evil was just hilariously evil even when it didn't have to be. The choices were never subtle. It was always "Do you help this sick person or do you murder them and steal all that they have left in this world in front of their family?"

I mean, I thought the plot was bonkers stupid. Not bad, but like, so over the top comic booky it seemed weird - but a very fun weird. But I didnt care, I guess. It was fun. It was a good week waster - a fun game that took a full week to beat and was mindless good times. But there ARE enough hooks in the plot that I am excited for the second one. I still have no idea who to trust, who John was, all that stuff. And the final boss was just ridiculous. That ending (the "good" ending I guess) was just so far out of left field that it was hilarious - but again, could be twisted into something pretty cool.

I keep hearing the second one is better, so Im glad I have that and the DLC ready to go. I'm not going to hop into it right away, but I am looking forward to when the mood hits me.

Yeah, the moral choices didn't have much in the way of ambiguity to them.
    I also really hated the 'Doctors or Trish' choice, thanks to the way they rewrite it so she's never the one you save, no matter what. I hate it when games pull that, especially when there's no good reason to. If they wanted Trish out of it no matter what, they could have just had her leave in disgust after saving her.

2 is slightly better about that, but a lot of the choices are coming from two people, with one saying 'let's save innocent lives' and the other saying 'I like monsters and setting things/people on fire', so it's not like you can't tell which side you're choosing.
    I'd like it they didn't actually colour code moral decisions, so you actually had to think about each one. All these games, everyone just picks a goal at the start, good or evil, but just follows it no matter what.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    they might not have color coded the moral choices in the second one, but if memory serves they did color code the two people are giving you the choices. the morality stuff was always by far the lamest part of the infamous games, but theyre still super fun games. i cant wait for second son!

man now i vaguely want to go back and finish the platinum for infamous 1, but i dont think i have it in me to find all those stupid fucking shards. it was fun in the second one, but god those things are so terrible in the first one. i found literally all but one of them on my first playthrough, and then spent hours and hours wandering around/checking collectibles maps trying to find the last one.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Infamous 1 is a pretty terrible game. I played through it twice and have no desire to ever go back to it...

Infamous 2 however, sooooo awesome. Went through it the first time continuing my evil Cole game. Ionic vortex was the coolest damn thing. Love how the powers work in the second one too with the different variations on the base powers. Festival of Blood was pretty awesome too, I wish I could use that swarm of bats power in the main game.

This concludes my 3rd grade report on why I love Infamous 2. Now, let's talk about how we're so excited for Second Son that we can barely stand it! I do kinda wish the main character in the new game was a female conduit, though. You know, get a chance to see a strong badass female conduit instead of the emotionally damaged psychos that were Nix and Kuo(I guess Nix had a good excuse). "Second Son" wouldn't make sense as a title then, I suppose.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Infamous 2 does get bonus points for (ending spoiler)
    flipping the Good and Evil advocates at the end.

So, the magnum bolt power that good Cole gets in Infamous 2 is pretty dang sweet. Now I'm just shooting actual big lightning bolts at these assholes.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'd say Good Cole gets better utility powers. Especially that ice column launch power, really speeds up getting to the power lines and start grinding.

Also Glide&Grind is still a totally satisfying way to get around town.

Ohhhh shit! Cole gets the same launch power that those asshole Vermacht guys use? Nice. That's good to hear since the fire powers were a little underwhelming.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ohhhh shit! Cole gets the same launch power that those asshole Vermacht guys use? Nice. That's good to hear since the fire powers were a little underwhelming.

Eh, not quite. You can't nearly jump whole houses with it, more like double/triple cole's own height.

Evil cole gets
    Firebird strike. You launch forwards while covered in flames, doing damage if you hit an enemy. It goes a decent distance, but the neat part is that you can chain them together for as long as you want - until you run outta energy. So yes, you can actually fly! For quite a bit even.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    the ice mobility power is way better, but the fire one is real fun too. neither of them hold a candle to the greatness of the bat swarm from festival of blood though.

I haven't used the ice power yet, but I can agree to that. Especially once you get a maxed out blood meter. Shadow Strike was awesome too.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I still gotta finish 2. But the powers are so much better in it than in 1. I'm going good gyu I think and its been pretty fun.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know looking back on it...didn't really care for Infamous 2's ending choices.

I will say one thing, it was one of the few times in a game that I honestly contemplated the "evil" option.